A home workout should equally be as productive as the gym sessions. But, for you to gain all the benefits of a gym setup, you need several machines in your home. This does not mean you cannot reach your fitness goals without the specific machines. But, for long-term and sustainable results, there is a need for the equipment. One of these is the leg press machine. How do you choose the best leg press machine for your home workout?
This machine comes in handy to develop the strength of the thigh muscles. With the heavyweights, you can progress to managing a massive load for effective leg exercises. There are different styles of the leg press machines. Some are integrated into full-body machines while some come as single-function ones. The selection depends on your overall fitness needs and the suitability for your home gym.
When it comes to gaining muscle in the legs the leg press is a relatively safe and secure method to use. Leg press machines can rapidly help develop your quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteal muscles as well as the calves.
Through foot placement different muscles can be activated and worked. By walking your feet up you will work the hamstrings and gluteal muscles more. If you walk the feet down your quadriceps will be working more.
Lets examine the muscles that a leg press will target. When pressing or extending the quadriceps or the muscle in the front of your thigh engage.
This includes the rectus femoris, vastus medialis, vastus lateralis and vastus intermedius.
When you bend your knees and contract the hamstrings begin to work and include your biceps femoris, semitendinosus and semimembranosus.
In addition to the hamstrings the gluteal muscles which include the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius and gluteus minimus also assist in the bending of your knees.
Like every workout machine be sure you are familiar and trained in how to use it properly. Leg presses have a safety catch which means you can easily stop the machine from moving back if your legs fail.
For this reason, leg press machines can be much safer than say free squats if you don’t have the strength just yet.
The safety feature also allows you to push your legs to the limit with maximum weight until failure without having to worry yourself or potentially hurt yourself.
Another safety disclaimer. This is applicable to all our reviews, be sure to warm up adequately before lifting any sort of weight!
Let’s delve straight into the best leg press machine reviews. There are many to choose from but finding the right machine for your budget is possible!
Best Squat Machines
Body-Solid GLPH1100 Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine
- Quad Track roller System operates smoothly and distributes weight evenly
- Both back pads utilize a quick flip-and-lock mechanism
- Extra-heavy Gauge diamond plate foot platforms for both leg press and hack squat positions
- Easy-access under-carriage plate load System
- Extra heavy-duty 2"x 4" 11-gauge steel mainframe minimizes torsional flex for maximum strength and stability
The Body Solid Leg Press & Hack Squat is a popular machine and has many great features making it so. While it would be ok for gym or commercial use it is predominantly used as a home machine.
- Roller system uses a quad track system to evenly distribute the weight.
- Three safety lock positions available
- Maximum weight capacity of 1,000 pounds.
- Plate load system is easy to access
- Foot plate platform has an extra heavy gauge
- Adjustable back pads
- Mainframe made from 11 gauge steel for durability
- Back and shoulder pads made from DuraFirm material
- Lifetime warranty
The DuraFirm material is comfortable to use – it is 10cm thick and double stitched.
The frame of the Body Solid Leg Press & Hack Squat is extra heavy duty with 2″x4″ and an 11gauge steel frame. The frame has been designed to minimize torsional flex.
The dimensions of this machine are 210L x 88W x 142H which is pretty large but this is a solid piece of equipment. Designed to be set up and more or less stay in the one position.
- Comfortable to use
- Well built machine
- 3 safety locks
- Quad roller systems for smooth use and even weight distribution
- Lifetime warranty
- Difficult to assemble
As an entry level leg press machine the Body Solid Leg Press & Hack Squat is a popular choice. If you are looking for something that you find in the gyms then I would suggest a different machine. If you are looking for a basic leg press that you can use with ease then this is a good choice.
Bodycraft F660 Leg Press/Hip Sled
1 used from $ 1,999.00
- Adjustable shoulder pads allow for a wide range of user heights. This also allows us to make the machine smaller than most
- Fully adjustable foot plate for any desired angle
- Foot plate also folds out of the way for Hack Squats
- Industrial grade linear bearings. Plastic wheels tend to flatten over time. Linear bearings never flatten, or wear out
- Lifetime warranty
The BodyCraft F660 Leg Press has been designed to endure the toughest workouts. Built with heavy gauge steel and industrial grade linear bearings this machine is sturdy.
- Adjustable shoulder pads
- Adjustable upper and lower foot plates
- Foot plates fold all the way out for hack squats
- Includes Calf block for standing calves
- Heavy duty 1,000 lb. weight capacity
- Industrial grade bearings
- Relatively compact housing
- Lifetime warranty
A great feature of the BodyCraft F660 Leg Press is the footprint – 39 by 79 by 50 inches (W x H x D).
The industrial grade materials used with this machine make it stand out above the rest, it can be used for commercial purposes and also for the home gym.
The adjustability of this machine makes it possible for all users and one can complete a variety of workouts, calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes through the adjustment of foot platform.
- Fully adjustable machine
- Industrial grade bearings
- 11 gauge steel frame
- Lifetime warranty
- 1,000lb weight capacity
The BodyCraft F660 Leg Press comes with great customer feedback, we are yet to hear of any negatives associated with the machine. If your budget allows, you won’t be disappointed with this purchase.
Weider Ultimate Body Works
4 used from $ 114.88
- Adjustable incline bench on wheels with a pulley on each side Adjust the bench to a steeper incline to increase the amount of weight resistance
- Resistance Bands: Provides the option to increase weight resistance up to 50-pounds with the addition of the four resistance bands
- Cable & Pulley System allow for greater versatility and greater range of motion. Resistance bands increase weight resistance beyond the user's own body weight. Features a compact space-saving design so it's a premium option for home gyms
- Exercise Chart: Weider Total Body Works 5000 includes workout guide with over 100 body-shaping exercises. Maximum weight capacity (pounds): 250
- SpaceSaver Design: The Weider Ultimate Body Works conveniently folds for easy storageWarranty: 90 Days Parts & Labor Warranty.Features an incline bench with wheels that can be adjusted to the desired position with the help of pulleys on both sides
The Weider Ultimate Body Works works using body weight as resistance meaning workouts are not only limited to legs. In fact you can do over 50 different types of body shaping exercises.
- 4 power bands and a cable pulley system for resistance
- Body weight workouts
- Adjustable bench to change the intensity of your workout
- Easy to fold away and store
- Relatively small footprint
- 90 day warranty on parts and labor
The Weider Ultimate Body Works has been designed to easily fold down and store when not in use. Assembled the dimensions are 71″ x 26.5″ x 49.5″.
This machine is great for those looking to get into a routine, tone and build muscle without having to use weights.
The main advantage of this machine is the low price and affordability!
- Very affordable
- Range of body workouts you can do
- Easy to move and store
- Includes an exercise guide
- Not a weighted machine
- Comes with a California Prop 65 chemical warning
- Handles are a bit uncomfortable
- Difficult to set up
Overall the Weider Ultimate Body Works is a very popular home equipment machine with many satisfied customers. If you are looking for a home workout machine without the hefty price tag then consider this option.
Resistance bands can provide a very intense workout. If you are wanting a weighted leg press specifically then this won’t work for you.
TDS Premier Vertical Leg Press
- Mounted on heavy duty eight rollers.
- Extra wide steel deck foot plate.
- Deluxe 3" thick stitched padding.
- Heavy duty safety stoppers.
- Great to delvelop Quadriceps, strengthen Hamstrings, Glutes and Calf Raise
The Premier Vertical Leg Press is a heavy duty leg press machine built to handle standard and olympic sized plates. While a vertical leg press isn’t for everyone, read on to see if you find it suitable for your needs.
- Sturdy design
- Heavy duty steel construction
- Mounted on 8 heavy duty rollers
- 1 safety catch
- Relatively easy to put together~2hrs
- Small footprint
- Extra wide steel deck foot plate
- 3″ thick stitched padding
- Lifetime warranty
The Premier Vertical Leg Press is a sturdy, steel tube construction leg press machine. Assembled it is 49″W x 47″D x 75″H and has a total weight of 200 lbs.
Near commercial quality the backrest is well padded and comfortable to use. A smooth machine to use- don’t over tighten the bolts as it can become sticky and a bit jerky.
The safety catches and the weight carriage work well together to provide a smooth yet stable leg workout.
- 1000 lb weight capacity
- Lifetime warranty
- Heavy duty, sturdy design
- Extra wide foot plate
- Assembly instructions a bit vague
If you want a vertical leg press, the Premier Vertical Leg Press is it. With a lifetime warranty the buyer has peace of mind with any issues that may come up.
Yukon Fitness Vertical Leg Press VLP-154
- Comfortable Back Support and Head Rest to Reduce Neck Strain
- Narrow Design - good where Space is at a Premium
- Accepts Standard or Olympic Plates
- Lifetime Warranty
The Yukon Fitness Vertical Leg Press is one of the cheaper models on the market yet still has some great features.
- Small footprint – space saver
- Accepts standard and olympic sized plates
- Maximum weight capacity 600lbs
- Angled back support and head cradle
- Chromed sliders for smooth operability
- Three position lock
- Non slip foot plate
- Lifetime warranty
While the maximum weight capacity of the Yukon Fitness Vertical Leg Press is 600lbs and much lower than the previous leg press machines you will find for a vertical press, 600lb is more than enough.
Product dimensions are 68″H x 40″W x 43″ and it is manufactured with heavy 12 gauge 2″ x 2″ steel tubing. This is a relatively narrow machine which makes it easy to store in the home gym or dedicated workout area.
- Standard and olympic sized plates
- Comfortable to use
- Lifetime warranty
- Not as sturdy as other designs
If you don’t have the budget but want a vertical leg press the Yukon Fitness Vertical Leg Press is the answer. There are many great features of this machine so it is worth looking into.
Powerline by Body-Solid Home Gym with Leg Press
$1,499.00 in stock
- Leg Press Included, 2:1 Ratio
- Upgraded version of the P1X with Functional Arms
- 160lb. Weight Stack Included, can upgrade to 210lb. (optional)
- Virtually unlimited exercises with low, mid, and high pulleys
- 10 Year Powerline Warranty
As much as building leg muscle strength is essential, it is crucial to focus on total body strength. This home gym machine from Powerline is ideal for unlimited exercise at the comfort of your house.
- 210lbs weight stack
- Multiple functions
- Steel construction
- Fixed pulleys
This home gym is a multi-functional machine to help you reach your fitness goals not only for your legs but the entire body. The design of the machine allows different sizes of users and works well by providing different motions. It is engineered for total body workouts and gives you the freedom to structure workouts based on your needs.
The machine has low, mid and high pulleys which give you the opportunity to enjoy a variety of exercises. The leg press is integrated into this multi-gym machine and is useful with any weights that you choose. It has comfortable pads on the back pad and headrest for comfort as you work out. The best part is that it also incorporates arm presses which are essential for building muscle strength.
This machine has a 160lb weight stack included. For more resistance and strength training, you can add to 210lbs for an effective workout. It has an intricate design and might need quite some time to put together. But, with the instruction manual, you can follow the step-by-step guide to install each part. It is versatile, and you can use it to reach your goals.
- Solid construction
- Multiple exercises
- Suitable for beginners
- Highly flexible for structured workouts
- Tedious to assemble
This home gym by Powerline with a leg press machine is ideal for people looking for multiple-function equipment. Although it can be a challenge to put together, it is highly functional and practical for different exercises.
Powertec Fitness Leg Press
- Four weight horns capable of up to a 1,000 weight load delivery maximum resistance for the home gym user
- Safety levers on each side of the reclining bench make the Powertec Leg Press top of its class
- Max Load: 1,000 lbs
An ideal leg press machine should provide a high weight load for unlimited exercises. The Powertec press is a great example and works efficiently to ensure you get the best out of it.
- 1000lbs weight load capacity
- Safety levers
- High tensile footplate
- Nylon reinforced wheels
The Powertec Leg press machine integrates a carriage system that allows smooth operation for effective weight training. It has a sturdy construction to ensure it delivers to the promise and last a long time. Each part of the leg press machine is carefully hinged and bolted to provide a solid structure. Additionally, the materials are of high quality to withstand regular use and retain the functionality.
The home leg press machine has a high-tensile strength footplate. This is driven by a roller system which works with bearing-driven nylon reinforced wheels. These maximize on motions while stabilizing your resistance for effective presses. Also, the bearing motion together with the sturdy wheels enhances the stability and smoothness for a hassle-free experience during exercise.
It has a maximum weight load capacity of 1000lbs. This feature makes it suitable for everyone without a limitation of the weights to choose. The leg press machine has safety levers on each side of the reclining bench. These add on to the stability as you press and also enhance the safety of using this machine with a higher weight load.
- Straightforward assembly
- Easy to operate
- A high weight load capacity
- Smooth bearings
- The weight horns have a rough texture
The Powertec leg press machine is a suitable choice for home workouts. It has a solid construction and has the balance all through the exercises. It is recommended for its easy assembly and the smooth bearings.
Mini Leg Press
- Grey with Black Powder coating finish. Large diamond steel plate - 32" x 16"
- 3 position safety stop on 2" centers
- 3 position carriage stop
- Removable 3 position incline bench
- 600 lb capacity
The quality of the leg press frame is one of the factors you should consider. This cheap mini leg press from PDS is an ideal choice; thanks to the solid structure and premium material selection.
- 3-position safety stop
- 600lb weight load capacity
- 3-position carriage stop
- Removable incline bench
The leg press has a steel construction that is properly polished for durability. The frame has a black powder coating finish which gives it a smooth look and protects the metal from abrasion. The steel used is of commercial grade to withstand regular use and retain the strength for a long time. Each attachment is safe and reliable to prevent breakdown with a high weight load.
The leg press has a 3-position safety stop on 2″ centers for better stability and balance. Also, it features a 3-position carriage stop for active workouts. The incline bench used for this leg press machine can be removed. It can incline to three different positions to give you more room to increase the intensity of your workout. This feature makes the leg press suitable for starters that can advance to a difficulty incline level.
The carriage features deluxe padding to ensure you are comfortable in an inclined position. It is mounted on eight steel rollers for improved motion. The rollers are chrome plated to ensure they are protected and can last a long time. The leg press needs installation and works for everyone regardless of the size. It is a suitable home gym addition; thanks to its simple design and ease of use.
- Sturdy construction
- Great value for money
- Smooth rollers
- Comfortable back pad
- Quite tedious to put together
This leg press is ideal for light to heavy leg exercises at home. It is recommended for its sturdy construction, size, and comfort.
Fitness Factory EXM1
- Based on the Body Solid EXM Home Gyms
- 160lb. Selectorized Stack of Iron Plates
- Included Fully Functional Leg Press
- Upper, Mid, and Lower Pullies offer Countless Exercises with Grips and Handles
- Covered Forever by the Body-Solid In-Home Warranty
If you need a machine that provides essential exercise at home, then this one from Fitness Factory is an ideal option. It has integrated mini-machines which work for total body exercises.
- 160lbs weight included
- Padded back pads
- Steel construction
This machine includes an ergonomic press arm, an upper, mid and a lower pulley. It also includes a fully functional leg press for your leg muscles strength building exercises. With this machine, you can work out every muscle of your body or choose to focus on the individual parts. It is highly effective for multiple uses and suits people looking for a multiple function machine.
Made of steel, it has a quality finish to prolong the lifespan of the frame. It has a broad base, and that adds on to the stability of the machine for multiple exercises. The back pads, headrests, and footrests are cushioned to ensure you are comfortable in any of the exercise your choice. The handlebars work well with arm exercises to ensure you have the balance.
This home gym has stable feet with anti-slip pads. These ensure the machine has a soft landing on the ground and prevent damage on the floor surface. This feature gives the machine an upper hand for use at home regardless of the kind of floors you have. The machine comes with 160lbs stack of iron plates for weight lifting exercises.
- Solid and sturdy construction
- Smooth operation
- Multiple functions
- Effective for leg presses
- Takes time to install
This multi-gym is an ideal choice for basic exercise. It works in multiple modes and has an efficient leg press. It is recommended for its robust and high-quality construction.
Powerline by Body-Solid Vertical Leg Press
1 used from $ 279.26
- Vertical leg press that effectively isolates your lower body muscles
- Dual-adjustable 1/2-inch locking pins; 3 starting and stopping positions
- Extra-thick back pad and contoured head and neck pad
- Durable alloy steel frame with tough powder-coated finish
- 400-pound capacity; weights, adapter sleeves, and collars not included
If you are looking for a vertical leg press machine for a more challenging workout, then this Powerline one will deliver that. It is built to provide the right support and still challenge you to work out your leg muscles.
- 3 diameter weight posts
- Steel and nylon construction
- Dual adjustable locking pins
- Max user weight: 400lbs
This leg press machine comes in a sturdy and stable construction. It is made of a heavy duty steel frame and nylon bushings for smooth operation. The machine works well to isolate the lower body muscles by providing a more challenging workout as you push up. This one delivers long lasting results with a consistent workout routine.
The vertical design provides support for your hips and back for a comfortable position as you work out. Also, the design makes it useful in tight spaces for workout and storage. The machine has the desirable cushioning to ensure you are comfortable all through. It has a thick back pad and a contoured head and neck pad to get you in proper position before you press. The comfort encourages a better workout and motivates you to work out even longer.
Some of the outstanding features of this leg press machine are the dual adjustable half inch locking pins, three stopping and starting points and a diamond plate steel press for non-slip control as you exercises. The 1” standard plate allows you to take on a challenging workout and advance as you get used to pressing. With the 400lbs maximum weight capacity, you can structure different strength workouts to suit your needs.
- Space saving design
- Solid steel construction
- Encourages worthy strength training exercises
- Easy to assemble
- Squeaks a little with heavy weights
This vertical leg press machine is ideal for home workouts. It has the solid construction needed for progressive presses and is well-finished to last a long time. It is recommended for its compact size and the stability while working out.
XMark Leg Press Hack Squat XM-7616
- 1000 lbs weight capacity
- Four settings on back rests and footboards
- Padded dual shoulder braces, back pad, and padded head rest
- 11 gauge 2" x 3" and 2" x 2" steel mainframe construction with scratch resistant powder coat finish
- Ultra thick 3" Duracraft split cushions offer firm support and double stitched, tear-resistant Duraguard vinyl
An ideal leg press machine should have adequate padding. This one from XMark has the right cushioning to ensure you are comfortable during exercise.
- 1000lbs weight capacity
- Four settings
- Steel construction
- Padded parts
The leg press machine has a sturdy steel construction which is designed to ensure it lasts a long time. The frame is sturdy to withstand the weight and works well with a weight limit of 1000lbs. This includes the body weight and the lifts for leg presses. Each part of this leg press is designed to last and suitably hinged for maximum function.
Overall there are four settings in backrests and foot boards which allows comfort as you exercise while making sure you get the most out of your workout. More on support, the leg press machine feature padded dual shoulder braces. When pressing, the shoulders bear much of the weight, so it is essential to have the right cushioning. The back pad and headrest are also padded to ensure the entire body is safe during exercise.
The leg press is bolded on non-slip feet to ensure stability when working out. Also, the non-skid features of the feet prevent damage to floors when working out. This feature makes the leg press suitable for use at home without worrying about the type of surface you have. It needs installation but does not need plenty of maintenance to function well.
- Solid construction
- Effective for leg pressing
- Suitable for home use
- High-quality padding
- Takes time to assemble
This home leg press machine is suitable for people trying to get the most out of leg workouts. It is highly effective and is easy to operate. It is recommended for its flexibility and durable construction.
Titan Leg Press Hack Squat Machine
|Brand||Titan Distributors Inc.|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0840009201615|
|Item Dimensions||Length: 0; Weight: 32500|
|Label||Titan Distributors Inc.|
|Manufacturer||Titan Distributors Inc.|
|Number Of Items||1|
|Product Type Name||SPORTING_GOODS|
|Publisher||Titan Distributors Inc.|
|Studio||Titan Distributors Inc.|
|Title||Titan Leg Press Hack Squat Machine|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 840009201615|
The Titan Leg Press Hack Squat Machine is built to last and has been designed with versatility in mind. Its excellent positioning and sturdy frame mean you can perform monstrous like presses without having to worry about breaking anything.
- 40”x7’ footprint dimensions
- 875-pound weight capacity
- 53” high
- Can fit Olympic weight plates
- Adjustable for athletes of any size
- 2-in-1 machine for leg presses and hack squats
- High quality steel construction
- Includes safety handrails
This machine can be used for both standard leg presses and for four different varieties of hack squats. We are a big fan of machines that allow you to tackle different exercise routines without having to switch machines. The durable construction means that it’ll stand the test of time and continue functioning even if you use it week after week.
The asking price is a bit high and the machine requires quite a lot of space to set up properly. This is an ideal machine for use in the garage or in your own personal gym.
- Very durable
- Lets you complete a whole leg workout with fewer machines
- Adjustability makes it easy to use no matter your size
- Quite pricy
- Hard to fit in a smaller space
Overall, we think the Titan Leg Press Hack Squat Machine is a great pick if you’ve already got the space for this beast of a machine.
4-Way Hip Sled to use as Leg Press, HACK Squat
- 4-WAY Hip Sled to use as LEG PRESS, HACK SQUAT, FORWARD THRUST, CALF RAISE
- 4 Wheels - each rated 750 lbs., 4 Side Thrust wheels for Stability , Specially designed heavy duty Side Frames, 2" Sq. Steel Tube Construction, Thick Stitched Shoulder Pads, Deluxe Stitched Contoured Padding, Solid Steel Deck Plate - EZ to Adjust, Bars can hold Up to 1000 lbs.,
- 1000 lb capacity. Sizes: 37"W X 80"D X 52"H - Weighs 300 lbs.
The TDS 4-Way Hip Sled is a leg press machine built with ease of use in mind. You can switch between different exercises in a snap and leg presses are supplemented by a wide footpad and a wide backrest.
- 8 wheels for flawless movement
- Wide deck plates
- 1000 lb capacity
- Thick stitched shoulder pads
- Steel tube construction
- Can be used for leg presses, hack squats, forward thrust, calf raise
This machine allows you to be four different exercises all without having to switch to a different spot in your home gym. It’s made with steel tubing to keep it lightweight enough to adjust its position in your room if you have to store it between exercise sessions. The plate is also fairly large and gives you plenty of space to brace your feet during leg presses.
The padding on the back of the seat isn’t the best we’ve seen and it could use a little more support once you start getting into the higher weight classes. But overall, it’s still a solid leg exercise machine that can handle practically anything you throw at it.
- Can be easily adjusted
- Very good construction
- Wheel movement is super smooth
- Comfortable with lots of space for feet
- Very expensive
- Back padding could be softer
We like the TDS 4-Way Hip Sled overall. It’s an ideal choice for a home gym and especially if you need to move it from place to place (like if your gym is in a garage).
FORCE USA Monster Ultimate 45 Degree Leg Press/HACK Squat
- 1000 lb weight rating with 2"x4" powder-coated laser-cut steel mainframe. 60"H x 66"W x 94"L.
- The perfect leg machine. Converts easily to perform hack squats, leg presses, calf raises and more.
- 5 Safety lockout positions and 5 racking positions with superior range of motion for users up to 7' tall.
- Includes 4 plate storage horns and additional plate holders beneath sled for extreme weight.
- Includes calf block for calf-focused workouts.
The FORCE USA Monster Ultimate Leg Press is a sturdily built machine that has a heavy but durable steel frame. Once set up, it’s difficult to move but its stability helps it stay one of the safest like press machines you’ll find on the market.
- Includes four plate storage horns and some extra beneath
- 5 safety lockout positions
- 5 racking positions
- 1000 lb weight capacity
- Laser-cut steel mainframe
- Can let you perform leg presses, hack squats, calf raises and more
- Includes calf block
This leg press machine is built for men and women of all sizes. Thanks to its different racking positions and lockout positions, even people as tall as 7 feet can use this machine safely. The convenience of all the weight racking horns means you can keep a cleaner spot around the machine even as you switch from weight class to class. Converting to different exercise types is easy, as well.
This is quite a heavy leg press machine, making it a poor choice if you need to store your machine in between workouts. It’s better for a dedicated gym location or for a home gym that you don’t have to convert.
- Easy to store weights with this
- Comfortable back pad
- Very solid frame
- Converts for different exercises easily
- Safety focus is great
- One of the most expensive leg press machines
- Heavy – 463 lbs
Overall, the FORCE USA Monster Ultimate Leg Press is a great choice for a gym setup or for adding to your collection if you have a dedicated workout space.
Valor Fitness CC-10 Home Gym Vertical Leg Press Machine
- HEAVY-DUTY- Constructed from 2" x 2" solid Steel for strength and stability, allowing the machine to hold up to 500 lb of weight plates. Designed with a solid steel, hammer tone foot plate.
- HIGH DENSITY PADDING- High-density, dual-layered vinyl padding can withstand intense stress over time. Body pad measures 33.5" x 17.5". Neck pad measures 10" x 7.5". Ergonomic neck pad is contoured to fit the curve of the neck to eliminate any strain or discomfort.
- THREE WEIGHT STORAGE PEGS- Multiple storage pegs disperse the weight on the machine to allow the user to lift heavier weight and meet personal goals. Holds Standard or Olympic Plates. Purchase includes 3 Olympic Sleeve Adapters.
- PERFECT FOR HOME GYMS- The CC-10 can save space in a home gym while allowing the user to quickly build and strength the entire lower body and receive the same results as a commercial grade machine.
- ADDITIONAL- Meant for home gym and light-commercial use. Warranty, 3-year frame, 2-year padding, 1-year hardware. Arrives in 2 separate boxes.
The Valor Fitness CC-10 Home Gym is a home use vertical leg press machine that’s ideal for those starting out in their journey to leg gains. Since it can only hold 500 pounds, it isn’t meant for higher-tier lifters but it can still be valuable for beginners or moderate workout enthusiasts.
- Solid steel frame
- 500 lb weight capacity
- High-density padding for comfort
- Multiple storage pegs
- Includes 3 Olympic sleeve adapters
- Compact size
- Various warranties for different pieces of the machine
This machine has been designed from the ground up for a home gym and light commercial use. It has a compact size that can fit in almost any space and still let you perform vertical leg presses in comfort. The padded backing means that even heavier weights shouldn’t cause discomfort or harm to your back muscles. Add to that various storage pegs for keeping your weights organized and you’ve got a machine made with user-friendliness in mind.
This machine arrives in two separate boxes and the warranties vary depending on which piece needs replacing. The frame has a three-year warranty, the padding a two-year warranty, and the hardware a one year warranty.
- Very good size
- Easy to move around
- Comfortable to use
- Keeps weight organized with pegs
- Can’t go above 500 lbs safely
- Various warranties are a bit complex to manage
We think the Valor Fitness CC-10 Home Gym is an ideal choice for anyone putting together a home gym. It’s especially great for those just starting to get into working out for health or for fun.
Body-Solid GLP Leg Press
- 2: 1 ratio.
- Double beam design
- Pivoting press plate
The Body-Solid GLP Leg Press is a great machine for home use due to its small size. It has a number of features to make it easy to use so we’d recommend it for beginners over heavy-duty workout enthusiasts.
- Precision-engineering pillow block bearings
- Double-beam design for consistent resistance
- Non-slip rubber covered press plate
- Side stability handles
- Can detach pulley system for other leg exercises
This machine is built for smooth motions and ease-of-use. It uses a double beam system at the back of the plate so that resistance to your leg pressing motion is consistent throughout the entire exercise. The plate is also coated well with a non-slip material so even when you are straining you won’t be at any risk of kicking your feet off the plate. The chair and back padding are both fairly comfortable, too.
The only real downsides are the relatively small size (which prevents taller exercisers from appreciating this machine) and the lack of any rubber handle. As they stand, the handles are easy to lose your grip on if your palms start to sweat.
- Very smooth movement
- Easy to change leg exercises
- Easy to keep a grip with your feet
- Back padding is very supportive
- Not the best for tall users
- Handles can slip when your hands are sweaty
The Body-Solid GLP Leg Press is well worth the asking price if you want to focus on leg exercises without having to dedicate an entire room to a bulky machine.
Types of Leg Press Machines
Horizontal leg presses
This type of leg press machines requires you to a different movement with a direct drive. This type is the easiest to use because the mechanism is parallel to the ground. Depending on the design of the machine, the weight could be at the front, underneath or behind the back pad. These leg press machines are suitable for starters and light leg exercises.
45-degree leg presses
This type of leg press machines has a seat that inclines to 45 degrees, so you are slightly off the ground but not completely on the vertical position. The leg press has a weighted system that is controlled by an incline mechanism. When using this leg press machine, the knees form to a 90-degree angle to the body. Then, you push the weight at an angle as you remain in a sitting position.
Vertical Leg Press
This leg presses have a unique design to maintain the right support for your hips and back. The weight is lifted upwards, and this makes them suitable for small spaces. This is because they take little floor spaces since the weight goes up vertically. Among the three types, these are the most effective with consistent exercise since they provide maximum resistance.
Using a Leg Press Machine
When starting, you should consider using little weight and build up as you progress. The first step is positioning the body by resting the head and back comfortably. Then, place your feet on the footplate and ensure the heels lay flat. The legs should form an angle of about 90 degrees for a safe position.
The knees should be in line with the feet; not bowed inward or outward. This is the position you should maintain when pressing to ensure safety. Your bottom should lay flat on the seat the entire time to ease of the pressure from the leg muscles when you push.
As you press, ensure you hold the assist handles provides. These will give you the right support during movement and help to keep the spine in proper alignment. Also, the handles help to keep the head in place as you press and add the balance to ensure the knees remain in line with the feet.
Key Features of Leg Press Machines
Design and material
The material of the leg press machine frame should be sturdy to withstand the heavyweight and repeated motion. Steel works excellent and has the required strength. The frame should be polished for added durability. The design depends on the intensity of the workout you aim for as well as the space available.
The size of the leg press machine you choose depends on individual sizes. Tall people require bigger leg presses that short ones. But, the ones with a height adjustability feature work well for anyone. Also, the size you choose depends on the design you want and the space available.
Generally speaking the more weight you want the machine to handle the more sturdy and larger the machine.
It is also important to think about the space or area you are going to dedicate to the equipment. Once it is assembled of course you can disassemble it and move it but that can become a tiresome task.
Ease of Assembly
Leg press machines, like other equipment, take time to assemble. However, this depends on the design of the machine and the availability of instructions and tools. Therefore it is crucial to confirm the availability of instruction manuals and other helpful resources on how to install.
This factor is geared towards the seat, back, and head pads. Ensure they are all padded and are of a reasonable size to ensure you are comfortable. Also, the footplates should be adequate to ensure you are comfortable as you press.
Ensure the leg press machine has moulder or polyurethane pads on the areas which are in contact with your body. Why polyurethane pads? This type of material does not get affected by body contact and sweat which can cause a bad smell, then dry out and lead to cracking on some equipment.
Choosing a functional home leg press machine takes much into consideration. The top factors to consider are the structure, size, and design. For long-term benefits, the leg press machine should have solid construction and a stable base. You could opt for home gym equipment with integrated leg press for additional exercise. The most important thing is to ensure they meet the minimum quality standards.
Leg press machines are a must have in your home gym and there are many to choose from! The products included in this post are all good so finding the right one for your needs is made easier.