Brain Powher is a nootropic designed to help you access your full cognitive potential. In real terms, that means better mental clarity, quicker processing, higher focus and concentration, and improved productivity. Sounds great, right?
And in case you’re wondering “what is a nootropic?” here’s a bit of clarification.
A nootropic is a type of supplement designed to improve executive function in the areas outlined above. They often contain vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts with noted effects on cognitive function. The term ‘supplement’ is important: It is a reminder that you should take alongside a healthy lifestyle, and that their claimed effects will be more likely in such settings.
What Ingredients are in Brain Powher?
The Brain Powher formula contains twelve ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, and plant extracts. All of the ingredients are naturally occurring, and each has a noted impact on cognitive function.
Here’s what you’ll find in each capsule of Brain Powher:
🔖 Main ingredients
When it comes to nootropics, you can expect to find ingredients that help with the following things:
- Better recall.
- Better mental acuity.
- Better focus and concentration.
- Quicker mental processing.
Straight off the bat, we can say that the Brain Powher formula delivers on each point.
- Thiamin – Contributes to normal psychological function, which means things like recall, processing, and concentration)—also involved in the production of neurotransmitters and quicker nerve signals.
- Niacin – Reduces tiredness and fatigue for greater alertness, and complements thiamin’s contributions to psychological function.
- Vitamin B6 – Used by the body in the production of serotonin and norepinephrine, two key neurotransmitters involved in mood regulation.
- Folate – Studied widely for its potential impacts on mental clarity, alertness, and mood regulation—another contributor to regular psychological function.
- Vitamin B12 – Thought to boost recall, improve concentration, and enhance alertness and attention.
- Magnesium – People with depression often have a magnesium deficiency, so there is interest in its ability to aid good mood. Also studied for its effects on concentration, mental clarity, and recall.
- Ashwagandha extract – A herbal extract that has been used by Ayurvedic medicine for generations as a calming and stress-relieving treatment. Scientists have linked this extract to reductions in the stress hormone cortisol.
- Citicholine – Studied widely for possible benefits in cognition and mood regulation, as well as possible involvement in the production of cellular structures in the brain.
- Lion’s Mane mushroom – Scientists are interested in the role of this natural extract in neuroplasticity – a process thought to allow the brain to repair and regenerate its cells.
- Bacopa Monnieri extract – Ayurvedic medicine is a big fan of Bacopa Monnieri, too. Used for enhancing attention, recall, and information retention. Scientific studies are aiming to replicate these effects.
- Ginkgo Biloba extract – Another ingredient that Western science is studying to cement the long-known traditional outcomes. Ginkgo Biloba is thought to enhance brain function, wellbeing, and cognitive performance.
- Natural caffeine – Known around the world as a reliable source of alertness and energy, with these effects now underpinned by a scientific link to higher neurotransmitter levels.
It’s worth noting that everything in the formula is natural and transparent. No nasty chemicals, no suspicious blends that hide what you’re actually taking into your body. We consider this to be a good sign.
Here’s the full ingredients list, taken from the Brain Powher website:
How does Brain Powher work?
Brain Powher comes in capsules that dissolve in your digestive system, releasing the ingredients into your bloodstream. They’re then circulated in your body and used in processes like cell repair, creation of neurotransmitters, and more.
As a nootropic, Brain Powher works by increasing the levels of chemicals linked with processes that enhance attention, recall, mental acuity, focus, and concentration. Because many of these processes centre on the brain, nootropics – including Brain Powher – often seek to bolster the production of neurotransmitters. These are chemicals used by the brain to allow transmission of information between neurons: More neurotransmitters is thought to mean quicker – and more efficient – transfer.
Different neurotransmitters are involved in different neural pathways. Some of the ingredients in Brain Powher are precursors to serotonin – meaning the body uses them in its construction. Serotonin has links with happiness and positive mood – itself a precursor for higher mental acuity and performance.
Other ingredients in Brain Powher look to reduce your stress levels: Another critical factor in enhancing mental performance. Plant extracts linked to reductions in serotonin are of great interest in nootropics because they are thought to be a natural way of calming down.
And finally, Brain Powher includes ingredients linked to neuroplasticity and cell repair. Neuroplasticity is the process through which the brain is thought to restructure itself based on the information it receives. Studies have found that our brain can remodel itself; for example, after years of meditation, some study participants were found to have smaller amygdalas (an area of the brain linked with fight-or-flight reflexes).
By facilitating the repair of existing brain cells and the creation of new brain cells, nootropics aim to help your brain stay healthy.
You can stack it
Brain Powher is just one of four supplements on offer from Powher, all designed to be safely taken together. So if you’re looking to turbo-boost your workout, burn fat, and get better sleep, take a look at the Powher Pre-Workout, the Powher Fat Burner for Women, and Powher Down.
How to take Brain Powher
You should have two capsules before breakfast, washed down with a glass of water. If you tolerate this dose well, you can up the dose by taking another two in the early afternoon.
You must not exceed four capsules in any 24 hour period.
Does Brain Powher work?
Yes, this supplement contains ingredients whose effects are widely studied and linked to improvements in cognitive performance. As a blend of stimulants and adaptogens, Brain Powher looks to support your psychological functions from two angles.
Adaptogens are herbal extracts thought to reduce stress, both by reducing the chemicals associated with stress in your body and by helping you to feel calmer. Stimulants are chemicals which arouse your nervous system to provide feelings of energy and invigoration. Caffeine is the most famous example: That buzz after you have a strong cup of coffee is a stimulant hit and is linked to all sorts of positive impacts on alertness, focus, and concentration.
By claiming to support your natural psychological function, assist in the production of neurotransmitters, and encourage neuroplasticity and brain cell repair, Brain Powher is well positioned amongst nootropics to deliver the benefits expected of this category of supplement.
The Powher supplement range is popular, being described as “fantastic,” “awesome,” “great”, and more. Although this is their first foray into nootropics, their other supplements – a pre-workout, a fat burner, and a sleep aid – have attracted a dedicated customer base.
Brain Powher benefits and advantages
Here’s a nice short-and-sweet summary of Brain Powher’s strong points:
💚 Helps to unlock your full cognitive potential – We live in a fast-paced world, and Brain Powher is designed to help you keep up.
💚 Supports normal psychological function – Ingredients help your body’s natural psychological processes, including recall, retention, mental performance, and more.
💚 Aids recall and mental processing- Precursor ingredients promote creation of serotonin, norepinephrine, and other neurotransmitters.
💚 Reduces stress and increase alertness – Thanks to adaptogens and stimulants in the formula.
💚 Formula rooted in science – All ingredients are widely studied for their impact, even those with roots in traditional medicine.
💚 Transparent ingredient list – All ingredient quantities are shown in full, so you know exactly what’s entering your body.
💚 Easy to take – Just two capsules a day (or four if you like), meaning no pressure on your routine.
Brain Powher disadvantages and drawbacks
And here’s a couple of things we’re not so hot on:
💔 It costs a bit more than other nootropics – You can get cheaper nootropics out there, although Brain Powher seems to punch above some of the others.
💔 Not many reviews yet – Brain Powher is new on the market, so not many people have reviewed it at time of writing. We’d like to see a few more to get an idea of people’s experiences.
If you’re looking for a nootropic supplement to improve mental performance – in areas like recall, attention, focus, and concentration – then Brain Powher is a good option. It contains natural ingredients that support psychological performance from various angles, all underpinned by scientific studies.
Although it’s new on the market, Brain Powher is already attracting attention thanks to its all-natural formula, its scientific grounding, and its expansive ingredient list that shows a good understanding of your body’s psychology and neurochemistry.
Based on the reception of other supplements in the Powher range, we’re confident that Brain Powher will deliver results.
Deciding if Brain Powher is the perfect nootropic is easy with our detailed review & ratings.