Horizon T101 Treadmill Review
Walking, jogging, and running are amongst the best workouts you can do for fitness, health, and fat loss. However, exercising outdoors is not always practical or enjoyable, especially if you live somewhere very hot, very cold, rainy, windy, or where there is lots of traffic.
One way to stay fit at home is to get a treadmill. In this Horizon T101 Treadmill review, we’ll help you decide if this is the right option for you. Treadmills are ideal for people who want to enjoy all of the benefits of walking and running with none of the drawbacks. But which treadmill should you buy?
Treadmills come in all shapes, sizes, and price brackets. Horizon T101 Treadmill is a compact, budget-friendly treadmill that is perfect for home use.
Horizon T101 Treadmill Review
Horizon Fitness T101
- 3-Zone variable response cushioning
- Feather light folding
- Bluetooth enabled
- Built-in speakers, energy saver mode, fan, tablet rack, water bottle holder
- 10 speed keys & 10 incline keys, quick program keys, Durable, 2.5 CHP motor runs at lower RPMs to minimize noise and increase efficiency
Who is Horizon Fitness?
Horizon Fitness has been making exercise equipment for over 35 years. They are an American company, based in Maddison, Wisconsin. However, their treadmills are manufactured in Taiwan. Horizon Fitness also makes a variety of exercise equipment, including treadmills, elliptical, exercise bikes, rowers, and workout accessories.
Some treadmills are so packed with features that using one can become a complicated, time-consuming process. In addition, all those features add to the cost of your machine. In some cases, many of the features are unnecessary and offer no real advantages.
The Horizon T101 Treadmill is a fairly basic product, but it still does everything a good treadmill should. The main features are:
- Three-zone adjustable running deck – some runners prefer a firmer running surface, while others like things a little softer. The firmness of the Horizon T101 Treadmill’s running deck is customizable, and it’s also divided into three zones – landing, transition, and push-off. This provides the ideal amount of cushioning and support for safer, more comfortable workouts.
- 2.5 HP motor – this is not an especially big motor, but it’s more than big enough for walking and jogging. Small motors are lighter and cheaper than more powerful motors and ideal for home use treadmills. They also use less power, which means they are better for the environment and your electricity bill!
- Bluetooth connectivity – link your music player to your Horizon T101 Treadmill for ease and convenience. There is also a rapid charge USB port to keep your device fully powered. Unfortunately, there is no way to link a wireless heart rate monitor strap with the T101.
- Built-in speakers – powered by Bluetooth, the speakers are ideal for anyone who prefers not to wear headphones.
- Cooling fan – getting a bit hot under the collar? No problem! The Horizon T101 Treadmill has a built-in fan to keep you cool while you exercise.
- Water bottle holder – stay hydrated while you exercise without having to stop to drink. Place a water bottle in one of the two easy-to-reach holders.
- Device holder and media tray – don’t risk dropping your phone or tablet. Place them in the secure built-in holders to keep them safe. Your devices will hold firm even while you run.
- Dual-grip heart rate monitoring – grip and hold the special panels to make sure you are exercising at the right level of intensity. No chest strap required.
- Built-in exercise programs – need motivation to work out? Just use one of the Horizon T101 Treadmill’s 30 built-in programs, which automatically adjust workout speed and incline. There are time, distance, and calorie targeted programs, as well as manual, interval, and weight loss workouts.
- Foldable – treadmills are big workout machines that take a lot of space in your home or garage. The Horizon T101 Treadmill folds upright for easy storage. The fold assist mechanism makes putting your treadmill away after use a breeze!
- 0.5 to 10 mph speed range – this treadmill is ideal for walkers and joggers. 10 mph is not fast enough for serious runners, but then most serious runners tend to exercise outdoors anyway. The very slow start speed means this treadmill is suitable for less-fit exercisers, the elderly, and those recovering from injury.
- 0 to 10% incline – walking uphill is an excellent way to increase workout intensity without resorting to running. 10% is pretty steep and should be enough for most intermediate exercisers.
The Horizon T101 is a compact treadmill designed specifically for home use. It’s dimensions, and other important specifications are:
- Running area – 20” x 55”
- Footprint – 70” long x 34” wide x 55” high
- Weight capacity – 300 lbs.
- Weight – 165 lbs.
- 5” yellow-green LCD display
The Horizon T101 Treadmill’s computer might not be the most advanced available. However, it still has some handy features and functions that will ensure you get the most from each and every workout. They include:
- 30 customizable workout programs
- Manual/quick start setting
- Time, speed, and incline display
- 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, and 1000 step goal settings
- 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 calorie goal settings
- 1 mile, 2 miles, 5k, 5 miles, 10k, 8 miles, 15k, 10 miles, 20k, and half marathon distance goal settings
- Intervals, speed, and endurance programs
The computer is straightforward to use, and all of the essential functions are accessible by pressing dedicated hotkeys. The display is only 4.5,” but it’s backlit, high contrast, and easy to read.
Ease of Use
The Horizon T101 Treadmill is very easy to use. This is because it doesn’t have a vast number of functions to navigate. Most of the critical functions are available at the press of a single button, and the programs are all easy to customize based on your fitness. The display is bright and straightforward to read. This means it’s an ideal treadmill for anyone who wants a no-frills but still enjoyable to use treadmill.
The T101 might not be the most technologically advanced treadmill available, but that helps keep the price down. It also means you don’t need a degree in computer engineering to use it!
The Horizon T101 Treadmill requires some assembly before use. While not especially tricky, reviewers report that setting this treadmill up can take around two hours and is much easier with two people. Once installed, the Horizon T101 Treadmill is not that easy to move, so you should put it together in the room you intend to use it in. This will need to be near an appropriate power outlet.
The Horizon T101 Treadmill has a good warranty considering its competitive price:
- Frame: Lifetime
- Motor: Lifetime
- Parts: 1 Year
- Labor: 1 Year
Conclusion: Is the Horizon T101 Treadmill Worth It?
The Horizon T101 Treadmill is a budget-friendly treadmill that is ideal for home use. It might not have all the bells and whistles of other treadmills, but that’s reflected in the competitive price. However, for home exercisers looking for an easy-access treadmill for walking and jogging, this machine is hard to beat.
The variable firmness deck means the Horizon T101 Treadmill is comfortable to use, even during long workouts. It should also reduce your risk of injury.
The 2.5 HP motor, 10 mph top speed, and 10% incline function all mean that the Horizon T101 Treadmill is best for beginner and intermediate exercisers. It’s probably not fast or powerful enough for advanced users.
The Horizon T101 Treadmill won’t take up much space in your home, and you can even fold it up and out the way when it’s not in use. This is a handy feature if you don’t have a lot of space free, but still want a treadmill for home use.
In conclusion, the Horizon T101 Treadmill is an excellent treadmill for walking and jogging, but not quite big enough for serious running. If you are looking for a home use treadmill that won’t break the bank, this machine is a very worthy contender. Not convinced? We’ve also compiled detailed reviews of the best treadmills available.
Check out our ratings of this treadmill to help decide if it's the right one for your needs.