Treadmills meant for home use are usually much smaller and have fewer features than commercial treadmills. That can often result in a less enjoyable workout. The Sole F63 treadmill bucks this trend. Despite being a compact machine designed for home use, it offers many of the features usually only found on bigger, more expensive machines.
If you are looking for a good quality but budget-friendly treadmill that doesn’t skimp on features, the Sole F63 treadmill is worthy of your consideration.
Sole F63 Treadmill Review
Sole F63 Treadmill
- The F63 treadmill has been reviewed as "Simply the best quality treadmill in its price range" by numerous consumer resources and magazines.
- SOLE builds quality treadmills using the best components and even at a lower price, the F63 is no exception. The strong, 3.0 HP motor delivers challenging speeds up to 12 mph and inclines up to 15 levels. When not in use, the treadmill deck locks into place. Run up to six preset programs, including cardio training and fat-burning programs.
- The F63 features cooling fans, as well as speed and incline controls on the arm rests.The treadmill console is user-friendly. The display information includes Speed, Incline, Time, Distance Traveled, Calories, Pulse and Pace. There is a 1/4 mile track feature and a Peak and Valley graph for different programs. The console has built-in speakers that allow you to play music from your media device.
- The F63 now includes an integrated tablet holder so you can use your smart devices to watch shows or follow workout routines. Also included is a USB port for charging and Bluetooth Audio Speakers so you can listen to music.
- The Engineering team at SOLE is concerned with a basic design and an emphasis on durable made treadmills. With the market expecting a quality made folding product, a stable base and a quiet machine, SOLE works to achieve and meet these consumer demands.
When it comes to features, the Sole F63 treadmill has lots to offer. While some of these features may seem unimportant, they add up to make this one of the best mid-price treadmills around.
- Three horsepower motor – this is quite a large motor for a home use treadmill and gives the Sole F63 an impressive top speed of 12 mph.
- 0-15% incline – a 15% incline is pretty steep. Where most home use treadmills max out at 10%, the Sole F63 treadmill will keep you climbing higher and higher to deliver a much more intense workout.
- Folding design – treadmills are big items of exercise kit, taking up a lot of space in your home. The Sole F63 treadmill is foldable so that the running deck can be stored in an upright, space-saving position. Folding is assisted by a hydraulic piston, so you don’t have to be super-strong to put your treadmill into storage.
- Cushion Flex running deck – running is a high impact activity, and that can take its toll on your joints. The Sole F63 treadmill has a shock-absorbing Cushion Flex running deck, which, according to the manufacturer, reduces impact by as much as 40% compared to running on concrete.
- 2-ply running belt – the Sole F63 treadmill has a commercial quality 2-ply running belt fitted as standard. This means it should be much longer-lasting and won’t fray or shred like cheaper, thinner belts are prone to do.
- 6.5” LCD display screen – backlit and easy to read, this LED screen displays all your workout information, including speed, calories, and workout duration.
- Heart rate sensor hand grips – check your heart rate quickly and easily by holding the sensor hand grips.
- Bluetooth telemetry – link your chest strap heart rate monitor, your MP3 player, or your phone to your Sole F63 treadmill. This function also allows you to log your workouts using several fitness sites, including iHealth, MapMyRun, Record, MyFitnessPal, and Fitbit.
- USB ports – providing another way to connect your smart devices to your treadmill.
- Tablet holder – if you like to watch movies or TV shows when you work out, you’ll probably appreciate the conveniently-located tablet shelf.
- Water bottle holders – running can be thirsty work. Keep water on hand in these handy bottle holders.
- Accessory shelf – a convenient place to leave your sweat towel and anything else you want to keep close to hand.
- Built-in cooling fan – this feature will help keep you cool and comfortable while you run.
- Headphone jack – connect your headphones directly to your treadmill.
- Built-in speakers – skip the headphones and listen to your favorite music while you work out.
- Sole Fitness App subscription – where most treadmill manufacturers offer an optional paid app, Sole Fitness app subscription is free. Once downloaded, this app allows you to control your treadmill from your device and also tracks any outdoor runs you might do.
- Pre-programed workouts – the Sole F63 treadmill has 10 different workout programs to choose from.
The Sole F63 is a compact treadmill that should fit most homes. However, it is important to make sure that you have enough space for this machine because, even though it’s a small machine, it will still require more space than a spin bike or stepper. It’s also pretty heavy, and you may need help getting it into place. However, once assembled, it can be rolled on the fitted casters quite easily.
- Footprint in use: 35” (width) x 82” (length) x 57” (height)
- Running area: 20” (width) x 60” (length)
- Weight: 280 lb.
- Maximum user weight: 350 lb.
The first thing you’ll notice about the Sole F63 treadmill is the large, well-designed front console. Each button is clearly marked and positioned thoughtfully for easy access. Next, you’ll see that there is a cubbyhole for everything you are likely to need during your workout, from your phone to your tablet to two water bottles.
The treadmill itself has a very modern look, with a black frame, silver trim, and red accents. This is a good-looking machine! The 6.5” display screen might not be the biggest around, but it’s bright, clear, and easy to read.
Finally, the Sole F63 treadmill looks and feels solid. It’s built on a sturdy steel frame and is long and wide enough to run on it comfortably without feeling hemmed in or restricted.
The Sole F63 treadmill’s computer is quite simple, but still has all the functions you’ll need for a great workout. The 6.5” screen displays:
- Elapsed workout time
- Distance covered
- Current speed
- Pace per mile
- Current incline
- Calories burned
- ¼ mile track progress meter
In addition, there is a graphic representation of your speed and incline so you can see where you are on your current workout.
Speaking of workouts, the Sole F63 treadmill has 10 preprogrammed workouts. They are:
- Fat burn
- Heart rate 1
- Heart rate 2
- Custom 1
- Custom 2
Ease of Use
The Sole F63 treadmill is very user-friendly and easy to use. Most of the important functions can be accessed with a single button push. All of the controls are within easy reach on the forward console, and there are additional controls on the side handrails.
The three-horsepower motor means this treadmill provides a smooth walking, jogging, or running action, although users report that it accelerates quite slowly.
The Cushion Flex running deck makes for a very comfortable running experience, while the fans will help stop you overheating. While there is no built-in media or entertainment package, you can easily use your own tablet, smartphone, or MP3 player to keep you entertained while you work out.
The Sole F63 treadmill requires some assembly before use. Tools are not supplied. Users report that the assembly process is relatively straight forward but can be time-consuming. Because of the weight of some of the components, you may need help putting this treadmill together.
As you’d expect from a reputable treadmill manufacturer like Sole, the F63 is made to last. Materials and workmanship are of the highest quality. However, in the unlikely event of a breakdown, it’s good to know the Sole F63 treadmill has the following warranty coverage:
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts & Electronics: 3 Years
- Labor: 1 Year
- Return Policy: Sole Fitness cardio trainers are sold with 30-day money-back guarantees.
The Sole F63 treadmill is a solid mid-price performer that is ideal for home use. It’s not the most advanced treadmill on the market, but it has everything you need to walk, jog, or run at home. The three-horsepower motor means it’s fast enough for most users, and the 15% incline is steep enough for all but the hardiest hillwalker.
While the onboard computer is pretty basic, Bluetooth connectivity means that you should have no problem keeping yourself entertained while you work out, either with music or video. As an added bonus, you can subscribe for free to Sole Fit, and use the app to control your treadmill as well as track your outdoor workouts.
The built-in fans and the Comfort Flex running deck will ensure that your workouts are comfortable and enjoyable.
Backed by some impressive warranties, the Sole F63 treadmill should provide years of faithful service and, when not in use, can be easily folded away for storage. For the price, this compact treadmill is tough to beat.
For more options head over to our detailed treadmill reviews here!
The Sole F63 is a great entry-level treadmill packed with many features.