A home workout should equally be as productive as the gym sessions. But, for you to gain all the benefits of a gym setup, you need several pieces of equipment. This does not mean you cannot reach your fitness goals without certain machines. But, for long-term and sustainable results, there is a need for the equipment. One of these is a leg press. How do you choose the right one for your home workout?
A leg-press comes in handy to develop the strength of the thigh muscles. With heavyweights, you can progress to managing a massive load for effective leg exercises. There are different styles of machines. Some are integrated into full-body while some come as single-function ones. The selection depends on your overall fitness needs and the suitability for your personal gym.
When it comes to gaining muscle in the legs the leg press is a relatively safe and secure method to use. They can rapidly help develop your quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteal muscles as well as the calves.
Through foot placement, different muscles can be activated and worked. By walking your feet up you will work the hamstrings and gluteal muscles more. If you walk the feet down your quadriceps will be working more.
Let us examine the muscles that a leg press will target. When pressing or extending the quadriceps or the muscle in the front of your thigh engage.
This includes the rectus femoris, vastus medialis, vastus lateralis and vastus intermedius.
When you bend your knees and contract the hamstrings begin to work and include your biceps femoris, semitendinosus, and semimembranosus.
In addition to the hamstrings the gluteal muscles which include the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus also assist in the bending of your knees.
Like every workout machine be sure you are familiar and trained in how to use it properly. Leg presses have a safety catch which means you can easily stop the machine from moving back if your legs fail.
For this reason, they can be much safer than say free squats if you don’t have the strength just yet.
The safety feature also allows you to push your legs to the limit with maximum weight until failure without having to worry yourself or potentially hurt yourself.
Another safety disclaimer. This is applicable to all our reviews, be sure to warm up adequately before lifting anything!
Best Squat Machines
- DESIGN: Quad track roller system operates smoothly and distributes weight evenly
- FEATURES: Back pads utilize a quick flip-and-lock mechanism
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Heavy-duty 2 in x 4 in 11 gauge steel mainframe minimizes torsional flex for maximum strength and stability
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: 1,000 lb weight capacity
- DIMENSIONS: 83 in x 34 in x 56 in (L x W x H)
The Body Solid is very popular and has many great features making it so. While it would be ok for gym or commercial use it is predominantly used at home.
- Roller system uses a quad track system
- Three safety lock positions available
- Maximum 1,000 pounds.
- Plate load system is easy to access
- Foot-plate platform has an extra heavy gauge
- Adjustable back pads
- Mainframe made from 11 gauge steel for durability
- Back and shoulder pads made from DuraFirm material
The DuraFirm material is comfortable to use – it is 10cm thick and double stitched.
The frame of the Body Solid is extra heavy-duty with 2″x 4″ and an 11gauge steel frame. The frame has been designed to minimize torsional flex.
The dimensions are 210L x 88W x 142H which is pretty large but this is a solid piece of equipment. Designed to be set up and more or less stay in one position.
- Comfortable to use
- Well built
- 3 safety locks
- Quad roller systems
- Difficult to assemble
As an entry-level piece of equipment the Body Solid is a popular choice. If you are looking for something that you find in the gyms then I would suggest a different machine. If you are looking for a basic leg press that you can use with ease then this is a good choice.
- Adjustable shoulder pads allow for a wide range of user heights. This also allows us to make the machine smaller than most
- Fully adjustable foot plate for any desired angle
- Foot plate also folds out of the way for Hack Squats
- Industrial grade linear bearings. Plastic wheels tend to flatten over time. Linear bearings never flatten, or wear out
- Lifetime warranty
The BodyCraft F660 has been designed to endure the toughest workouts. Built with heavy gauge steel and industrial grade linear bearings this machine is sturdy.
- Adjustable shoulder pads
- Adjustable upper and lower footplates
- Footplates fold all the way out for hacks
- Includes Calf block for standing calves
- Heavy-duty 1,000 lb.
- Industrial grade bearings
- Relatively compact housing
A great feature of the BodyCraft F660 is the footprint – 39 by 79 by 50 inches (W x H x D).
The industrial-grade materials used with this machine make it stand out above the rest, it can be used for commercial purposes and also for the home gym.
The adjustability of this machine makes it possible for all users and one can complete a variety of workouts, calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes through the adjustment of foot platform.
- Fully adjustable
- Industrial grade bearings
- 11 gauge steel frame
- 1,000lb load
The BodyCraft F660 comes with great customer feedback, we are yet to hear of any negatives associated with it. If your budget allows, you won’t be disappointed with this purchase.
- Dimensions: 59" L x 27.5" W x 48" H
- Max. Weight capacity: 250 pounds
- Cushion material: Foam
- Cable-and-pulley system allows for greater versatility and an expanded range of motion
The Weider Ultimate works using body-weight as resistance meaning workouts are not only limited to legs. In fact, you can do over 50 different types of exercises.
- 4 power bands and a cable pulley system for resistance
- Bodyweight workouts
- Adjustable bench
- Easy to fold away and store
- Relatively small footprint
- 90-day warranty on parts and labor
The Weider Ultimate has been designed to easily fold down and store when not in use. Assembled the dimensions are 71″ x 26.5″ x 49.5″.
This machine is great for those looking to get into a routine, tone and build muscle without having to use weights.
Hard to resist purchasing this with such a low cost and affordability!
- Very affordable
- Range of workouts you can do
- Easy to move and store
- Includes an exercise guide
- Not weighted
- Comes with a California Prop 65 chemical warning
- Handles are a bit uncomfortable
- Difficult to set up
Overall the Weider Ultimate Body Works is a very popular piece of equipment with many satisfied customers. If you are looking for a workout machine without the hefty price tag then consider this option.
- Mounted on heavy duty eight rollers. - Finished in SILVER GREY
- Extra wide steel deck foot plate.
- Deluxe 3" thick stitched padding.
- Heavy duty safety stoppers.
- Great to delvelop Quadriceps, strengthen Hamstrings, Glutes and Calf Raise
The Premier Vertical is heavy-duty and built to handle standard and Olympic sized plates. While a vertical leg press isn’t for everyone, read on to see if you find it suitable for your needs.
- Sturdy design
- Heavy-duty steel construction
- Mounted on 8 heavy-duty rollers
- 1 safety catch
- Relatively easy to put together~2hrs
- Small footprint
- Extra-wide steel deck footplate
- 3″ thick stitched padding
The Premier Vertical is a sturdy, steel tube construction. Assembled it is 49″W x 47″D x 75″H and weighs 200 lbs.
Near commercial quality, the backrest is well padded and comfortable to use. Smooth to use- don’t over tighten the bolts as it can become sticky and a bit jerky.
The safety catches and the weight carriage works well together to provide a smooth yet stable leg workout.
- 1000 lb load limit
- Heavy-duty, sturdy design
- Extra-wide foot-plate
- Assembly instructions a bit vague
If you want a vertical leg press, the Premier Vertical is it. With a life-time warranty, the buyer has peace of mind with any issues that may come up.
- Comfortable Back Support and Head Rest to Reduce Neck Strain
- Narrow Design — good where Space is at a Premium
- Accepts Standard or Olympic Plates
- Lifetime Warranty
The Yukon is one of the cheaper models on the market yet still has some great features.
- Small footprint
- Accepts all sized plates
- Maximum 600lbs
- Angled back support and head cradle
- Chromed sliders for smooth operability
- Three-position lock
- Nonslip footplate
- Life-time warranty
While the maximum capacity of the Yukon is 600lbs and much lower than the previous machines you will find for a vertical press, 600lb is more than enough.
Product dimensions are 68″H x 40″W x 43″ and it is manufactured with heavy 12 gauge 2″ x 2″ steel tubing. It is quite narrow which makes it easy to store.
- Standard and Olympic sized plates
- Comfortable to use
- Lifetime warranty
- Not as sturdy as other designs
If you don’t have the budget but want a vertical machine the Yukon is the answer.
Powerline by Body-Solid Home Gym
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL: The Powerline Home Gym with Leg Press P2LPX complete gym from Body-Solid is a comprehensive home workout machine for total-body training with an added leg press
- SIX STATIONS: This fitness equipment provides six workout stations, including multi-press arms, lat pull-down ab crunch, functional pulleys, leg extension/leg curl and seated row
- WEIGHT STACK: The home gym comes with a standard 160-pound alloy weight stack
- ADJUSTABLE: Ideal for a total body workout in small compact spaces, and features a single adjustable seat with a two-way adjustable back pad
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 71 by 66 by 83 inches (L x W x H) and weighs 483. 5 pounds. Ships in 7 boxes
As much as building leg muscle strength is essential, it is crucial to focus on total body strength. This home gym from Powerline is ideal for unlimited exercise at the comfort of your house.
- 210lbs stack
- Multiple functions
- Steel construction
- Fixed pulleys
It’s multi-functional and will help you reach your fitness goals not only for your legs but for the entire body. The design allows different sizes of users and works well by providing different motions. It is engineered for total body workouts and gives you the freedom to structure workouts based on your needs.
It has low, mid and high pulleys which give you the opportunity to enjoy a variety of exercises. The leg press is integrated into this multi-gym and is useful with any weights that you choose. It has comfortable pads on the back pad and headrest for comfort as you work out. One of its greatest features is that it also incorporates arm presses which are essential for building muscle strength.
It has a 160lb stack included. For more resistance and strength training, you can add to 210lbs for an effective workout. It has an intricate design and might need quite some time to put together. But, with the instruction manual, you can follow the step-by-step guide to install each part. It is versatile, and you can use it to reach your goals.
- Solid construction
- Multiple exercises
- Suitable for beginners
- Highly flexible
- Tedious to assemble
This gym by Powerline is ideal for people looking for multiple-function equipment. Although it can be a challenge to put together, it is highly functional and practical for different routines.
- Body-Solid In-Home , Everything is Covered Forever
- 160 Pound Weight Stack, upgradable to 210 Pounds
- Press Arm, High Pulley, Mid Pulley, Low Pulley, Leg Developer
- Includes Let Bar, Low Row Bar, Abdominal Harness
- Optional Leg Press Available
If you need a machine that provides essential exercise, then this one from Fitness Factory is an ideal option. It has integrated mini-machines which work for total body exercises.
- 160lbs weight included
- Padded back pads
- Steel construction
It includes an ergonomic press arm, an upper, mid and a lower pulley. It also includes a fully functional leg press for your leg muscles strength-building exercises. With this machine, you can work out every muscle of your body or choose to focus on the individual parts. It is highly effective for multiple uses and suits people looking for a multiple function machine.
Made of steel, it has a quality finish to prolong the lifespan of the frame. It has a broad base, and that adds on to the stability of the machine for multiple exercises. The back pads, headrests, and footrests are cushioned to ensure you are comfortable in any of the exercise your choice. The handlebars work well with arm exercises to ensure you have the balance.
It has stable feet with anti-slip pads. These ensure the machine has a soft landing on the ground and prevent damage on the floor surface. This feature gives it an upper hand for use at home regardless of the kind of floors you have. It comes with 160lbs stack of iron plates for lifting exercises.
- Solid and sturdy construction
- Smooth operation
- Multiple functions
- Takes time to install
This multi-gym is an ideal choice for basic exercise. It works in multiple modes and has an efficient leg press. It is recommended for its robust and high-quality construction.
Powerline by Body-Solid Vertical
- Vertical leg press that effectively isolates your lower body muscles
- Dual-adjustable 1/2-inch locking pins; 3 starting and stopping positions
- Extra-thick back pad and contoured head and neck pad
- Durable alloy steel frame with tough powder-coated finish
- 400-pound capacity; weights, adapter sleeves, and collars not included
If you are looking for a vertical leg press machine for a more challenging workout, then this Powerline one will deliver that. It is built to provide the right support and still challenge you to work out your leg muscles.
- 3 diameter weight posts
- Steel and nylon construction
- Dual adjustable locking pins
- Max user weight: 400lbs
It is made of a heavy-duty steel frame and nylon bushings for smooth operation. It works well to isolate the lower leg muscles by providing a more challenging workout as you push up.
The vertical design provides support for your hips and back for a comfortable position as you work out. Also, the design makes it useful in tight spaces for workout and storage. The machine has the desirable cushioning to ensure you are comfortable all through. It has a thick back pad and a contoured head and neck pad to get you in proper position before you press. The comfort encourages a better workout and motivates you to work out even longer.
Some of the outstanding features of this leg press machine are the dual adjustable half inch locking pins, three stopping and starting points and a diamond plate steel press for non-slip control as you exercise. The 1” standard plate allows you to take on a challenging workout and advance as you get used to pressing. With the 400lbs maximum capacity, you can structure different strength workouts to suit your needs.
- Space-saving design
- Solid steel construction
- Encourages worthy strength training exercises
- Easy to assemble
- Squeaks a little with a heavy load
This Powerline is ideal for home workouts. It has the solid construction needed for progressive presses and is well-finished to last a long time. It is recommended for its compact size and the stability while working out.
4-Way Hip Sled
- 4-WAY Hip Sled to use as LEG PRESS, HACK SQUAT, FORWARD THRUST, CALF RAISE
- 4 Wheels - each rated 750 lbs., 4 Side Thrust wheels for Stability , Specially designed heavy duty Side Frames, 2" Sq. Steel Tube Construction, Thick Stitched Shoulder Pads, Deluxe Stitched Contoured Padding, Solid Steel Deck Plate - EZ to Adjust, Bars can hold Up to 1000 lbs.,
- 1000 lb capacity. Sizes: 37"W X 80"D X 52"H - Weighs 300 lbs.
- Olympic Plates are not included. Redesigned with heavier base and longer Plate Holders. Deluxe padding Carriage mounted on 8-750lb rated rollers for long life. 2" x 4" Steel Tube Construction. Thick Stitched Shoulder Pads. Deluxe Stitched Contoured Padding. Solid Steel Deck Plate - EZ to Adjust.
The TDS is built with ease of use in mind. You can switch between different exercises in a snap and leg presses are supplemented by a wide footpad and a wide backrest.
- 8 wheels for flawless movement
- Wide deck plates
- 1000 lb capacity
- Thick stitched shoulder pads
- Steel tube construction
- Can be used for leg presses, hack squats, forward thrust, calf raise
This machine allows you to be four different exercises all without having to switch to a different spot in your gym. It’s made with steel tubing to keep it lightweight enough to adjust its position in your room if you have to store it between exercise sessions. The plate is also fairly large and gives you plenty of space to brace your feet during leg presses.
The padding on the back of the seat isn’t the greatest we’ve seen and it could use a little more support once you start getting into the higher weight classes. But overall, it’s still a solid leg exercise machine that can handle practically anything you throw at it.
- Can be easily adjusted
- Very good construction
- Wheel movement is super smooth
- Comfortable with lots of space for feet
- Very expensive
- Back padding could be softer
We like the TDS 4 overall. It’s an ideal choice for a home gym and especially if you need to move it from place to place (like if your gym is in a garage).
FORCE USA Monster Ultimate
- 1000 lb weight rating with 2"x4" powder-coated laser-cut steel mainframe. 60"H x 66"W x 94"L.
- The perfect leg machine. Converts easily to perform hack squats, leg presses, calf raises and more.
- 5 Safety lockout positions and 5 racking positions with superior range of motion for users up to 7' tall.
- Includes 4 plate storage horns and additional plate holders beneath sled for extreme weight.
- Includes calf block for calf-focused workouts.
The FORCE USA Monster Ultimate is a sturdily built machine that has a heavy but durable steel frame. Once set up, it’s difficult to move but its stability helps it stay one of the safest like press machines you’ll find on the market.
- Includes four plate storage horns and some extra beneath
- 5 safety lockout positions
- 5 racking positions
- 1000 lb capacity
- Laser-cut steel mainframe
- Can let you perform leg presses, hack squats, calf raises and more
- Includes calf block
This machine is built for men and women of all sizes. Thanks to its different racking positions and lockout positions, even people as tall as 7 feet can use this machine safely. The convenience of all the weight racking horns means you can keep a cleaner spot around the machine even as you switch from weight class to class. Converting to different exercise types is easy, as well.
It is quite heavy, making it a poor choice if you need to store your machine in between workouts. It’s better for a dedicated gym location or for a home gym that you don’t have to convert.
- Comfortable back pad
- Very solid frame
- Converts for different exercises easily
- Safety focus is great
- One of the most expensive options
- Heavy – 463 lbs
Overall, the FORCE USA Monster Ultimate is a great choice for a gym setup or for adding to your collection if you have a dedicated workout space.
- 2: 1 ratio.
- Double beam design
- Pivoting press plate
The Body-Solid GLP is a great machine for anywhere in the house due to its small size. It has a number of features to make it easy to use so we’d recommend it for beginners over heavy-duty workout enthusiasts.
- Precision-engineering pillow block bearings
- Double-beam design for consistent resistance
- Non-slip rubber covered press plate
- Side stability handles
- Can detach pulley system for other leg exercises
This machine is built for smooth motions and ease-of-use. It uses a double beam system at the back of the plate so that resistance to your leg pressing motion is consistent throughout the entire exercise. The plate is also coated well with a non-slip material so even when you are straining you won’t be at any risk of kicking your feet off the plate. The chair and back padding are both fairly comfortable, too.
The only real downsides are the relatively small size (which prevents taller exercisers from appreciating this machine) and the lack of any rubber handle. As they stand, the handles are easy to lose your grip on if your palms start to sweat.
- Very smooth movement
- Easy to change leg exercises
- Easy to keep a grip with your feet
- Back padding is very supportive
- Not ideal for tall users
- Handles can slip when your hands are sweaty
The Body-Solid GLP is well worth the asking price if you want to focus on leg exercises without having to dedicate an entire room to a bulky machine.
- Four weight horns capable of up to a 1,000 weight load delivery maximum resistance for the home gym user
- Safety levers on each side of the reclining bench make the Powertec Leg Press top of its class
- Max Load: 1,000 lbs
An ideal leg press machine should provide a high load for unlimited exercises. The Powertec press is a great example and works efficiently to ensure you get the most out of it.
- 1000lbs load
- Safety levers
- High tensile footplate
- Nylon reinforced wheels
The Powertec integrates a carriage system that allows smooth operation for effective weight training. It has a sturdy construction to ensure it delivers to the promise and last a long time. Each part is carefully hinged and bolted to provide a solid structure. Additionally, the materials are of high quality to withstand regular use and retain the functionality.
It has a high-tensile strength footplate. This is driven by a roller system that works with bearing-driven nylon reinforced wheels. These maximize on motions while stabilizing your resistance for effective presses. Also, the bearing motion together with the sturdy wheels enhances the stability and smoothness for a hassle-free experience during exercise.
It has a maximum load of 1000lbs. This feature makes it suitable for everyone without a limitation of the weights to choose. It has safety levers on each side of the reclining bench. These add on to the stability as you press and also enhance the safety with a higher load.
- Straightforward assembly
- Easy to operate
- A high load
- Smooth bearings
- The weight horns have a rough texture
The Powertec is a suitable choice for home workouts. It has a solid construction and has a good balance during all routines. It is recommended for its easy assembly and smooth bearings.
- Grey with Black Powder coating finish. Large diamond steel plate - 32" x 16"
- 3 position safety stop on 2" centers
- 3 position carriage stop
- Removable 3 position incline bench
- 600 lb capacity
The quality of the frame is one of the factors you should consider. This cheap mini leg-press from TDS is an ideal choice; thanks to the solid structure and premium material selection.
- 3-position safety stop
- 600lb capacity
- 3-position carriage stop
- Removable incline bench
It has a steel construction that is properly polished for durability. The frame has a black powder coating finish which gives it a smooth look and protects the metal from abrasion. The steel used is of commercial-grade to withstand regular use and retain the strength for a long time. Each attachment is safe and reliable to prevent breakdown with a high load.
The leg press has a 3-position safety stop on 2″ centers for better stability and balance. Also, it features a 3-position carriage stop for active workouts. The incline bench used for this leg press machine can be removed. It can incline to three different positions to give you more room to increase the intensity of your workout. This feature makes it suitable for starters that can advance to a difficulty incline level.
The carriage features deluxe padding to ensure you are comfortable in an inclined position. It is mounted on eight steel rollers for improved motion. The rollers are chrome plated to ensure they are protected and can last a long time. The leg press needs installation and works for everyone regardless of the size. It is a suitable home gym addition; thanks to its simple design and ease of use.
- Sturdy construction
- Great value for money
- Smooth rollers
- Comfortable back pad
- Quite tedious to put together
This mini leg-press is ideal for light to heavy leg sessions. It is recommended for its sturdy construction, size, and comfort.
- 1000 lbs weight capacity
- Four settings on back rests and footboards
- Padded dual shoulder braces, back pad, and padded head rest
- 11 gauge 2" x 3" and 2” x 2” steel mainframe construction with scratch resistant powder coat finish
- Ultra thick 3" Duracraft split cushions offer firm support and double stitched, tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl
An ideal leg press machine should have adequate padding. This one from XMark has the right cushioning to ensure you are comfortable during exercise.
- 1000lbs limit
- Four settings
- Steel construction
- Padded parts
It has a sturdy steel construction that is designed to ensure it lasts a long time. The frame is sturdy to withstand the weight and works well with a limit of 1000lbs. This includes the body weight and the lifts for leg presses. Each part of this leg press is designed to last and suitably hinged for maximum function.
Overall there are four settings in backrests and footboards that allow comfort as you exercise while making sure you get the most out of your workout. More on support, it features padded dual shoulder braces. When pressing, the shoulders bear much of the weight, so it is essential to have the right cushioning. The back pad and headrest are also padded to ensure the back is safe during exercise.
The leg press is bolded on non-slip feet to ensure stability when working out. Also, the non-skid features of the feet prevent damage to floors when working out. This feature makes the leg press suitable for use at home without worrying about the type of surface you have. It needs installation but does not need plenty of maintenance to function well.
- Solid construction
- Effective for leg pressing
- High-quality padding
- Takes time to assemble
This XMark is suitable for people trying to get the most out of leg workouts. It is highly effective and is easy to operate. It is recommended for its flexibility and durable construction.
- 2-IN-1 CAPABILITY: This fitness machine allows you to use leg press AND hack squat positions, for a comprehensive lower body workout
- HEAVY DUTY MACHINE: High quality steel construction makes this a solid and stable piece of fitness equipment
- SAFETY DESIGN: Handrails on the sides give you complete control and an easy bailout, no matter what position you're in
- OLYMPIC SIZED: Fits 2" Olympic sized weight plates and features two loadable weight posts for weight storage
- COMFORTABLE FIT: This leg press machine is designed to accommodate athletes of all shapes and sizes
The Titan Machine is built to last and has been designed with versatility in mind. Its excellent positioning and sturdy frame mean you can perform monstrous like presses without having to worry about breaking anything.
- 40”x7’ footprint dimensions
- 875-pound limit
- 53” high
- Can fit any plates
- Adjustable for athletes of any size
- 2-in-1 machine for leg presses and hack-squats
- High quality steel construction
- Includes safety handrails
This machine can be used for both standard leg presses and for four different varieties of hack-squats. We are a big fan of machines that allow you to tackle different exercise routines without having to switch machines. The durable construction means that it’ll stand the test of time and continue functioning even if you use it week after week.
The asking retail is a bit high and the machine requires quite a lot of room to set up properly. This is an ideal machine for use in the garage or in your own personal gym.
- Very durable
- Lets you complete a whole leg workout with fewer machines
- Adjustability makes it easy to use no matter your size
- Quite pricy
- Hard to fit in a small area
Overall, we think the Titan Machine is a great pick if you’ve already got the room for this beast of a machine.
- HEAVY-DUTY AND DURABLE- This squat machine is constructed from 2” x 2” solid Steel for strength and stability, allowing the machine to hold up to 400 lb of weight plates. Designed with a solid steel, hammer tone foot plate that weighs 30 lb.
- HIGH DENSITY PADDING- High-density, dual-layered vinyl padding can withstand intense stress over time. Body pad measures 33.5” x 17.5”. Neck pad measures 10” x 7.5”. Ergonomic neck pad is contoured to fit the curve of the neck to eliminate any strain or discomfort.
- THREE WEIGHT STORAGE PEGS- Multiple storage pegs disperse the weight on the machine to allow the user to lift heavier weight and meet personal goals. Holds Standard or Olympic Plates. Purchase includes 3 Olympic Sleeve Adapters.
- PERFECT FOR HOME GYMS- The perfect leg press machine for home use, CC-10 can save space while allowing the user to quickly build and strength the entire lower body and receive the same results as a commercial grade machine making it one of the best leg press machines for home use.
- ADDITIONAL- Mainly used as a leg press workout machine but is also great to be used as a calf raises machine. Meant for home gym and light-commercial use. Warranty, 3-year frame, 2-year padding, 1-year hardware. Arrives in 2 separate boxes.
The Valor CC-10 is a home-use vertical leg press machine that’s ideal for those starting out in their journey to leg gains. Since it can only hold 500 pounds, it isn’t meant for higher-tier lifters but it can still be valuable for beginners or moderate workout enthusiasts.
- Solid steel frame
- 500 lb limit
- High-density padding for comfort
- Multiple storage pegs
- Includes 3 Olympic sleeve adapters
- Compact size
- Various warranties for different pieces of the machine
This machine has been designed from the ground up for a home gym and light commercial use. It has a compact size that can fit in almost any space and still let you perform vertical leg presses in comfort. The padded backing means that even heavier weights shouldn’t cause discomfort or harm to your back muscles. Add to that various storage pegs for keeping your weights organized and you’ve got a machine made with user-friendliness in mind.
This machine arrives in two separate boxes and the warranties vary depending on which piece needs replacing. The frame has a three-year warranty, the padding a two-year warranty, and the hardware a one year warranty.
- Very good size
- Easy to move around
- Comfortable to use
- Keeps weight organized with pegs
- Can’t go above 500 lbs safely
- Various warranties are a bit complex to manage
We think the Valor CC-10 is an ideal choice for anyone putting together a home gym. It’s especially great for those just starting to get into working out for health or for fun.
Types of Leg Press Machines
This type of leg press machine requires you to utilize a different movement with a direct drive. This type is the easiest to use because the mechanism is parallel to the ground. Depending on the design of the machine, the weight could be at the front, underneath or behind the back pad. These leg press machines are suitable for starters and light leg exercises.
This type of leg press has a seat that inclines to 45 degrees, so you are slightly off the ground but not completely on the vertical position. The leg press has a weighted system that is controlled by an incline mechanism. When using this leg press machine, the knees form to a 90-degree angle to the torso. Then, you push the weight at an angle as you remain in a sitting position.
This leg presses have a unique design to maintain the right support for your hips and back. The weight is lifted upwards, and this makes them suitable for small spaces. This is because they take little floor spaces since the weight goes up vertically. Among the three types, these are the most effective with consistent exercise since they provide maximum resistance.
When starting, you should consider using little weight and build up as you progress. The first step is positioning the body by resting the head and back comfortably. Then, place your feet on the footplate and ensure the heels lay flat. The legs should form an angle of about 90 degrees for a safe position.
The knees should be in line with the feet; not bowed inward or outward. This is the position you should maintain when pressing to ensure safety. Your bottom should lay flat on the seat the entire time to ease of the pressure from the leg muscles when you push.
As you press, ensure you hold the assist handles provides. These will give you the right support during movement and help to keep the spine in proper alignment. Also, the handles help to keep the head in place as you press and add the balance to ensure the knees remain in line with the feet.
Design and material
The material of the leg press machine frame should be sturdy to withstand the heavyweight and repeated motion. Steel works excellent and has the required strength. The frame should be polished for added durability. The design depends on the intensity of the workout you aim for as well as the space available.
The size of the leg press machine you choose depends on individual sizes. Tall people require bigger leg presses that short ones. But, the ones with a height adjustability feature work well for anyone. Also, the size you choose depends on the design you want and the space available.
Generally speaking the more weight you want the machine to handle the more sturdier and larger it needs to be.
It is also important to think about the space or area you are going to dedicate to the equipment. Once it is assembled of course you can disassemble it and move it but that can become a tiresome task.
Ease of Assembly
Leg press machines, like other equipment, take time to assemble. However, this depends on the design of the machine and the availability of instructions and tools. Therefore it is crucial to confirm the availability of instruction manuals and other helpful resources on how to install.
This factor is geared towards the seat, back, and head pads. Ensure they are all padded and are of a reasonable size to ensure you are comfortable. Also, the footplates should be adequate to ensure you are comfortable as you press.
Ensure the leg press machine has moulder or polyurethane pads on the areas which are in contact with your body. Why polyurethane pads? This type of material does not get affected by contact and sweat which can cause a bad smell, then dry out and lead to cracking on some equipment.
Choosing a functional home leg press machine takes much into consideration. The top factors to consider are the structure, size, and design. For long-term benefits, the leg press machine should have solid construction and a stable base. You could opt for home gym equipment with integrated leg press for additional exercise. The most important thing is to ensure they meet the minimum quality standards.
Leg press machines are a must have in your home gym and there are many to choose from! The products included in this post are all good so finding the right one for your needs is made easier.