Table of Contents
Schwinn 270 Recumbent Exercise Bike Review
The Schwinn 270 exercise bike is an incredibly popular, well designed recumbent bike with many great features.
The following post will be a thorough review of the Schwinn 270 highlighting the key features, pros, and cons and general thoughts of the recumbent bike.
Recumbent exercise bikes are increasing in popularity. They are a lot more comfortable than spin bikes or upright bikes which appeals to many users who want to get fit easily.
Don’t underestimate a recumbent bike’s ability to give a solid workout! This bike is packed full of many great features so let’s take a closer look.back to menu ↑
$566.43 in stock
5 used from $521.12
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking
- Sync with free downloadable RideSocial App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real time
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start. Plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC input; 1.5A output. 90-240V, 50-60Hz adapter included
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts
- 29 pre-programmed workouts to choose from
- Two backlit Dual Track LCDs showing up to 13 different display feedbacks
- USB can transfer data from your workout
- 25 levels of resistance
- Perimeter weighted flywheel for smoothness and quiet use
- 1 single, strong frame
- Ergonomically positioned handles included pulse sensors for Heart Rate information
- 3-speed fan
- Water bottle holder
- Transport wheels
- Aluminum slider seat rail system
- Lever to adjust the seat
- Padded seat bottom and contoured area of legs
- Vented backrest for comfort
The 29 pre-programs include (12 profile; 9 heart rate control (4 Beginner; 4 Advanced; 1 Custom); 4 custom user-defined; 2 fitness tests (1 Beginner; 1 Advanced); 1 recovery test; 1 quick start).
LCDs time, distance and calories goal which can be tracked with USB data transfer and connect via the MyFitnessPal application.
Built to last the Schwinn 270 is durable and strong. The frame is one piece that provides stability making the user feel safe and secure.
There are 3 levers included, 2 under the rear seat and one in the middle of the frame which also contributes to the overall balance of the recumbent bike.back to menu ↑
Included with the purchase is a 10-year warranty on the frame, 2 years on mechanical parts, 1 year for electrical and 90 days on the labor.back to menu ↑
This bike is recommended for use by those who are in the height range 4ft 11 in and 6 ft 3 in. If you are outside of that range then please do try the Schwinn 270 to ensure it is a good fit.
The seat can be adjusted between 19 in and 22.5in from the floor and it is very easy to adjust this.
Underneath the seat is a lever which when pushed on releases the seat, it is recommended you are not seated in the seat when adjusting.
Once you find the right position simply lock the lever back into position.back to menu ↑
Featuring 25 levels the Schwinn 270 uses magnetic resistance. The machine is quiet and incredibly smooth to use.
To control the level simply use the 10 jump buttons on the console.
By moving the resistance up and down the magnets move closer or further away from the flywheel and thus increase or decrease the resistance.back to menu ↑
The Schwinn 270 measures 50 in H x 27 in W x 64 in L and has a total weight of 86.6 pounds. Maximum user weight is 300 pounds.
The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is an incredibly popular, well designed recumbent bike with many great features.
- 25 Levels of magnetic-resistance, easily adjusted on the console
- 29 pre-programmed workouts
- Dual LCD console to track workout progress
- Ability to upload workouts to Schwinn fitness account and MyFitnessPal to track progress
- Can set up 4 individual profiles for tracking workouts
- Easy to assemble
- Transport wheels
- Easy to adjust
- Caters for people from 4ft 11 in and 6 ft 3 in in height
- Compatible with a heat rate strap
- Relatively small footprint
- Good warranty
- Solid, sturdy, stable recumbent bike
- Pulse sensors can be inaccurate from time to time - better to use with a heart rate strap
- Needs to be plugged into a power source at all times for use
- No bluetooth or wifi
- 3 settings on the fan still aren't enough for some users
- Full user manual can only be found online
Overall the Schwinn 270 presents great value for money and is hard to overlook. It is fantastic for those who need a low impact yet comfortable and challenging workout. The recumbent bike can be used by those of all fitness levels and the resistance is easily controlled.
The adjustability makes this bike very appealing as the whole family can use the machine. The only real negative response is that the pulse sensors can provide inaccuracies from time to time. Check out our comparison of recumbent bikes here.