12 Best Zumba Shoes for 2021 – (Ratings & Reviews)
Asking someone “what is Zumba like?” may be cause for a pause. There is no set rule on what kind of music is played during Zumba. It could be anything from music that makes you merengue to belly dance to Milly Rock.
Traditionally, it is intended to be routines to the beats of Latin music, but as with various fitness classes, it all depends on the instructor. Dancing along with your best Zumba shoes on, the choreography routinely zooms in on your core, glutes, and legs.
In addition to Zumba being a fun and leg-strengthening workout, it also passes the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggestion for moderate-intensity or vigorous-intensity activity 150 minutes in a week (1). (Note: If you can talk but not sing, it’s moderate intensity. If you cannot say more than a few words without pausing for a breath, it’s vigorous intensity.)
And while the intensity, choreography, and music may vary, all Zumba instructors and students can agree on one fact: Zumba dance-shoes should be comfortable, stable and strong.
Best Zumba Shoes
Zumba Women's Street Boss
- PERFORMANCE WORKOUT SHOES: Lightweight, high top sneakers for women feature shock absorbing midsole for great mid arch support and additional protection; these womens gym shoes have Z-Slide technology for maximum ankle mobility and natural range of motion
- APPLICATIONS: You can use our Zumba shoes as gym shoes for women, walking shoes for women or as fashion sneakers women; mens trainers are also available; you can also get these sport trainers womens in many colors like ladies shoes black and white shoes
- FASHIONABLE VARIATION: These sleek womens sneakers offer you a bold stylish display of fashion wherever you go; choose from exciting solid color women shoes to amazing wide width cross trainer shoes to fit your Zumba fitness trendy athletic womens clothes
- HOW TO WEAR IT: You can wear these shoes women with any of your favorite gym clothes and mesh top; get matching Zumba workout clothes - sports leggings, workout leggings women, gym top or tummy control pants as you dance with your best workout outfit
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If you're not completely satisfied with your fashion trainer athletic shoes at any time or reason, we will give you a full refund; post a question here and we will follow up to make sure your shopping experience is amazing
Founded in 2001, Zumba Wear is the largest fitness brand worldwide. And with that notoriety comes their creative approach to making shoes with bold prints and bright colors that fit the zest of such a fun, high-energy dance-fitness class.
- Z-slide technology for gliding on any surface
- Shock absorbing midsole
- High rebound polyurethane removable insole
These Zumba shoes come in bright colors such as yellow, “basic” pink and pink, in addition to tamer colors such as “basic” black, black and silver.
According to Zumba, these shoes are suitable for casual walking, fashion, indoor/outdoor activity, traveling, aerobics exercise, and of course dance-fitness too. With the Z-slide technology, they are easy to slide on.
However, because of the narrow high-top mold of the Zumba shoes, they do not easily slip off unless intended to.
- No need for dance-socks
- Mid-arch support
- Intended for comfortable-dancing
- Replaceable with various insoles
- May be narrow on some foot sizes so try on before purchasing
With the mid-arch support for healthy ankles and feet, the bright and fashionable Zumba Wear shoes are a perfect fit for your eye-catching aerobic attire.
Low Profile Unisex
- Made by Very Fine Shoes - SN012.
- Full length professional midsole provides durable, lightweight cushioning.
- Construction: Combination synthetic mesh and suede upper, PU outsole, air cushion heel.
- Split Sole.
- Women Order Your Street Shoe Size, Men Order A Size and a Half Larger.
These DanceNwear’s are perfect for everything from twirling in Zumba to line dancing.
- Suede upper material
- Rubber sole
- Full-length professional midsole cushioning
- Combination synthetic mesh
- polyurethane removable outsole
- Air cushion heel
While athletic shoes are intended to be sturdy and weather-resistant, finding shoes that have a turning spot on the ball of the shoe may be hard to come by.
Because of the spinning, squatting and toe-tapping involved in Zumba, these low-tops are both lightweight and made to help avoid knee injuries. When your feet turn, your knees get a break too.
- Turn spot on the ball for easier spinning
- While women can order their “street” shoe size, men should try the shoes on first. They may have to order ones that are 1.5 sizes larger.
With color variations in pink, red, white, orange, black and white, the DanceNwear full-length professional shoes can be subtle enough for everyday attire or the main attraction when you step onto the gym dance-floor.
- Dri-lex lining is non-wrinkling breathable and odor/mildew resistant
- Non-marking split sole
These Amalgam’s from Block is the result of renowned footwear for ballet dancers. However, these breathable, bendable shoes are also suitable for other forms of dancing.
- Canvas and mesh material
- Rubber sole
- ¼ inch heel
- Dri-lex lining
- Non-wrinkling, breathable material
- Odor/mildew resistant
Many times people buy shoes for physical appearance or marketable characteristics. But the inspiration that made Jacob Bloch, a pioneer in technical-dance, create pointe shoes in Australia is worth paying extra attention to.
While reportedly noticing a ballet dancer having trouble staying en pointe, he decided to create a better shoe. Russian ballet dancers took notice, and his shoes started selling all across Australia. While they’re initially intended for ballet moves, they are also suitable for the bending and turning involved in Zumba.
- Made for ballet but grip works for Zumba
- Bottom surface compatible with hardwood floors
- May need to order one inch bigger
With the original intention of creating ballet shoes, Bloch has used his experiences to create mainstream footwear that is ready for the street or the dance-floor. Here’s your opportunity to check out the foot health perks.
Zumba Women's Court Flow
- Breathable mesh for a soft and flexible fit
- Cushioned sole for impact protection
- Z-slide technology lets you slide easily on any surface
In black, green and pink or purple, blue and green, these from Zumba Court Flow on their own are fashionable and flexible.
- 61 percent mesh
- 39 percent synthetic
- Rubber sole
- Breathable mesh
- Z-slide technology
While some Zumba shoes are made with the tongue and top of the shoe as one piece of material, this particular shoe separates the two in the same manner most shoes do.
However, the breathable mesh along the front and sides is what makes this shoe stand out from others. With synthetic and mesh material, plus a rubber sole, this shoe is perfect for sliding into and onto the dance-floor.
- Soft fit
- Cushioned sofa for impact protection
- Needs extra arch support
While the rubber bottom is perfect for a sturdy hop up and down, the rest of the zumba shoe is flexible and comfortable enough on tippy toes to turns.
Sansha Salsette 1 Jazz Sneaker
- Please use size conversion provided in drop down menu to assist with choosing your "Sansha" size; shoe may come with incorrect size conversion on label
- Quick drying, highly breathable synthetic mesh upper delivers comfort and breath-ability
Frank Raoul-Duval, a 25-year-old Frenchman, created a split-sole ballet slipper that was a hit for ballerinas. While his initial inspiration may have been ballet dancers, his Sansha Salsette shoes also proved to be a success for dancers interested in flamenco, jazz, hip-hop, ballroom and tap.
- Suede and mesh material
- Suede sole
- ½ inch heels
Although suede can be difficult to keep clean, in this case, the suede on the bottom of the shoe creates a grip to avoid sliding awkwardly while dancing.
With noticeable comfort and breathability, this shoe bends and holds where it needs to in order to do each move. Also available in color variations of purple, red, pink and white, they’re also subtle enough to be worn with street clothing without outshining the outfit.
- Breathable material
- Delivers comfort
- Suede intended for smoother transitions
- May need to try on in person for the correct “Sansha” size
Finding supportive dance-shoes that aren’t clunky can be quite a task. But the material and cushioning on the Sansha Salsette shoes are a perfect combination to achieve both goals at once.
Reebok Women's Guresu 1.0
- Forefoot flex grooves
- Mid-cut design
- EVA midsole
- Bootie construction
Although Reebok is known for its street shoes, running shoes sometimes cross along the lines of dancing shoes. While running ones are intended to help create a comfortable-fit for leaping forward, there are some that have flexible grooves along the sides for moving side by side.
- Synthetic and textile material
- Rubber sole
- Flex grooves
- Mid-cut design
- Ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole
- Bootie construction
When choosing sneakers for Zumba, pay attention to the side padding (or lack of padding). In the case of these shoes, they’re made to keep the foot in place.
This makes the mid-cut design suitable for walking and running, as well as the kind of high-intensity moves that are introduced during Zumba.
The pivot point on the rubber sole helps the shoes remain steady so they don’t slip but flexible enough to turn. It may be odd to see the stretchy, elastic band, but it leaves room for your toes to do what they choose.
- Pivot point in rubber sole helps improve turning
- Maybe off-putting to those who are not used to visibly seeing toe movement in shoes
These Reebok’s are available in 15 different colors, there are plenty of options to choose from for that next Zumba choreography routine.
- Extra cushioning, true size, and great support.
- Split Sole, upper synthetic leather and mesh.
- Perfect for your favorite Dance or Dance Fitness Class!
- Super Lightweight!
There is nothing subtle about a shoe that is bright orange, but neither is dancing. These lightweight shoes from Nene’s Collection may look heavier than they actually are, but put them on and dance about to prove things aren’t always how they appear.
- Fabric and synthetic material
- Extra cushioning
- Split sole
- Upper synthetic leather and mesh
In some of its brightest colors, this Nene’s Collection shoe was created for maximum flexibility. Zumba already helps to tone legs and calves, and these shoes give those calves an extra boost.
The soles are a happy medium between smooth enough to dance on and avoid the shoe sticking to the floor.
Even better, the shoes were designed by a Zumba fitness instructor to test them out in real-time to make sure the apparel was suitable for a real class.
- Great foot support
- Won’t stick to floor
- Maybe too slippery, depending on the choreography
- Test in person to make sure it’s the right size
While athletic shoes can often be used for Zumba, a shoe that’s been tested by a Zumba instructor adds a little extra credibility. While every instructor is different, it helps that Nene’s Collection found an expert in this particular dance area.
Capezio Women's DS11 Fierce Dansneaker
- Color of insole of the shoes may vary
- This shoe runs approximately 1 size smaller than street shoe size
- Superior arch support and Achilles notch for comfort
- Non-marking PU outsole with built-in patented flex points
- Two sets of laces included - matching and black
These specialized numbers by Capezio are lightweight. In addition, they’re ideal for aerobics, Zumba and other fitness classes.
- Imported synthetic sole
- 1-inch heel
- Achilles notch for comfort
- Two sets of shoelaces included
- Built-in patented flex points
- Forepart spin spot
- Polyurethane leather
- Padded tongue and lining
- Contoured, cushioned, removable ethyl vinyl acetate footbed
- Polyester cotton laces with sport lace system
The tech mesh gives dancers the ability to spin much easier. The built-in patented flex points and forepart spin spot make dancing smoother, easier but still safe enough to avoid falling.
With a cushioned Achilles notch and a footbed, these shoes provide ideal comfort. Capezio Fierce Dansneaker is also an expert in dance and apparel, with 130 years in the performance business.
- Easy for toe stands
- Premium arch support
- Shoe runs one size smaller than street shoes so you must try them in person
With 130 years in the performance-making business, Capezio works closely with dancers to balance performing their best performances while making sure the shoes are still comfortable.
- Very Fine Shoes Dance Sneakers Series SN016. (We suggest ordering a 1/2 size larger and men order 2 1/2 sizes larger.)
- Fully built in arch support & elevation for maximum comfort & feel.
- Super lightweight materials and an extensive range of custom designed features to meet the performance needs of the serious dancer.
- Full length professional midsole provides durable, lightweight cushioning.
- Construction: Combination synthetic mesh and suede upper, PU outsole. Split sole.
There are no guessing games involved in identifying why these Very Fine shoes were created. There’s even a couple along the side of each shoe in a dancing pose.
- Fully built-in arch support
- Super lightweight materials
- Full-length professional midsole
- Combination synthetic mesh and suede upper material
- Polyurethane outsole
In addition to the dancing couple clearly defining what the purpose of the shoe is, the built-in arch support and lightweight-material confirm that the show is not just meant to be pretty. It’s also meant to be worth it for design purposes.
- Elevation for maximum comfort
- Durable, lightweight cushioning
- May run small, try on before purchasing
Take a cue from the couple on the side. Slide, pivot and pose with the “very fine” Zumba choreography and music.
- PERFORMANCE WORKOUT SHOES: Lightweight, low top shoes for women feature shock absorbing midsole for great mid arch support insoles and additional protection; these dance shoes have Z-Slide technology for maximum ankle mobility and natural range of motion
- APPLICATIONS: You can use our Zumba shoes as gym shoes for women, walking shoes for women or as casual sneakers; mens sneakers are also available; you can also get the dance shoes for women in many colors including black sneakers for women and green shade
- FASHIONABLE VARIATION: These sleek womens sneakers offer you a bold stylish display of fashion wherever you go; choose from exciting solid color women shoes to amazing wide width shoes for women to fit your zumba fitness trendy athletic wear for women
- HOW TO WEAR IT: You can wear these womens shoes with any of your favorite tops or athletic tees; get matching Zumba workout clothes for women - gym clothes for women, black top, workout tops for women as you hit the dance floor with a best workout outfit
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If you're not completely satisfied with your Zumba Fly Fusion womens athletic shoes at any time or reason, we will give you a full refund; post a question here and we will follow up to make sure your shopping experience is amazing
There’s no question about where you’re going with these shoes on. The name “Zumba” is right on the shoe, and it is by no accident that the fitness company Zumba intended to do this.
- Imported leather and textile material
- Rubber sole
- Compression-molded ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole for lightweight-cushioning
- Elastic mesh on the upper part of the shoe
- Dominant three color variations in green, red and black
These shoes are suitable for casual walking, dancing, fashionable outfits, gym workouts, indoor/outdoor activities and traveling. However, they are intended for Zumba.
Comfort is a priority with these shoes, with the help of EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning and elastic mesh on the upper part of the shoes. However, they’re sturdy enough to keep the foot from sliding back and forth with the help of the tongue and top of the shoe being one and the same.
Initially, that may make the shoes slightly more difficult to put on when they’re new, but with as much jumping and twirling involved in Zumba, these is useful for foot stability.
- Easily glide on soft or hard surfaces
- Molded mid-foot overlays for enhanced support
- Comfortable enough to be socks
- Tongue of shoe is attached to top so may be less flexible than other shoes
Dancing in socks may be a fun way to dance. But the harder the jumps and the faster the turns, the more likely Zumba shoes must make the material so feet (or ankles) stay in place in the shoes.
- Split PU sole and spin tread
- Integrated gel padding for shock absorption.
- Breathable quick dry knit mesh upper
- Great for zumba and exercise dance
While athletic shoes certainly have a large variety of bright colors and reflective designs, some of them (including Zumba shoes) don’t have to be visible from a block away. Although the “Rumpf” in this shoe is pretty noticeable, the remainder of the shoe is reasonably tame.
- Split polyurethane sole
- Block mesh for foot shaping
- Integrated gel padding for shock absorption
- Quick, dry knit upper mesh
With a website motto of “we make you dance,” these black and pink shoes certainly plan to make you feel comfortable. With a split sole, block mesh, foot shaping, integrated gel padding, and shock absorption, they’re prepared for all of your finest footwork.
With a special leaning toward dance-theatre and stage performances, Rumpf understands how important it is for entertainers and dancers to be comfortable while they practice choreography.
- Fits snugly
- Arguably may need more shock absorbency for higher-intensity routines
While this brand may not be as popular as other shoe and dancewear brands, Rumpf has been around and dressing the dance-community for more than 50 years. Even if you’re not a professional dancer, there’s no reason why you can’t “walk” like one in these shoes.
SUNROLAN Women's Fashion
- Breathable and lightweight Knit upper make the shoes wear more comfortable.
- Fashionable and comfortable: Light EVA outsole and Soft lining make a comfortable fit. Rubber outsole provides superior slip resistance.
- Cushioned insole and breathable lining give you exceptional support and optimize the unique properties of every touch and push.
- Designed for use with any style of dance including: BALLROOM DANCE, SALSA, SWING, SAMBA, HIP HOP, MODERN, LINE, ZUMBA, LATIN, BREAKDANCING, TWIST, FITNESS and AEROBICS.
- BETTER FOR KNEES AND HIPS - The nylon/poly blend of the dancing shoes make them slippery, so you are able to twist and turn more easily on both carpeted and hard floor, without causing strain to your ankles, knees and hips.
Some shoe advertisements say shoes are “soft,” and you have to take their word for it. But these black and pink shoes by Sunrolan look sweater soft from the first glance. With fabric and synthetic material, these shoes are fashionable, comfortable and supportive.
- Fabric and synthetic material
- Upper knitting
- Light ethyl vinyl acetate outsole
- Soft lining
- Rubber outsole
- Cushioned insole
- Breathable lining
Although these are running and walking shoes, they’re also suitable shoes for dance-fitness, including aerobics, ballroom, breakdancing, hip-hop, line, modern, Latin, salsa, samba, swing and fitness.
With upper knitting, soft lining and cushioned insole, these shoes are comfortable and lined for durability needed for high-intensity workouts.
- Slip resistance
- Exceptional support
- White rubber soles may need additional cleaning to keep “new” appearance
Whether you’re on a hardwood floor or carpet, this nylon/polyester blend is a surefire way to master the moves without risk of slipping. And with the help of the Sunrolan’s lining, there’s nearly no strain on your hips, knees, and ankles.
How dance fitness is helping people from all walks of life
Fitness has many layers, including physical and mental health. Fitness-apparel also has a few layers; it’s not just fashionable but must be durable. So how do the two work together when it comes to health perks, dance-fitness, and Zumba?
According to the Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (via a Harvard University post (2)), “the primary motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease include bradykinesia (slowed movement), stiffness of the limbs and trunk, tremors, and impaired balance and coordination.”
Dance may help alleviate these physical issues. Not only that, but dancing reportedly also helps people with Parkinson’s speak and walk better if done so on a steady, rhythmic cue.
Diabetics may find their sugar rates are lower when they engage in dancing (3). This is in addition to the perks of losing weight and building muscle. And there are some people who prefer dance therapy over traditional (verbal) therapy to release tension (4).
Whether it’s high intensity like Zumba or more precise and slow (such as Tai Chi), it works. There are countless other examples of how dance-fitness such as Zumba helps those with and without motor health issues.
Why shoe quality matters as much as dance fitness health perks
However, Zumba itself is not an end-all, cure-all for physical and mental concerns. It has a lot of high-impact moves that can directly influence hormones while loosening up your joints. The biggest perks of Zumba may be the downside for some, so make sure to check with a professional health expert if you have any concerns regarding taking this class.
Because it is so high impact, twists, jumps, slides, and squats this workout can be especially hard on those who have had sprained ankles, back pain, arthritis or knee problems. Does that mean only people at top-notch physical health should take Zumba class? As the examples above prove, no, dancing is a means to improvement for a diverse group of people.
What it means is that in order to take on this high-impact class, or any high-intensity workout, proper sports apparel becomes especially important to properly enjoy the physical and mental perks of Zumba workouts.
Advantages of wearing good Zumba shoes
Comfort, grip, durability and quality material are absolutely necessary when shopping for the best shoes for Zumba (Finding shoes that are easy to clean also helps because you’ll want to wear them longer, but these other four factors are higher priorities). No matter the reason you’re taking Zumba, your feet need to matter the most.
They’re in charge of holding your body weight while you stand, run, walk and jump your way into a gym to even take the class.
Become familiar with the arch of your feet so you can buy the best Zumba shoes to support flat feet or high-arch feet (i.e., “Barbie” doll feet) (5). Quality dancing (along with basketball, tennis and similar sports) shoes keep lateral movement in mind when it comes to cushioning and comfort. The material along the inner sides of the shoe are as significant as the outer layer.
However, running shoes (and other sports that focus on moving forward) focus on cushioning and productivity that helps a person’s feet push forward. This is why wearing running shoes for dancing class or tennis shoes for jogging may not work. While they all may look like comfortable shoes, be aware of how they feel when moving.
Putting shoe manufacturers to the test
Before purchasing those shoes, pay attention to the features of the shoes to see what activities the manufacturer(s) created them for. And if your feet (or ankles) start to feel uncomfortable while dancing, switch shoes immediately. Because the longer you wear uncomfortable shoes–even if they are athletic shoes–the more harm you may do to your legs, feet, and ankles later.
While it certainly doesn’t hurt to find athletic shoes that are stylish, foot and ankle health are a top priority. Shoemakers know this when creating their products. They’re also aware that everyone’s body is different. Buy the best shoes for your Zumba needs. Don’t forget to visit our homepage for all your fitness needs!
- CDC. 2020. Measuring Physical Activity Intensity
- Scott Edward. 2020. Dancing and the Brain
- Jodi Helmer. 2018. Zumba. https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/a-z/zumba-workouts
- Christina Ianzito. The Healing Powers of Dance. https://www.aarp.org/health/fitness/info-03-2011/dance-for-health.html
- Nina Bahadu
Having the best zumba shoes could literally be a life saver! Read through our top recommendations before making a purchase.