Table of Contents
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike Review
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is an incredibly popular, well designed recumbent bike with many great features. The following post will be a thorough review of the Schwinn 270 highlighting the key features, pros and cons and general thoughts of the recumbent bike.
Recumbent bikes are increasing in popularity. They are a lot more comfortable than spin bikes or upright bikes which appeals to many users who want to get fit in a comfortable manner. Don’t underestimate a recumbent bikes ability to give a solid workout! This bike is packed full of many great features so lets take a closer look.back to menu ↑
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals
- 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 25 levels of resistance aligned with a high speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet
- Charging USB port and data exchange.Maximum user weight: 300 lbs
- 29 pre programmed workouts to choose from
- Two backlit Dual Track LCD displays showing up to 13 different display feedbacks
- USB can transfer data from your workout
- 25 levels of resistance
- Perimeter weighted flywheel for smoothness and quiet use
- 1 single, strong frame
- Ergonomically positioned handles included pulse sensors for Heart Rate information
- 3 speed fan
- Water bottle holder
- Transport wheels
- Aluminum slider seat rail system
- Lever to adjust seat
- Padded seat bottom and contoured area of legs
- Vented back rest for comfort
The 29 pre programs include (12 profile; 9 heart rate control (4 Beginner; 4 Advanced; 1 Custom); 4 custom user defined; 2 fitness tests (1 Beginner; 1 Advanced); 1 recovery test; 1 quick start).
LCD displays time, distance and calories goal which can be tracked with USB data transfer and connect via the MyFitnessPal application.
Built to last the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is durable and strong. The frame is one piece which provides stability making the user feel safe and secure.
There are 3 levers included, 2 under the rear seat and one in the middle of the frame which also contribute to the overall balance of the recumbent bike.back to menu ↑
Included with the purchase is a 10 year warranty on the frame, 2 years on mechanical parts, 1 year for electrical and 90 days on the labor.back to menu ↑
This bike is recommended for use by those who are in the height range 4ft 11 in and 6 ft 3 in. If you are outside of that range then please do try the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike to ensure it is a good fit.
The seat can be adjusted between 19 in and 22.5in from the floor and it is very easy to adjust this. Underneath the seat is a lever which when pushed on releases the seat, it is recommended you are not seated in the seat when adjusting. Once you find the right position simply lock the lever back into position.back to menu ↑
Featuring 25 levels of resistance the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike uses magnetic resistance. The machine is quiet and incredibly smooth to use.
To control the resistance level simply use the 10 jump buttons on the console. By moving the resistance up and down the magnets move closer or further away from the flywheel and thus increase or decrease the resistance.back to menu ↑
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is an incredibly popular, well designed recumbent bike with many great features.
- 25 Levels of magnetic resistance, easily adjusted on the console
- 29 pre programmed workouts
- Dual LCD console to track workout progress
- Ability to upload workouts to Schwinn fitness account and MyFitnessPal to track progress
- Can set up 4 individual profiles for tracking workouts
- Easy to assemble
- Transport wheels
- Easy to adjust
- Caters for people from 4ft 11 in and 6 ft 3 in in height
- Compatible with a heat rate strap
- Relatively small footprint
- Good warranty
- Solid, sturdy, stable recumbent bike
- Pulse sensors can be inaccurate from time to time - better to use with a heart rate strap
- Needs to be plugged into a power source at all times for use
- No bluetooth or wifi
- 3 settings on the fan still aren't enough for some users
- Full user manual can only be found online
Overall the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike presents great value for money and is hard to overlook. It is fantastic for those who need a low impact yet comfortable and challenging workout. The recumbent bike can be used by those of all fitness levels and the resistance is easily controlled. The adjustability makes this bike very appealing as the whole family can use the machine. The only real negative response is that the pulse sensors can provide inaccuracies from time to time. Check out our comparison of recumbent bikes here.