Weighted clothing is a great way to build your strength without spending hours and hours in the gym. Something as simple as wearing a weighted-vest or ankle weights while going for a walk or in your day to day life is a great way to build your strength.
Resistance training is arguably the best way to increase your athletic ability. Through exercises such as weight lifting and dumbbell workouts, you can rapidly boost your body’s abilities. Cue weighted clothing, giving you the ability to partake in resistance training from just about anywhere. Also excellent for enhancing or to level up your bodyweight workouts.
There are many weighted clothing options so in the following post we explore the different choices you have. Perhaps the best thing to do is to work out what your goals are, where you need the extra weight and what needs to be done to achieve them.
Best Weighted Clothing Options
The most popular way to add resistance to your workouts, they are commonly used by armed forces during training. Suitable for those wanting to increase their resistance while walking, jogging, running, sprinting, bodyweight exercises and just about anything you can imagine.
There are many different styles to choose from and consider. Some of the designs offer the ability to add or remove weights and others have set amounts inbuilt. The weights can be spread across the front and back or concentrated in one area.
If you are starting out or unsure of what to purchase then an adjustable one is the best way to go. This allows you to slowly build up your strength and add weight when you are ready.
Although there are many models the following are the three best-weighted vests.
- Weights workout equipment is perfect for cardio and weight training, increases the intensity and efficiency of your workout
- Aduro weighted vest adds extra resistance evenly to body weights, it will not slip and slide during any activities
- We designed Aduro weight vests for men, women or kids with an adjustable front belt and soft neoprene material for comfort
- Mesh pocket on the back of this workout equipment saves room for you to add extra weight pockets if needed
- Backed by Aduro Sport Lifetime Limited Warranty and friendly US customer service, buy this Weight Vest with confidence
The Aduro Sport is available up to 25 pounds, which is on the heavy side for this style vest.
- Unisex design
- Available in 4, 6, 12, 20, or 25 pounds
- Thick, padded shoulder straps
- 2-adjustable chest straps
- Reflective stripes on front and back
- Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
The Aduro Sport is an open-style vest, which has a weighted back and no front panel. The weighted portion is supported by thick, cushy shoulder straps that distribute the weight comfortably, without digging into any pressure points.
It’s available in five different sizes, ranging from 4 to 25 pounds. Whether you’re looking to give a slight boost to your cardio routine or load yourself up with a fairly heavy weight, this is a worthwhile choice.
Another thing we liked about this one is the reflective striping. It’s a common feature, but it’s still worth pointing out that the Aduro Sport can be used for night running as well as your ordinary daytime workout.
Be warned: while this vest is available in multiple sizes, it’s not adjustable. If you buy the 12-pound version, it’s going to weigh 12 pounds forever. That said, it comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty, which says a lot about the overall quality of construction.
- Weights Included. 10 x 4lbs Iron Ore weights
- Weights are adjustable in 4lbs Increments. Max weight is 40lbs
- One piece design with belt attached onto the vest for easy setup
- 13-Inch in width, One size fits all
- Manufacture warranty included
The Cross 101 is a best seller. Suitable for a range of applications including leg workouts, push-ups, squat jumps, walking and anything else you can think of!
- 10 x 4lbs Iron Ore weights included
- Adjustable in 4-pound increments
- Maximum 40 pounds
- One size
- Manufacturers warranty
- One-piece design – ease of use
- 13″ W x 15″ L
It is very compact and measures 15 inches in length from the collarbone down and 13 inches wide. This means you can wear it under your clothes if you don’t want it to be so obvious.
Adjustable in 4-pound increments this is great for those wanting to build strength. Being able to increase and decrease your weight is excellent especially when changing to different exercises. For example, your weight capacity for squats and lunges will differ from your weight-capacity for push-ups.
One size fits all, it has straps that allow you to tighten them as needed. The shoulder and neck area is not adjustable so for some smaller users particularly females you may find this part is too big. There is no concern with using it though as the velcro straps around the waist easily tighten.
The only thing you will need to consider is that the shoulders don’t have padding so if you are using this at maximum capacity you may want to consider purchasing the padded version.
A one-piece design really makes using this very simple. There are compartments in both the front and back. The weights themselves are actually sandbags, this is surprisingly good as the bags mold to your body easily. Each compartment pocket has a velcro top cover to keep it secure.
Overall the Cross 101 presents excellent value for money, it is a top seller and is adjustable in four-pound increments.
- Weights Included. 100lbs Total
- Weights can be removed.
- One size fits Most, manufacture warranty included.
- Shipped in multiple packages for transit safety.
- Shoulder pads included.
The RunFast can be purchased from 40 pounds right through to 140 pounds. The one pictured above is the 100-pound option.
- Options from 20 pounds to 140 pounds
- Velcro straps to secure to the body
- One size fits most
- One year manufacturers warranty
Adjustable choices are:
- 20 pounds
- 40 pounds
- 50 pounds
- 60 pounds
- 80 pounds
- 100 pounds
- 120 pounds
- 140 pounds
Whichever weighted option you purchase includes the weights to make it that capacity. For example, the 60-pound option includes the weights up to 60 pounds.
Another great thing is that there are empty pockets, meaning separate weights can be purchased and used if needed.
One size fits most with this product and there is the option for with or without shoulder pads. I highly recommend shoulder pads if you are getting one over 40 pounds.
It’s very versatile and has a two-band wrap around strap system that can be adjusted for different body types and users. The torso straps are wide but taper in nicely. Although they are velcro straps they are all high quality.
Made from ballistic nylon, its strong and dries well of any sweat. The product includes a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Overall the RunFast is a solid purchase for those wanting an adjustable option up to 140 pounds. Well made, it’s durable and designed to last, included is a one-year manufacturers warranty should anything go wrong.
RUNmax Runfast Pro
2 used from $34.46
- Weights come Included - weights can be added or removed at any time for any workouts
- Features - Phone pocket and water bottle holder included for your Convenience.
- Durability- Lifetime included. We stand behind our products so you can workout worry free.
- Shoulder pads option: the option to add extra shoulder comfort if needed.
- Equal weight distribution- with pockets located front and back of the vest, This vest will give you maximum comfort during all workouts without straining your back or shoulders.
The RUNmax Pro features a built-in phone pocket and water bottle holder, perfect for a long run where you’ll need hydration.
- Available in 12, 20, 40, 50, and 60 pounds
- One size fits all, adjustable fit
- Removable weights
- Even distribution
- Built-in phone pocket and water bottle holder
- Optional shoulder pads available
- Lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
The RUNmax Pro is a one size fits all that features a wide velcro band that wraps around your belly and back. Not only does this make it adjustable, it also keeps the vest very well secured, so it won’t flap around while you’re running.
It’s available in five different configurations, weighing from 12 to 60 pounds. The only difference is in how many weights are included. They can be removed or re-added. So you can convert a 60-pound vest to 40 pounds (and back), but you’ll need to purchase more to convert a 40-pounder to a 60 pounder.
The RUNmax comes with a lifetime manufacturer’s warranty, so you know the manufacturer is putting their money where their mouth is. It also distributes the weight evenly between the front and back, which makes it exceptionally comfortable during a long workout.
- CONSTRUCTION - Made with soft neoprene material for a comfortable feel
- VERSATILE - One size fits most Burn more calories, increase bone density, and increase intensity of workouts by wearing this weighted vest
- FEATURES - Adjustable front belt for snug fit Reflective strips for visibility in the dark
- FUNCTIONAL - Wear this vest for exercising, walking, distance running or speed, agility and quickness drills
- CHOICES - Available in blue and black
The Tone Fitness is exceptionally comfortable, with thick, padded shoulder straps that won’t dig into your skin.
- Unisex design
- Weighs 12 pounds
- Thick, comfortable padding
- Adjustable chest strap
- Reflective stripes on front and back
- Very breathable
- Available in blue or black
This is a unisex vest that distributes the weight across your back and shoulders. It leaves your chest free to breathe and allows full freedom of movement for your arms. Not only will this help you keep cool, but it also allows you to perform a wide variety of exercises with ease.
It also has reflective stripes on the shoulders and down the middle of your back, which makes it an ideal choice for predawn or night joggers. And thanks to the adjustable chest strap, it’s well-sized to fit virtually anybody. It’s also available in blue or black, so you have your choice of colors.
The Tone Fitness weighs only 12 pounds. It’s well-suited for cardio workouts, but if you’re trying to build strength you’ll most likely be better off with something heavier.
3 used from $36.04
- MiR 20Lbs Exercise Adjustable Weighted Vest
- 20-pound adjustable weighted vest for adding resistance to workout routines
- Contours and stays tight to your body regardless of the athletic activity
- Allows you to move and breathe freely; adjustable in 3/4-pound increments
- Helps you increase strength and speed, lose weight, and gain quickness and power
The ZFOsports distributes the weight across the front and back, for an exceptionally well-balanced fit.
- Unisex design
- Weighs 20 pounds
- Thick, comfortable waistband
- One size fits all sizing
- Phone pocket with headphone channel
- Comes in ¾-pound increments
The ZFOsports is one of the few unisex vests that’s also adjustable. That’s right, ladies. You don’t have to cram yourself into a man-shaped vest just to be able to customize your weight. It comes at 20 pounds, but can be adjusted down to 2 pounds if you remove all 24.
The weights themselves are relatively small and are arranged to allow the vest to flex as much as possible. Hence, it can fit a wide variety of body shapes. The waistband is also highly adjustable, as well as being wide and thick enough to keep the vest from flapping around while you work out.
Inside the waistband, you’ll find an internal pocket for your cell phone. At the outside of the pocket is a small rubber opening, which allows you to plug in a pair of headphones. You can jam to your favorite tunes, without the need to carry your phone on a belt clip.
- MOST COMFORTABLE highest quality fully adjustable metal weight vest includes 10 to 20 pounds of small thin steel weights flexible unlike plate carrier tactical vestzips on and off quickly for muscle building calorie burning workout at home or gym
- ADVANCED design based on Hyperwear patented technology hugs torso removing stress from shoulders and great for cardio training and weight loss with tiny 1/7 of one pound weights allowing total control so you can adjust to any weight 6, 8, 12, 16 etc
- THINNEST PROFILE with soft feel and comfort for a perfect athletic fit - the only workout vest that comes sized in small, medium, large and extra large for women, men and kids and can be invisible under a shirt with weighted vest weights inserts
- DURABLE Cordura nylon sleek black fabric keeps its shape with performance stretch, strong reflective YKK zipper, and colorful reflective orange elastic side laces for full fit adjustment creating an open mesh side to keep you feeling and looking cool
- BACKED by Hyperwear one year manufacturer warranty to original purchaser.
The Hyperwear is constructed from Cordura. Not only is it exceptionally comfortable, it’s tough enough to last a lifetime.
- Unisex design
- Available in 10, 15, or 20 pounds
- Available in 4 sizes
- Laced sides
- Comfortable, durable Cordura construction
- Durable, reinforced stitching
- YKK front zipper
- Can accept 10 additional pounds
The Hyperwear Elite is an upgraded version of Hyperwear’s classic Hyper Pro. While the original was nice, this one is awesome. It’s stitched from Cordura fabric, which is both durable and comfortable. The stitching is very well done, as well, with nylon reinforcement bands on all the major seams.
It comes weighted to 10, 15, or 20 pounds. However, Hyperwear sells extra packs that can be used to add an additional 10 pounds. Conversely, you can always remove some weight to get exactly the load you want.
This is a unisex vest with lots of adjustabilities. You can customize the side spacing by loosening or tightening the laces. And once you’ve got your fit, you can use the front zipper to take it on and put it off, so you don’t need to readjust every time you wear it.
- Solid iron weights - weights made to last a life time. Each weight Weights 3lbs and can be removed and added within seconds.
- Compact Fit - With the ability to carry up to 90lbs, MIR solid iron bars is less bulky. Vest measures 16" x 13" x 2" .
- Heavy Duty - With 1200-D Nylon used throughout the vest, it offers durability for all workouts and training
- Full Bodied - This vest offers equal weight distribution for users who like weights distributed throughout the body.
- Lifetime - covers any damages caused to the vest during workouts. Workout and never had to worry about the vest breaking down on you again.
The Mir is a pro-grade vest that can be loaded with up to 140 pounds.
- Men’s vest
- Available in 45, 60, 75, 90, 120, or 140 pounds (70, 80, or 90 pounds in short version)
- Adjustable in 3-pound increments
- Standalone-vest also available
- Optional phone pocket
- Thickly padded shoulder straps
- 2 chest straps
The Mir is one of the heaviest weight vests that money can buy. With up to 140 pounds of capacity, it’s ideal for intense strength training, HIIT, cross-training, and other high-intensity workouts. If you’re looking to gain as much muscle as possible, this is a solid choice.
Like most adjustable vests, the base model is identical no matter what you order. The only difference is how many weights come with it. That said, there’s a “short” version, which is limited to 90 pounds rather than 140 pounds, but is also significantly less bulky.
This is a one size fits all vest, with adjustment points on the shoulder and at two points on the chest. You can also add a phone pocket to your order.
8 used from $44.41
- Every items comes with weights included
- Weights can be removed in all models
- Shoulder pads options also available
The RUNFast/Max is available with thick, comfortable shoulder pads to eliminate pressure points.
- Available in 20, 40, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, or 140 pounds
- Optional shoulder pads
- Built-in water bottle holder
- Built-in cell phone pocket
- Wide waistband
The RUNFast/Max is available from 20 to 140 pounds. If you intend on using it at the highest weight, even if you’ll need to work up to it, you may as well order the heavier version. The weights cost more on their own than they do when they’re in a bundle.
This vest comes with some nice add-ons. Besides the shoulder pads, it also features a wide, comfortable waistband that can be adjusted to fit most people. In addition, it features a built-in cell phone pocket and water bottle holder, so you can easily carry everything you need for your workout.
Empower for Women
- Want To Look & Feel Empowered? It's never too late to sculpt a healthier, leaner body. Add our weighted vest to your low- and high-impact activities and take your fitness routine up a notch. Designed to specifically fit women’s curves, wear it during your morning run, walk, or cardio workouts to build your endurance and conquer your fitness goals.
- Adds Intensity & Resistance to Workouts: Feel the burn when you add our strength training weight vests to your workouts. Available in 2 sizes: fixed 8lbs or the adjustable 10 to 16lbs vest, increase the resistance to your CrossFit or walking exercises as you get stronger. Burn more calories during your workouts to melt away body fat while toning your body.
- Ergonomically Constructed To Fit Your Curves: Able to fit waist sizes 24 to 48 inches, our women’s weighted vest has a unique X-shape design that wraps comfortably around your chest and waist. It also evenly distributes weight across your upper body, alleviating your shoulders from bearing the load. Wear this adjustable weighted vest while doing chores around the house and burn more calories in less time.
- Comfort For All Fitness Levels: No matter your current level in the fitness journey, you deserve a comfortable weighted vest that won't dig into your shoulders and adjusts to fit your specific waist size. Designed from soft, stretchy neoprene fabric, our vests boast all the hallmarks of durability: padded shoulders, reflective safety strips, and adjustable side straps.
- Empower Is More Than A Name: Our products – designed by women for women – aim to help you achieve health & wellness whether you’re a fitness newbie or seasoned pro. Our innovative gear focuses on comfort, functionality, and performance. We empower women to feel and look powerful. Join our community of women and achieve a healthier mind, body, and soul. As an added bonus, we offer a free workout guide and additional streaming workouts online so you can get the most out of your workout time.
The Empower is built specifically to fit the female body.
- Designed specifically for women
- Available in 4, 8, or 16 pounds
- Flexible Lycra/spandex construction
- Adjustable side straps for a universal fit
- Built-in pockets for keys, credit cards, etc.
- Reflectors on shoulders for safe night running
The Empower for Women is a blessing to any ladies who are on the curvier side. With its X-shaped configuration, it conveniently avoids your bust, allowing for a comfortable fit even during an intense workout. The side straps are adjustable, which allows it to fit most body sizes.
Now, the downside of this design is that there aren’t many places to put weight. As a result, the max is 16 pounds. This makes the Empower a great choice for jogging, aerobics, and calisthenics, but for serious strength training.
The Empower has a couple of extra features that are worth taking a look at. The first is the small, built-in pocket on the side, which is designed for carrying your keys or credit card, although it’s too small for a phone. The second is the reflectors you’ll find on the front and back of the shoulders. These provide good visibility if you like to start running before dawn, or for night running after work.
A little more workout specific, weighted gloves can provide strengthening into your wrists and forearms. They are most commonly used by walkers, boxers, martial arts trainers, aerobic exercises, swimming, and MMX training.
Gloves have the weights on the back of the hands which keep your palms free for grabbing things, holding things and punching things.
They fit just as a normal glove does and are secured via a velcro strap that generally wraps around the wrist or back over itself.
There are a few different options for weighted-gloves so let’s take a look at the top two products.
- Left and right hand weighted gloves weight 1 pound each. They are easy to put on and take off while securing the gloves with an adjustable closure. These gloves have the perfect weight to add extra intensity to workouts without making you feel weighed down
- Adds resistance to your workouts and helps with hand speed, coordination as well as increased endurance. Strengthens and tones your arms and shoulders. You will feel the added intensity because your arms and shoulders will be getting a tremendous workout. Provides cushion and comfort
- Extremely comfortable without weighing you down during your routine of choice. Made of neoprene with a well balanced construction to cushion your hands. The weighted gloves stay fastened and do not slip while in use.
- Improves cardio and conditioning. Great for boxing, kickboxing, treadmill routines, brisk walks, and other cardiovascular activities. When traveling, these weighted gloves can easily be packed in your gym bag, carry on or luggage without worrying about extra weight or space. While in use they stay tight against your hands, so there's no moving around while throwing punches'''
- One size fits all. Recommended by therapists for post stroke therapy to help strengthen the weaker side that was affected by the stroke
The Nayoya Weighted-Gloves offer 1 pound on each hand, positioned on the back. Just enough to enhance your workout but not so much that it becomes a struggle.
- 1 pound per glove
- Easy to take on off
- Easily secure via a velcro strap
- Weight is on the back of the hand keeping your palms free
- Made from neoprene
- Comfortable to wear
The pair includes a glove for both the left and right hand, they are very easy to take on and off and secured with a velcro adjustable closure tab.
Made from neoprene the design is comfortable and offers cushioning on the hands. The gloves are a one size fits all design.
Due to the compact size these gloves fit just about anywhere so no need to worry too much about extra weight and space.
Weighted gloves are great for boxing, kickboxing, walking and running to name a few but also provide a workout to your arms and shoulders.
Overall the Nayoya’s are a great booster to your workout with an additional 1 pound per hand. Affordable, comfortable and made to last these weighted gloves are a great purchase.
Weighted sleeves can be used on either the forearms or the calves. Leg sleeves or calve sleeves offer extra resistance to the lower legs during walks, running, calisthenics and martial arts type training.
Arm sleeves are a great way to improve your arm strength and speed, typically used to improve arm mechanics for athletes such as baseball players, golfers, martial artists and sprinted. They offer a gentle amount of weight without overloading and injuring the shoulder and elbow joints.
Sleeves a generally made from a thin, expandable fabric that offers a snug fit. It is also favorable to choose an anti-bacterial fabric to avoid any skin irritations.
There are many different designs and weights range from 1 pound to 6-pounds. Securing the sleeves is fairly simple, they are tight-fitting but they can also have velcro straps to further secure them.
Body Togs for legs
- Will fit calf circumference of 16.5 - 18.5 inches.
- Burn more calories
- Tone muscles
- Unique no show design
- Make every move count.
Body Togs for Legs are weighted leg sleeves that are designed for everyday wear. The company was started in 2005 by a certified bariatric physician to help his patients burn calories, burn fat, tone muscle and improve their overall health.
- Each sleeve is 2.5-pounds
- Burns calories
- Tones muscles
- Available in 4 different sizes
Developed by a US board-certified obesity medicine specialist these leg sleeves are going to help you achieve your goals whether that be weight loss or muscle toning. Utilizing the science of non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT) can improve your overall health.
The leg sleeves are designed to fit comfortably and snugly around the calves with a low-profile design. This means you can wear them under clothes and they are not obvious.
Made from a lycra and spandex blend they are flexible and more with your body allowing for freedom of movement.
Each leg sleeve is 2.5-pounds offering a total of 5-pounds. Available in the following sizes:
- Small – calf circumference of 10.5 – 12.5 inches
- Medium – calf circumference of 12.5 – 16.5 inches
- Large – calf circumference of 16.5 – 18.5 inches
- X-large – calf circumference of 18.5 + inches
BodyTogs leg sleeves are a comfortable and snug fit, the low profile design makes it possible to wear under your clothes for everyday use.
1 used from $16.79
- WRIST WEIGHTS: Pair of wrist weights with removable weight segments that can adjust the arm weights from 1-1.5 Pounds (3lb Set - Two 1.5lb weights)
- SLIM-FIT DESIGN: Weights conform to body and can even be hidden away under long sleeves
- ADD RESISTANCE TO YOUR WORKOUTS: Wrist weights are great for women and men to add extra resistance to any workout activity such as walking, running and other cardio routines
- LIGHTWEIGHT & BREATHABLE: Slim fitting Nylon sleeve is lightweight and breathable for extra mobility and comfort
- SECURE FIT: Weights feature an adjustable closure for a tight fit on forearms 6.5 to 10 inches circumference
The Spri’s are unique, slim-fitting nylon sleeves that are comfortable to wear and conform to the body without limiting mobility and movement.
- Weighted arm sleeves
- Slim-fit design
- Breathable nylon sleeve
- Adjustable closure for a secure fit
Low-profile, the sleeves can easily be disguised under clothing for everyday wear. Included are removable weight segments that adjust from 1 to 1.5-pounds per arm.
Featuring velcro tabs at each end this allows the user to secure the weighted sleeve firmly in place. The sleeves are breathable which makes it possible to comfortably use for extended periods of time.
Great for adding a little extra resistance to your walks, runs and training sessions. The sizing runs quite small with these sleeves so be sure to check your sizing requirements before purchasing.
The Spri Arm Weights are a great way to add resistance training to your everyday activities. Low profile, these can be worn under clothing without being obvious.
Weighted Wrist/Ankle Weights
Wrist and ankle weights are interchangeable, so if you purchase some you can most definitely use them as wrist weights too. Easy to attach they are great for just about any application you can think of!
The majority of these weights are fixed via velcro straps which may not offer enough security for running or jogging, well at least not with the heavier weights. One also needs to take care if wanting to run with these on as knee injuries can result with the additional weight if you were to ‘land’ in the wrong spot.
- ANKLE / WRIST WEIGHTS: With included Carry Bag - by Premium Fitness Equipment brand Nordic Lifting™
- COMFORTABLE & DURABLE: Designed for comfort and durability with reinforced stitching and neoprene padding
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE & SAFE: Easily switch from ankle to wrist with a large Velcro pad - The weights even have a reflective trim which provides safety for outdoor use
- A "MUST HAVE": For home workouts, walking, jogging, core training, Cross Training, aerobics, gym and many other fitness workouts
- INCLUDED: 2x Ankle / Wrist Weights, 1x Carry Bag, Instructions Manual - With 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty for Defects
The Nordic Lifting is available in three different sizes 1-pound, 2-pounds, and 3-pounds as well as a convenient carry bag to store and transport them.
- Available in 1, 2, and 3-pounds
- Sand weighted
- Reflective trim for outdoor use
- Made from premium materials
- Comfortable and well-padded
- Large velcro pad for adjustability
- One year manufacturers warranty
They are comfortable and durable these weights have neoprene padding for comfort as well as reinforced stitching.
Fully adjustable via a large velcro pad, this allows for ease of switching between the ankles and wrists as well as between different users. One size fits most.
Sand weighted in either 1, 2 or 3-pounds they easily conform to the ankle/wrist and make it comfortable to use.
Highly rated the Nordic’s are a quality product manufactured by a reputable fitness brand. Included with the purchase are the two weights, carry bag, instruction manual and a one-year manufacturer warranty against defects.
Healthy Model Life Set
- ★ BEST IN QUALITY - Our remarkable cuffs are padded above the competition, keeping you focused on your form, and toning those glutes to perfection. These are Best In Class! Go on, compare us. No wonder our Ankle Weights are standard equipment for Victoria Secret Angels!
- ★ THE NEXT LEVEL - Increase resistance, and you increase your fitness gains! Weighted at 5lb, our Ankle Weights will offer a challenge for a more advanced level of your workouts! Combining unbeatable comfort with an enduring design, we help you get from zero to hero faster by adding just the right amount of resistance for your home gym routines!
- ★ EVERYWHERE YOU ARE - Whether it's a brisk jog on your lunch break, or a mean Pilates session on Saturday, PINC Active Ankle Weights are up to the task and easy to take with you. So, when you need a little extra challenge, we're here to make sure you're getting healthier and stronger!
- ★ SNUG AS A BUG - You don't have to worry about flipping as our sure stay grip keeps our weights perfectly positioned on your ankles without you having to endure the constant adjustments that some of the other cuffs need.
- ★ GUARANTEED - Buying online can be scary sometimes. That's why we've made sure your buying experience with PINC Active is as stress free as possible with a ONE YEAR REPLACEMENT OR REFUND GUARANTEE! It's up to you, but if you feel our product hasn't met your needs, just let us know, and we'll do whatever it takes to make it right!
The HealthyModelLife is available in 1, 5, and 8-pounds offering a fairly higher weight range than most.
- Available as 1, 5, and 8-pounds
- Extra padding for comfort
- Double stitching for durability
- Extra strong velcro
Designed with comfort and functionality in mind, these offer extra padding which means you can remain focused on form.
For those wanting more range then this set is a great option. They are affordable and very durable meaning they are designed to last. Double stitching further enhances this.
As the labeling goes these are targeted at women but many men have left positive reviews. The brand also promotes that these weights are used by Victoria Secret models.
Available as a one size fits all the weights come with a very large velcro patch which makes it easy to adjust to all different sizes as well as from ankle to wrist.
What’s more, is that the HealthyModelLife comes with a lifetime replacement or refund guarantee.
6 used from $20.68
- 5-lb pair (2.5-lbs each) ankle weights
- Weight adjustable up to 2.5-lbs per ankle in 1/4-lb increments - solid iron weights
- Padding against the ankle and a padded heel to protect the Achilles tendon
- Cushioned flaps protect the ankles and permit full freedom of movement
- Premium quality for fitness, health and wellness
The All Pro’s are adjustable, so you can work your way up to a full load.
- Weighs up to 2.5-pounds (5-pounds per pair)
- Adjustable in ¼-pound increments
- Comfortable, padded design
- Reinforced stitches
- Velcro fit
All Pro has a comfortable, padded inner liner. Not only does this keep your ankles from chafing, but there’s reinforced padding on top of your anklebone and around the Achilles tendon, providing extra protection where you need it most.
The really cool thing about these weights is how adjustable they are. Each one opens up to reveal ten ¼-pound iron weights. You can remove – or add – as many as you like. Start at a quarter-pound each, and you can work your way up to a full 2.5-pounds at your leisure.
The stitches at the top and bottom of these feature wide, nylon-reinforced stitches that are extra sturdy. The All-Pros can fit just about any ankle, with a wide, velcro strap that’s slightly flexible and forgiving.
And did we mention these weights are affordable? They’re a great value for the price and will last for years if they’re properly taken care of.
If you are unable to carry weight on the shoulders due to injury then a belt is a great way around this. Available in a range of weights the resistance on your hips makes it more manageable than concentrated on the upper body.
Consider the weight you would like and be sure to check how the belt fastens around the waist. For the heavier types of belts, you will need to ensure this is secure so it doesn’t slip off while in use.
- Weighted exercise belt
- Adjustable Velcro closures ensure a secure fit for waist sizes 30 inch to 46 inch
- Quickly add or remove weight without taking belt off
- Includes: belt and 10 1-pound flexible weights
- Exercise training aid for speed, agility, strength, power, running, football, basketball, baseball, soccer and all other athletic, fitness, weight, or cross training
The Power Systems VersaFit Belt is a fully adjustable weight belt that includes 10 one-pound weights allowing you to add to the belt as needed.
- Weighted exercise belt
- 10 1-pound flexible weights
- Comfortable and durable
Adjustable-weights of one pound can be added in increments making it great for building up your strength and adding to it as needed. The great thing is you don’t need to remove the belt to add the weights as they are all external pockets.
The velcro closure is adjustable and offers a secure fit for waist sizes 30inches to 46 inches which is a large variance.
Made from black nylon, there isn’t too much cushioning but it is comfortable to wear. In most cases, this would be worn over clothing so there shouldn’t be a problem.
Overall in terms of a weighted belt system, the Power Systems VersaFit Belt offers 10-pounds of weight in increments of 1 pound.
Why Use Weighted Clothing
If you’ve found your way to this article, chances are you already know the benefits! However, by adding weight to your body and thus providing resistance, muscle groups have the ability to work harder and become stronger.
While lifting weights is great there are many workouts that are bodyweight, agility movements or plyometric based which means you can’t really lug bug weights around. For these types of workouts, it can be very beneficial to wear weighted clothing to further enhance and challenge yourself.
If you’re looking to pump up the intensity of your workout, weighted clothing is a great way to do it. Simply put, adding weight adds resistance, which means your muscles need to work harder to make the same movements. As a result, you’ll build strength faster.
An added benefit of increased resistance is that your muscles will require more blood to get the job done. This means your heart will need to maintain a more powerful flow. So in addition to helping build muscle, weighted clothing is also an excellent choice for aerobic exercise. What a one-two punch!
Needless to say, all the fancy toys in the world aren’t going to do any good if your workout routine isn’t up to par. To get real results, you’ll need to stay disciplined and keep on hitting the gym. But having the right equipment never hurts. We hope we’ve helped you find just the gear you need!
Weighted clothing is a great way to enhance your workouts, complete rehabilitation exercises as well as for everyday wear to burn calories and tone the body.