Top 11 Best Winter Running Tights
Serious runners know that no matter the weather, getting a few miles in regularly is important in maintaining form, stamina and to make steady progress. During the winter, wearing the proper gear can make runs comfortable and it easier to maintain pace and distance. Winter running tights are a staple to stay warm and be able to move freely. Covering legs with exercise friendly pants or tights helps to protect the skin from harsh winter conditions such as wind, rain or snow. Winter running tights can be worn underneath clothes or by themselves depending on your needs, comfort and the temperature.
Different winter conditions in various parts of the world mean that your needs for cold protection will vary. In especially cold conditions, thermal tights help to keep body heat close to the skin even while running outdoors. Other places have more mild climates that require lighter fabrics. This list of winter running tights for men includes options that are appropriate for runners in different climates.
Best Winter Running Tights
Tights for Winter Running
This list contains compression and regular tights. Some purported benefits of compression running tights is that it is therapeutic to the muscles and skin while running. The skin tight fit is supposed to help boost circulation and this might help runners to stay warm during the wintertime.
Cold weather compression pants have a soft brushed inner layer that provides a way for the body to stay warmer and to lock in body temperature.
Thermal tights will help to provide additional heat saving benefits, more than regular compression tights. It has an extra layer
The first two types of running tights are for the runner who wants a well known brand trusted by athletes of all kinds. These are best sellers for a reason– the quality and dependability of these tights mean that you’ll get a quality product designed with athletes in mind.
Some runners in colder temperatures rely on compression tights to deliver reliable and quality coverage during the winter. These tights are thought to help conserve body heat by hugging tight to the skin and supporting muscle movement. Compression tights help to reduce the movement of muscles and helps to prevent from losing body heat.
Many popular tights for the winter are compression tight because it is a high tech way to help a pair of tights stand out as a pair that is great for running. Compression tights are good to wear as a base layer. Some may be thick enough to wear on their own, while others you can slip on under your favorite pair of running pants or shorts.
Compression pants are made to be able to replace thigh sleeves or calf sleeves. These make them ideal for the serious athlete that require extra support for increased endurance.
Thermal tights are made for runners and athletes in the coldest temperatures. The fabrics are thicker and air flow is limited so body heat stays close to the body. Thermal tights make cold weather hikes, walks or runs more bearable and keeps the whole body warm.
The North Face Warm Tight
- Warm, moisture-wicking baselayer tights with stretch
- Next-to-skin fit
- Elastic logo waist
- Flat-locked seams
- Ankle length
The North Face Warm Tights are designed to be a baselayer. They are warm tights that have moisture wicking properties that will help runners to stay cozy.
- Black, full length tights to be worn as a baselayer
- For Low to medium intensity activities in the cold, like light walks, short hikes or jogs
- Next to skin fit that grazes the skin
A next to skin fit that isn’t skin tight makes these tights more comfortable for some runners. The elastic waistband is soft so you can focus on running, featuring the iconic North Face logo.
These are designed for a low to medium intensity workout and activities in cold conditions.
Another plus- they are made from anti-odor polyester knit fabric with FlashDry technology that helps to wick moisture from the skin and will help to speed drying time. They are also at a reasonable price point.
- Has a stylish elastic logo
- Lightweight and made out of fabric designed to keep you dry
- Not for vigorous runs or outdoor activities
- Limited color options, only available in black
The North Face Warm Tights are great for athletes of all activity and skill levels, and they are a good addition to any athletic wardrobe.
CompressionZ Women's Compression Pants
- IDEAL COMPRESSION ACTIVEWEAR - Our compression pants and athletic leggings are the perfect solution for all sporting activities and workouts. The tight, snug fit gives support to the entire lower half of your body. When wearing our running leggings or running tights, it's like having a circulatory pump in your thighs and glutes which will give you a performance boost during your workouts!
- IMPROVED EFFICIENCY - The compression tights restrict excessive muscle motion that takes place during running, stretching, cycling or yoga while conserving energy to give you better performance and more endurance. They are the ultimate compression leggings or running pants. No matter what exercise you do, our compression gear will help you be your best!! Who wouldn't like to up their game?
- LESS PAIN, FASTER RECOVERY - The use of compression pants reduces the pain both during and after intense physical activities, allowing you to exercise longer. Improved blood circulation from our compression pants ensures faster recovery and prevents fatigue.
- SMART FABRIC, INCREASED COMFORT - The 4-way stretchable fabric is carefully chosen to ensure maximum comfort - ensures no itching, irritation or chafing. The fabric also wicks away sweat quickly, keeps your skin dry and comfortable and discourages growth of odor causing bacteria. Our fitness clothing is easy to clean and it retains its shape even after several washes. And, the body slimming fit gives you a flattering look and is a welcomed addition to anyone's wardrobe.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - We also offer you 100% money back guarantee to let you buy with confidence; no questions asked. However, we are quite confident that you will love our compression pants and that you will recommend it to many others as well. ORDER NOW and start getting the benefits of exceptional fitness apparel!
For the ladies, the Compression Z tights are a highly rated and affordable compression designed tight that is suitable for running in winter.
- 12 colors to choose from
- Good range of size options
- Compression pants
Stylish enough for everyday wear these tights are also a secret weapon when it comes to muscle recovery! As they are compression leggings you can rest assured that they will stay in place during even the most rigorous workouts and runs.
Another thing is the fabric is moisture wicking and anti-itch. A similar fabric to spandex the material offers support yet doesn’t restrict movement. As compression tights are designed to be very fitting if you prefer a looser fit we recommend sizing up when you order.
Affordable and available in 12 different colors why not purchase a couple of pairs to match different outfits!
- 12 color options
- Compression tights
- Hard to find a fault with these tights
Compression Z tights are a quality set of tights at a very affordable price point. For the ladies looking for a solid pair of winter running tights consider these! You may, however, need to layer up in the very cold climates.
Baleaf Men's Thermal Cycling Tights
- Stretchy, breathable fabric wick sweats away
- Soft fleece inside provides long lasting warmth and comfort
- Reflective elements for visibility in low light
- Leg zippers for easy off and on
- Ideal for cycling, running, skiing and other winter outdoor sports
The Baleaf Men’s Outdoor Thermal Tights are made out of a soft fleece. They are cozy and can be worn on their own.
- Thermal winter running tights
- Two styles, black or black with a pattern
- Warm fleece fabric fabric is comfortable
Comfortable to be worn on their own they are also made out of a breathable and stretchy fabric that helps to wick the fabric away.
These tights have a photo reflective element to help runners to be more visible in low visibility.
Another feature of the Baleaf Men’s Outdoor Thermal Tight is the zippers at the bottom for easy on and off. These are versatile bottoms for many different outdoor sports.
- Leg zippers make it easier to wear the tights
- Photoreflective layer for more visibility early in the morning or late in the day.
- Made for winter sports and running
- Only two color choices
- For especially cold temperatures
Baleaf Men’s Outdoor Thermal Tights are great for athletes who are active in many winter activities
Adidas Men's Techfit Base Long Tights
- 25" inseam (size Medium)
- Climalite fabric sweeps sweat away from skin
- "TECHFIT" on elastic waist; ergonomically shaped gusset for comfort
- UPF 50+ UV protection; printed adidas brandmark on left leg
- Compression fit for support and reduced muscle vibration; ultra-soft and strategically placed flatlock seams for reduced chafing
The Adidas Men’s Techfit Base Long Tights come in more than 14 colors. These can be worn with sports uniforms in the team colors, or in a favorite color.
- Climalite moves sweat and moisture away from the body
- More than 10 colors to choose from
These are called the Techfit, and the fabric it is made out of is made with up to 50+ UV protection. It also has water wicking technology to help the runner to stay warmer by keeping the skin from being too wet from sweat.
The waistband has the Techfit brand name printed on it, as well as the adidas logo, and the gusset is ergonomically designed for comfort. They are made to be compression tights and helps to support muscles and reduces muscle vibration.
- Ergonomically designed
- Made from a blended jersey fabric that is soft and comfortable
- Wetter temperatures and conditions would require an outer layer
- More for cool weather conditions
Adidas Men’s Techfit Base Long Tights are ideal for cool weather walks or runs.
Tesla TM-MUP19-KLB Men's Compression Pants Baselayer
- We recommend ordering ONE size up (Regular Fit)
- Order usual size ( Extreme Compression Fit)
- MUP19 designed for all seasons (Releases heat and wicks moisture with a cooling effect)
- 87% polyester-13% Spandex. Excellent elasticity with enhanced range of motion.
- Non abrasion fabric material with excellent elasticity and durability
The Tesla Men’s Compression Pants are an affordable and quality pair of running tights that would be a reliable underlayer to help to conserve the body temperature. The fabric is soft and designed to be non abrasive.
These tights are good for cooler temperatures, and they are available in an amazing 30 different colors.
The manufacturer recommends to order one size up, because they are form fitting and to ensure a comfortable fit. Another feature of the fabric is that it protects your skin from harmful UV rays, with a UPF rating of 50+.
The Tesla Men’s Compression Pants are designed for support, comfort and form fitting warmth. They offer full coverage and are available in different styles so you can dress in team colors or to match a uniform.
- All season pants
- More than 30 colors
- All season pants
- Affordable and versatile
- SPF protection
- More than 30 colors
- Thinner pants that might not be the best for coldest temperatures
- Sizing is a little off
Tesla Men’s Compression Pants are well suited for the runner looking for flexibility and versatility in their outdoor wear.
Under Armour Men's ColdGear Armour Compression Leggings
- Dual-layer fabric with an ultra-warm, brushed interior & a smooth, fast-drying exterior
- Stretch-mesh gusset & inseam panels provide strategic ventilation
- 4-way stretch construction moves better in every direction
- Material wicks sweat & dries really fast
- Anti-odor technology prevents the growth of odor-causing microbes
The Under Armor Men’s Coldgear Armour Compression Leggings are a polyester and elastane blend. The dual layer fabric is a super warm brushed blend that holds in heat.
- More than 10 colors
- Dual layer technology
With 4 way stretch techology, runners have increased comfort in every direction. This baselayer is made to fit like a second skin, and is supposed to be worn under a top layer.
The gusset has a mesh design that can be more comfortable. Another benefit of these leggings are that they come in 7 different colors, so you can buy more than one and build your wardrobe.
These leggings have anti odor technology and moisture wicking to increase the comfort and durability for an athlete. They are also fast drying.
- Moisture wicking
- Worn as a base layer
- No fly opening
Under Armor Men’s Coldgear leggings are made to be a form fitting way for athletes to stay warm and can be worn for extended periods of time, while still being dry and comfortable to wear.
ASICS Men's Lite-Show Winter Tights
- Brushed knit fabric is soft and warm for enhanced comfort
- Stretch taping with stealth tonal reflective print enhances visibility in low-light conditions
- Zips at lower leg for easy access
- Rear zippered pocket provides secure storage option
- Inseam: 29"
The Asics essentials are a polyester and spandex blend. They are designed to be worn as an outer layer, and function well in outdoor running events.
- Photoreflective tape for 360 visibility in low lighting
- Compression tights with a brushed knit fabric
The bottoms of the pants have a zipper to make putting them on and taking them off much easier.
Another design feature is that there is a back zippered pocket to hold car keys. Stretch taping has a tonal reflective print to help to increase visibility in low lighting positions.
Brushed knit fabric holds body heat close to the body. There are other thermo regulation properties that made these ideal for winter running conditions.
- Zippered pocker and bottoms
- Skin skinning designs
- Only 2 color designs
Asics essentials pants are a go to for daily runs and then doing errands – a great set of casual yet durable pants for laid back runners.
Salomon Men's Trail Runner WS Tight
- Lightweight fabric with WINDSTOPPER front panels remains very light and easy to move in.
- Wind stopper fabric blocks wind without adding weight.
- Flat belt feels great, even under a pack.
- Back Insert: Pa 79%/El 21% Bottom: Inner Shell Pes 100%/Outer Shell Pes 100%
The Salomon Men’s Trail Runner Tights are a promising pair that are good for long wearing during runs or hikes.
- Designed for active wear
- Windblocking full body tights
The stylish design grazes the legs and can be great for layering or worn on their on. Salomon Men’s Trail Runner Tights are designed to be worn as endurance leggings, with wind protection features.
The front of the pants are wind blocking, and the back of them has a flat back that fits well under a pack. An external back pocket is also very handy for runs.
Durable, the fabric of these pants are designed to last. Saloman are leaders in outdoor gear and these tights to not dissapoint.
- Very flexible
- Suitable for cold temperatures even under 20°
- Only one color
The overall design of the Salomon Men’s Trail Runner Tights is lightweight, and helps to cut the cold winter winds.
NIKE Men's Pro Hyperwarm Tight
- Nike Pro Hyperwarm technology combines targeted warmth with sweat-wicking power.
- Engineered mesh for breathable warmth.
- Knit construction gives a soft feel and striped look.
Nike Mens Pro Hyperwarm pants feature an eye catching design complete with the Nike logo. They are available in 5 colors, and are made to be an underlayer for the coldest temperatures.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Form fitting design for wear as an under layer
With special engineering with an athlete’s needs in mind, they are both comfortable to wear and effective in keeping athletes of all kinds warm.
It has a special moisture wicking design that can assist in keeping runners warm during vigorous runs or workouts. Joggers, walkers and runners will appreciate the comfortable and lightweight design.
- Moisture wicking design
- Compression Pants
- Not waterproof
- Mesh might let cold air flow
Nike Mens Pro Hyperwarm pants are for the athlete who want superior warmth in all conditions.
BioSkin Mens Running Tights
- Lightweight, Quick dry, Premium Compressive Material -Lycra/Nylon Blend
- Stays in Place - Perfect compression hugs just right so you don't need to readjust and includes a built in removable drawstring.
- Durable fabric stays looking brand new - no pilling, and does not collect lint or hair
- Large Zipper pocket fits large phones, snack bars, keys or whatever else you need - hold tight with no bounce while you run.
- Reflective details - Zippers and logo on the ankles are reflective for visibility
The BioSkin Men’s Running Tights have a form fitting compressive fabric that hugs the skin closely, making you unlikely to need to readjust them during long distance runs.
- Reflective tape
These tights are unique and well made for devoted runners who are willing to take on colder temperatures.
They include a pocket big enough to hold an iPhone 6 or keys, and zippers at the bottom to help make putting them on and off easier.
The fabric is made to be durable, and even after repeated wears won’t pill or collect lint.
- Unique design
- Italian fabric
- No wind protection
The BioSkin Men’s Running Tights are for the runner who is on the go at work and while working out.
Compression Pants Men's Tight Base Layer Leggings
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPRESSION - A blend of 85% nylon and 15% spandex and similar to our compression shorts, our compression fitness leggings for men offer moisture-wicking support for active lifestyles and help you with daily gym fitness, outdoor hiking, and sports such as golf, jogging, marathons, soccer, yoga, and baseball. Firm compression in our mens athletic pants enhances oxygen and circulation in the legs, reducing lactic acid buildup in muscles and allowing you perform at your peak!
- BOOST ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE - Our mens running pants help reduce muscle fatigue and soreness while performing any physical activity such as sprinting, squatting, lifting, bike riding. By providing proper compression across all muscle groups, our mens base layer can help prevent overexertion, stress and tension across your hips, thighs, shins and calves. They are great when worn as yoga pants, basketball tights, or running pants.
- FLEXIBLE, QUICK DRY DESIGN - Our form-fitting thermal tights baselayer dry quickly ensuring you produce less sweat and odors so you can stay confident in and outside the gym. Our custom design and silk-like feel are a second skin without the worry of possible irritation or chaffing on the insides of your thighs. Made with 4-way stretch fabric, our compression tights are highly absorbent and double as a rashguard, so you can keep your muscles warm while swimming or surfing.
- COLD WEATHER GEAR - Wherever adventure takes you, be it the deep snows for snowboarding or an early morning climb up your favorite hiking trail, our mens leggings are similar to thermal pants. They offer a bit of extra warmth with a base layer that fits under winter pants, hiking pants, or outdoor gear. Our thermals for men will keep you dry in the snow, are ideal for cold weather sports, and feel great under ski or snowboard pants. They are also a comfortable solution for itchy long johns.
- TRUSTED QUALITY & SATISFACTION - CompressionZ running tights and athletic wear is backed by superior durability, as well as unmatched customer service and a return policy you can rely on. Our mens pants come in a wide range of sizes to fit your specific body type. We suggest ordering one size up for a more relaxed fit, but refer to our sizing chart for details.
The CompressionZ tights are made out of nylon and spandex. They’re made to allow a full range of motion for flexibility and comfort.
- Quality leggings in a variety of sizes
- Reduces chaffing
Athletes of all kinds, including cyclists, basketball players or runners can protect their body from the elements during winter conditions.
These affordable and high tech tights deliver quality coverage while warming up or running. They support healthy circulation and supports the body in staying warmer for longer.
- Ideal cold weather gear
- Available in 8 colors
- One layer; might need to layer
- Might support athletic performance
The CompressionZ Tights are for high performing athletes looking to perform well all year long.
Key Information About Winter Running Tights
There are some key points runners should keep in mind while shopping for men’s running tights for winter. Depending on personal style, budget and weather concerns, different tights will be needed. Whether you plan on wearing them alone or under sweats or shorts, when comparing tights looks at characteristics like warmth, thickness, fabric and durability.
Other factors that will influence purchases are personal preferences like brands, color or breathability. Some runners like high tech tights while others are happy with simple ones. Be sure that the men’s running tights you choose are well fitting and something you like to wear.
What temperature range you need depends on where you live and where you’ll be running. Some men’s winter running tights will be able to keep runners warm in temperatures of 19 degrees or lower. Others are more lightweight and designed with more porous fabric.
These would need to be layered in order to provide optimal protection against winter jogging conditions. Know the average winter temperature for the time of year you’ll be jogging, and pick a pair that can help to protect your legs from even the chilliest winter temperatures. Pants that are waterproof will be able to keep you warmer if it is raining or snowing, and that is another important consideration.
The thickness of the tights is another key factor in comparing and contrasting designs. Thin tights can have thermal properties and fit easily under clothes. Thicker tights can be worn by themselves or layered as well. Finding a comfortable thickness is the first step. Another is deciding whether you want’
skin tight pants or ones with a little more give. From the fit, you can choose a fabric that is most comfortable. It depends on your metabolism and how sensitive your skin is to the cold, as well as general weatherproofing abilities. Thicker tights might be more ideal on especially cold days or shorter runs, while long distance runs in cooler temperatures might be better suited for thin tights.
Personal preference and budget will decide the type of fabric that your ideal running tights will have. If you have a favorite color or color scheme, then the color of the fabric would be an important decision especially for a team color or running uniform.
Some running tights are made out of synthetic fabric blends, including Spandex or rayon. Others use more natural fabrics so choose one that feels good against your skin. Cotton tights aren’t ideal on their own in the winter because they easily absorb moisture. The main materials are polyester and nylon, and polyester fabrics are more waterproof. Polyester and nylon are about 80 to 90 percent of the fabric, and the rest is elastene, spandex or Lycra.
The durability of the fabric will help them to last a long time whether you’re walking or running. Finding a high tech fabric that is durable helps you to protect your investment and have a reliable pair of pants that can last for seasons. Many pairs have specialty weaves and wicking technology that work to provide a warm and reliable running experience. The durability of a pair of running tights can be tested before purchase and it depends on the make and type of fabric that the pants are made out of.
Deciding on a pair of winter running pants depends on where you run, and the temperature or the time of day. Early morning or late day runners might invest in a pair of light reflecting running tights. Some tights are designed for multilayering or are available in brilliant colors to show team spirit. Others are versatile and made for cycling as well as running. If you need a pair that can double as an every day pair to wear to the grocery store, there are slim pants that are comfortable as well as warm. Winter running tights can add a lot to a runner’s personal wardrobe and helps them to perform optimally in every season and weather condition.
Running through the winter requires the right gear - in particular tights! Read through these reviews before making your purchase.