Peloton was the first to bring the studio cycling experience into the home. Peloton created a very popular product, but in the last few of years, we have seen several competitors come to market. Stryde is the new entrant in the category, and, in our opinion, truly stands out.
Stryde top-spec bike comes with a 22-inch Android tablet where you can access an optional Stryde app with monthly subscription priced at $29.99. If you subscribe to the app, you get access to over a hundred on-demand workouts from some of the best cycling studios in the country, with more added on a regular basis.
Stryde Spin Bike Review
Key Bike Features
The makers of the Stryde bike have put a lot of thought and engineering into their product, and it shows in many ways. Just check out the way the bike is made:
- Design: The first thing that stands out about the Stryde bike is the design. It looks fast and sleek, inviting you to hop on for a ride. Nobody is motivated to use a bulky machine that seems incumbering. And nobody wants to have an eyesore in their living room. This bike is small and compact, taking up only 4 feet by 2 feet.
- Seat: Let’s face it, bike seats can be uncomfortable, but Stryde’s cushioned sports seat is not one of them. You can adjust the seat level to meet your height and leg length. Having a bike that adjusts to fit your body is crucial for a good workout experience.
- Handlebars: The handlebars are more than just twisted metal tubes. They have indentations at the top for a better grip during your workout when your hands get sweaty. You can adjust the height for your comfort level.
- Build: Even though the design is sleek, the bike’s construction feels incredibly solid. The frame is welded steel coated in beautiful matte paint. You won’t have to worry about weak parts or broken plastic pieces with this bike – it’s built to last. The bike can accommodate users up to 350lbs, so it’s safe for even heavier users. Altogether with the tablet it weighs around 135 lbs, and it has wheels that help you move it around.
- Flywheel: The magnetic resistance system makes no noise and glides smoothly, with even pedaling feel. You can adjust the resistance levels by turning a knob.
- Pedals: The pedals come equipped with SPD clips and toe cages, which will work fine with any tennis shoes but are meant to be used with cycling shoes that clip into the bottom of the pedal for a secure footing.
- Accessories: Stryde’s bike comes standard with a few little extras. Near the handlebars, there is a rack designed to hold a water bottle so you can hydrate mid-workout. The back of the seat comes with a rack to hold small weights.
- The Tablet: The tablet screen on Stryde’s bike is bright and vibrant, so you don’t have to squint to see the tablet even in the middle of the day with the sun shining. The tablet is lighting fast, which makes sense given the specs. This 21.5” 1080 HD touchscreen tablet is state of the art. The tablet has 16 Gb of storage and a quad-core processor.
Boutique cycling studios are increasingly popular, and it’s no surprise why. Energetic coaches and heart-pumping music push you to give it your all. You just couldn’t get this experience cycling on your own. If you are looking for a machine that delivers classes that will help you get out of your comfort zone, Stryde will certainly do it!
With the Stryde app, you have access to classes from five different studios, and multiple instructors within each studio, giving you palpable variety. We found the coaches to be incredibly motivating, fun, and personable, with a wide range of workout types. You can enjoy workouts from classic rhythm rides to movement rich dance on the bike workouts. Even the music comes in a wide range of genres. So there’s something for everyone.
During your class, you can see the RPM and 1 to 100 resistance metrics from the bike overlayed on the screen. You’ll also get to see how many calories you are burning so that you can imagine the fat melting off your body. This display helps you to stay on target during your workout. If you see your RPMs start to slack off, you can pick up the pace. If you’re the competitive type, you can also check out the leaderboard for the class you just completed and see how well you did compared to others who completed the class.
The workout history is all recorded in your user profile history. You can add up to four profiles, which means multiple members of the household can use the app and have an individualized experience. It helps to look back and see how you were doing when you started and how you are doing now. Progress is a big motivating force!
Another positive of the Stryde bike is that you don’t have to be subscribed to use the tablet. On the built-in browser, you can watch your favorite streaming service or even other fitness apps.
Stryde gives you two delivery options on its website: self-assembly and white-glove delivery and install.
With self-assembly, you will receive two separate boxes, one with a tablet, another one with the bike. The installation is not complex, and the entire process takes less than an hour. As with other cycling bikes, it is better to do it with two people.
If you are horrible at putting things together, it might be a good idea to pay a little extra for the delivery and install services.
This bike comes with a one-year limited warranty for all the components. The tablet and moving bike parts are covered under this warranty as well as any labor that must be done to fix these parts.
The frame is covered for a full 5-year warranty.
The Stryde bike comes with a manual that explains how to care for your bike. If you follow the instructions, you should have a bike that works great for years to come.
Stryde has built a high-quality spin bike that stacks up well with the other high-end bikes on the market. But the real star of the show are the classes on the app. Instructors are fun and dynamic, and their individual styles shine. Overall, the ride is very enjoyable, whether you are working out with Stryde’s instructors, or are using the app to catch up on your favorite TV shows while getting in a nice smooth ride.
Stryde has done an impressive job creating a very high quality bike, and, at an attractive price point, the bike is a great buy. So how does it compare to the Peloton spin bike? To be quite honest, we think Stryde offer much better value for money!
An all in one spin bike with built in spin classes, the Stryde bike has everything you need an more! A much more affordable option than Peloton this bike is well worth the money