Swimming is the first event in any triathlon, followed by cycling, and finishing with running. A good swim sets the tone for the rest of your race, and time or energy lost during this stage is hard to make up later.
Depending on the temperature of the water, you may be allowed to wear a wetsuit, and you’ll probably have to wear a swimming cap too. But the most important piece of swimming equipment is your goggles.
The best triathlon goggles will protect your eyes from the water and allow you to see exactly where you are going – essential for navigating the swim course. They should also be comfortable and fit securely, so you once you put them on, you can forget about them. There is nothing more distracting than leaky, loose, steamed up, or uncomfortable tri goggles!
With so many different makes and models available, it can be hard to know which are the best swimming goggles. To help you with this critical decision, we’ve tried and tested ten of the most popular so you can make an informed decision and buy with confidence.
Top-Rated Triathlon Goggles
Arena Cobra Tri Mirror
- The ultimate triathlon goggles made for intensive swimming and triathlon, the Cobra Tri mirror goggle features advanced hydrodynamics and optimal vision in a comfortable design
- Constructed from ultra-premium Japanese TPE with a 3D gasket for the best fit and comfort, and hard polycarbonate lenses for optimal vision with no water flowing on them
- The protective polycarbonate hardened lens provides ultimate durability and clarity while special coating eliminates vapor resulting in an anti-fog effect for clear vision
- Every pair features a split strap that is easily adjustable and ensures a secure fit, even on starts and turns; Includes three interchangeable nose bridge sizes for a tailored fit
- Ideal for triathlon and open water, these advanced swim goggles have light mirror lenses that are ideal for indoor swimming and low-light environments
Arena is one of the original swimwear manufacturers. They’ve been making swimming gear for decades, and their goggles are popular with novice and elite triathletes all around the world. Arena Cobra Tri Mirror Triathlon Swim Goggles look very cool, are comfortable, and won’t leak or fog up.
- Mirrored to protect you from glare
- Long-lasting hydrophilic coating to prevent fogging
- Five interchangeable nose bridges for a customized fit
- Split strap for increased comfort
- 3D seals to keep water out
- Shaped for less water resistance
With their customizable fit, anti-fogging properties, and leak-free design, you can put these goggles on and then ignore them for the entire duration of your swim. Suitable for pool and sea swims, these are great triathlon goggles.
- Very attractive, cutting-edge design
- Quite expensive
Unlike a lot of anti-fog goggles, Arena Cobra Tri Mirror Triathlon Swim Goggles have a non-scratch coating that won’t wear out with use. These goggles might be a little on the expensive side, but they should provide many years of faithful, watertight, non-fogging service.
Aqua Sphere Kayenne
- VISION + PERFORMANCE. Created with vision and performance in mind, the Gray/Orange Kayenne Swim Goggles are made with an oversized Plexisol clear lens, a Quick-Fit Buckle, silicone strap for comfort, stabilizing nose bridge, and Advanced Fit Technology.
- CURVED LENS TECHNOLOGY. Our patented curved lens technology offers the clearest possible visibility and 180° wide field of vision with exceptional hydrodynamics.
- UV & ANTI-FOG. Aqua Sphere’s Kayenne Swim Goggles are constructed with 100% UVA/UVB protection. Pairing that with a scratch-resistant anti-fog lens, your swimming goggles will bring you worry-free, crystal clear swims every time.
- POLARIZED LENS. The Polarized Lens offers improved color and depth perception by filtering out the sun’s horizontal light rays and eliminating glare off shiny surfaces like water. Great for outdoors and bright conditions.
- WE LIVE TO SWIM. Whether you’re a new swimmer or a seasoned professional, Aqua Sphere products cater to any and every experience level. We are always evolving to provide the most functional and unprecedented gear for your water activities.
If you do mainly pool swims, you don’t need to worry too much about ultraviolet (UV light), and a pair of basic clear pool goggles should suffice. But, if you swim outdoors more than in, UV light protection is much more important. Italian-made Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggles are 100% UV resistant, making them ideal for sea, lake, and river swims.
- Oversized lenses for unobscured vision
- Polarized for enhanced vision
- 100% UV protection
- Anti-fog lenses
- Quick-fit buckle for easy adjustment of the head strap
- Curved lenses for improved hydrodynamics
With their polarized, clear lenses, these goggles are especially useful for low light conditions, such as when it’s overcast. But, even on cloudy days, UV levels can still be high, so most outdoor swimmers will appreciate the 100% UV protection these goggles provide.
- Superb visibility
- Very comfortable
- Large lenses
- Good anti-fogging properties
- Non-adjustable nose bridge
- Anti-fog coating prone to scratching
- Some swimmers prefer a tinted goggle
These well-priced clear goggles are perfect for open water swims, and there is nothing wrong with wearing them for pool swims either. Polarized lenses add a lot of your vision, especially in low-light situations. But, without an adjustable nose bridge to customize the fit, these goggles may not fit all users perfectly.
- Adult Swim Goggles-The Aegend has a significant influence. This adult swimming goggles are popular among swimming enthusiasts. With their stylish multi-color appearance, they fit men, women, and youths, and their design will make you stand out from the crowd!
- Stay Away From Fogging and Harmful Rays-The inner surface of the premium lenses is treated with the latest environmental technology to prevent the goggles from fogging up. In addition, the outer surface of the lenses with colorful coating enables the lenses to reflect the dazzling sunlight and protect your eyes from the sun's harmful rays. So say goodbye to uncomfortable swimming experiences.
- Great Seal & No Leaking-The ergonomic design of swim goggles with high-quality silicone material ensures a close fit to different face shapes and never allows leakage. In addition, the flexible silicone frame and improved higher nose rest provide extreme comfort and will never hurt your nose or leave marks on your face.
- Panoramic & Super Clear View-A wide 180-degree view gives you a clear and long-range view of swimming underwater. With the multi-coating protective lenses, you get no vertigo or glare experience during outdoor swimming time. Note: this model might be too big for some small children. Please be sure to measure the child's head before purchasing.
- One Quick Detachable Clasp-The well-designed clasp makes it easy to put goggles on and take off without pulling hair. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. Package includes 1 Swimming Goggles and 1 Goggles Case. Caution: Customers who are allergic to silicone, please do not buy this product.
Triathlon swimming goggles can be expensive. That can be off-putting if you are prone to losing your goggles, want to have more than one pair, or are a triathlon novice gearing up for the first time. These swim goggles from Aegend are a much more affordable option.
- Mirrored, polycarbonate lenses
- Anti-fog, UV lens coating
- Rear clasp and adjusters for head strap
- Non-leak silicon eye seals
- Backed by a 12-month guarantee
While these goggles might lack a few of the features found on more expensive models, they’re certainly good enough for beginners and recreational triathletes. They look good, are comfortable, and perform well in all water conditions.
- Supplied with a free protective case
- Very comfortable
- Available in a wide range of colors
- Nose bridge is non-adjustable
- Some vision distortion when looking up or down
- The anti-fog coating is not especially long-lasting
Aegend Swim Goggles are budget-friendly, so it won’t hurt too much if you lose or break them. But, with their short-lived anti-fog coating, you should expect to replace these goggles sooner than a more expensive pair.
4 used from $15.84
- Anti-Fog: Lenses resist fogging for clear underwater vision
- UV Protection: Protects your eyes from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Mirrored Lens: Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Wide panoramic lens for extended view
Speedo has a long history of making swimming gear, and the Vanquisher 2.0 is their most popular racing goggles. The low-profile means they fit in your eye socket, making them very watertight and leakproof.
- UV-proof, fog-resistant lenses
- Mirrored for maximum glare protection
- Cushioned silicone seals for increased leak resistance
- Supplied with four different nose pieces for a customized fit
- Available in ten different colors
- Low-profile design for better aqua dynamics
- Dual head strap for a secure fit
These goggles look very minimalist. The head strap is narrow, and the lenses are small. But these aren’t drawbacks. Instead, they are features of a tried-and-tested design that has remained unchanged for decades. This in-the-eye socket fit is not for everyone, but if you like it, you’ll quickly become a lifelong fan of these goggles.
- High spec but well-priced
- Excellent visibility
- Very customizable
- Highly leakproof and anti-fogging
- The eye socket fit is not for everyone
With Speedo Vanquisher 2.0s, you get a lot of goggles for your money. Not in terms of size, but in terms of features and quality. These very compact goggles look insubstantial, but the time-tested design means they perform just as well as bigger goggles.
Blueseventy Hydra Vision
- Frame Integrated Strap Adjustment system is easy and flawless to use.
- Unibody nose bridge is integrated into the frame and sits close to the face to further improve hydrodynamics.
- A curved wide lens provides unparalleled vision in the open water and unmatched anti-fog properties.
- Low profile, feature fitting frame. A great cross-over goggle for pool to open water.
- Latest HDR TPR frame materials used to reduce weight, increase comfort and fit.
Blueseventy might not be the most well-known swimming equipment manufacturer, but their goggles are top-notch. Available in a range of frame and lens colors, you’ll have no problem matching these well-priced goggles to your swimsuit.
- Low profile lenses and frame for better aqua dynamics
- Curved, polarized lens for better vision
- Mirrored lenses with anti-fog coating
- Cushioned eye seals for comfort
- Easy to adjust head strap
A lot of goggles are a real pain to adjust – especially when you are wearing them. Blueseventy Hydra Vision Goggles are easy to adjust even when you have them in place. They’re also very comfortable, and highly leakproof.
- Available in a choice of six frame and six lens colors
- Easy to fit and adjust
- Stylish, low-profile design
- The anti-fog coating is not very long-lasting
The main complaint about this product is that the anti-fog lens coating soon wears out. You can use an anti-fog liquid to get around this problem, but it’s a shame that these otherwise very servable goggles are let down with this one flaw.
Triathlon goggles don’t come much cheaper than this model from FMU. Despite their low price, they’re still a decent product and ideal for swimmers who want more than one pair of goggles or like to have a standby pair if their regular goggles are lost or broken.
- Shatterproof polycarbonate lenses
- Mirrored UF-proof lenses
- Anti-fog coating
- Silicone frame and eye seals
- Quick-release head strap
- Oversized lenses for better all-round vision
With most goggles, you have to pull the strap over the top of your head to secure it in place. With these FMU swim goggles, there is a small quick-release buckle at the back of your head to make putting on and taking off much easier, especially if you have long hair.
- Very budget-friendly
- Supplied with a free nose clip, earplugs, and carry case
- Comfortable fit
- Nice-looking design
- Nose strap not adjustable
- Quick-release strap clip could pop open unexpectedly
These good-looking goggles are very well-priced, but you do get what you pay for. The head strap clip is a quirky design feature, and the anti-fog coating is not very long-lasting. But, for the price, these goggles are very tough to beat.
ROKA R1 Anti-Fog
- SPCTRM OPTICS: Patented, medium-sized 48mm (W) x 33mm (H) swim goggle lens with 11 degree retroscopic tilt on front face, beveled peripheral face, and premium-grade polycarbonate lens
- HYPO-ALLERGENIC GASKETS: Soft, protective & hypo-allergenic TPR gaskets; no latex, no PVC. Available in mirror and non-mirror swim goggles.
- ADVANCED LENS COATING: Superior hard coat on exterior face for anti-scratch and extended durability; Hydrophobic coating to reduce surface tension for hydrodynamics; anti-fog coating.
- PREMIUM FRAMES: Unibody semi-rigid nosebridge. Comes with premium microfiber bag for easy storage.
- THE NEW ANGLE IN PERFORMANCE | PATENTED INTERNATIONALLY | FINA APPROVED
Roka is a well-known goggle manufacturer and is popular with triathletes and swimmers alike. These super-clear Roka goggles are hypoallergenic and some of the most comfortable you can buy.
- Medium-sized lenses with excellent distortion-free vision
- Hard-coated scratch-resistant hydrophobic lenses for long-lasting fog protection
- Hypoallergenic TPR eye seals with no PVC or latex
- Flexible frame for comfort
- Available in four colors, both clear and mirrored
These high-performance swimming goggles are perfect for serious swimmers, whether you’re in the pool, sea, or lake. The optic-quality lenses are ultra-clear and hard-coated, so they won’t scratch or fog up. If you really want to see every detail while you are in the water, these goggles will help.
- Crystal clear vision
- Very comfortable
- Superior anti-fogging
- Long-lasting design
- Patented design
- The nose bridge is not adjustable
If you want goggles that enhance your vision underwater, these are the ones for you. The lenses are such high quality that you won’t miss a thing during your swim. While they’re not the cheapest goggles on review, nor are they the most expensive. They are, however, some of the highest quality.
Michael Phelps XCEED
- Engineered with exo-core Technology, combining two materials for maximum performance
- Ultra soft Softeril gasket provides a water tight seal and maximum comfort
- Semi regid exoskeleton maximizes the structure, strength and stability of the goggle
- Expanded field of vision allows the swimmer to sight walls and the competition without altering head position
Swimmers don’t come much more famous than multi-Olympian Michael Phelps. Designed in conjunction with Phelps himself and his swimming coach Bob Bowman, these goggles are designed for serious swimmers looking for a competitive edge.
- Curved lenses for a closer fit and better aqua dynamics
- Interchangeable ergonomic nose bridge
- Low profile, easy to adjust buckles
- Soft, waterproof eye gasket seals
- Layered titanium mirroring for anti-glare and scratch resistance
- Excellent all-round vision, including peripheral vision
The wide field of vision you get with these goggles makes it easier to keep an eye on the opposition without turning your head. This might be a feature too far for some triathletes, but it’s an example of the level of detail that Phelps considered when designing these goggles.
- Very high-performance goggles
- Incredible all-round visibility
- Very comfortable
- Ultra-light design
- Worn by Olympic swimmers
- Very expensive
These goggles aren’t cheap, but it’s not every day you get the opportunity to buy something designed by an Olympic legend like Michael Phelps! If you are looking for the best swimming goggles you can buy, this is probably the product for you.
TYR Special Ops 2.0 Polarized
- PERFORMANCE DESIGN: Packed with a range of state-of-the-art features, TYR's Special Ops swim goggles are engineered to give triathlon and open water swimmers an edge in all swimming activities.
- QUALITY LENS: Constructed with anti-fog, polarized lenses with a wide peripheral range, Special Ops 2.0 Goggles provide clarity, optical precision, and comfort by filtering out 99.9% of the surface glare that causes eye fatigue.
- COMFORT FIT: Durable, hypoallergenic Durafit silicone gaskets provide a comfortable cushioning, close-to-the-eye fit, and a watertight seal.
- ADJUSTABLE: Easy-to-use Speed Adjustment feature's secure release button provides quick and easy strap adjustment for an optimized fit.
- FITS MOST: Great for both professional and recreational users, they're designed for men and women, ages 16 years and older.
Uncomfortable, leaky, fogged-up goggles can take the fun out of any swim. It’s frustrating to have to stop your swim to adjust your goggles, and doing so could cost you a lot of time during a triathlon race. TYR Special Ops 2.0 Polarized Swimming Goggles are designed for comfort and performance, and buying them won’t break the bank either.
- Polarized lens for enhanced visibility
- Embedded anti-fog coating that won’t scratch off
- Large lenses for increased field of vision
- Soft, watertight eye gaskets
- Available in eight colors
- Robust design
A lot of swimmers go for very low-profile goggles, but they are often uncomfortable. That small saving in aqua dynamics won’t mean much if your eyes hurt so much that you have to stop and adjust your goggles every few minutes. TYR Special Ops 2.0 aren’t as low profile, but they fit better because of it, making them some of the most comfortable goggles around.
- Very comfortable
- Highly leak and fog-proof
- Made to last
- The nose bridge isn’t adjustable
These goggles might look simple, but they have a lot of features that will enhance any swim. With great levels of comfort and superb visibility, for the price, these goggles are all but unbeatable.
Zoggs Predator Flex
|Is Adult Product|
Zoggs makes some of the best-looking goggles around. With unique designs and eye-catching colors, if you want to stand out from the crowd at the pool, products like their Predator Flex Titanium Reactor are an excellent choice.
- Oversized, titanium-coated, reactor polarized lens
- 100% UV proof and anti-fog coating
- Comfortable, leakproof double-walled eye gaskets
- Split headband for a more comfortable fit
- Flexible silicone body for a better fit
Ever wish you had clear and tinted goggles? This model from Zoggs is both! They’re clear in low light conditions and dark in bright sunshine. If you want one pair of goggles for all light conditions, these are the ones for you.
- Very comfortable
- Versatile design
- Great-looking high-performance goggles
- Ideal for all lighting conditions
While you could buy two pairs of goggles, one tinted and one clear, for all lighting conditions, Predator Flex Titanium Reactors do it all. Whether you are swimming in bright sunshine or a dimly lit indoor pool, these goggles are designed to optimize your vision.
A good pair of goggles can add a lot to your swim – whether you are training or racing. They might not enhance your performance like a wetsuit can, but they’ll undoubtedly make your swim a much more enjoyable experience.
Goggles should be like your running shoes; you just put them on and then forget about them while they go about doing their job. If you are aware of them, it’s not usually a good thing!
There are lots of different makes and models of swimming goggles available, and that’s because people’s faces, noses, and eye sockets differ too. This affects how well googles fit, and how waterproof they are. While some users do will with close-fitting eye socket goggles, other people need something bigger.
Once you know what goggle shape fits your face best, you’ll be able to choose the right product for your needs. It’s worth trying a few pairs to determine what works best for you. That way, you’ll be able to fit them, forget them, and concentrate on your swim.
Visit the Fitness Equipment Reviews homepage for more quality product reviews!
Choosing the best triathlon goggles for your training and event days is easy with our detailed reviews and ratings!