Treadmills are a common piece of equipment in many homes and are great for getting your daily cardiovascular exercise done.
It can be hard to know what to look for in a treadmill and what are the best on the market in terms of value for money.
The following post will highlight what I consider the best treadmills and all the information you need to know about them.
Advantages of Treadmills
- Relatively easy machine to use
- Easy to adjust to your fitness level
- Smooth, predictable walking/running surface
- Many LCD consoles can track and record your workouts making it easy to focus on your fitness goals
- You can watch TV/read/entertain yourself while working out making it easier to follow your exercise regime
3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
- Built in Heart Rate Interactive Plus Monitor
- Treadmill Belt Size 20.5 x 58inches,Assembled Dimensions: 74 L x 35 W x 58.5 H inches,Folded Dimensions: 40 L x 35 W x 65 H inches
- 3.0 Horsepower continuous duty DC motor
- 5 year parts warranty
- 350 lb max user weight
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill is a high quality, well built treadmill with all the features one could need. This is a top of the range treadmill but a great choice if your budget allows.
- 3.0 Horsepower DC motor
- 8 built in workout programs
- 2 customizable programs
- Gerkin/Cooper/BMI Fitness Tests
- One touch speed control
- One touch incline control
- Belt size 20.5″ x 58″
- Built in fan
- Built in Heart Rate monitor
- 5 year parts warranty
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill has been designed as a space saving piece of equipment without compromising on quality.
Assembled it is 74ins L x 35ins W x 58.5 ins H and it folds to 40 L x 35 W x 65 H inches making it easy to fold and store without disassembling it.
The belt on this treadmill is orthopaedic and comfortable to use. The belt size is 20.5″ x 58″ which is quite large. Maximum user weight is 350pounds.
With an easy to read and use console there is one touch speed and incline system- 15% maximum incline and a 12 mph max speed.
- 3.0 Horsepower motor
- Large belt size
- Built in programs and fitness tests
- One touch system for incline and for speed
- Built in fan
- 5 year warranty
The 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill is a quality machine and has many glowing Amazon reviews attesting to this.
For those looking for a fold up and easily stored treadmill without compromising on quality, then this is the one for you.
LifeSpan TR3000i Folding Treadmill
- Simple to lift and easy to lower, EZfold technology utilizes a hydraulic shock to assist in folding and unfolding the treadmill
- Features 15 incline levels, a speed range of 0.5 to 12 mph, a 2.75 HP continuous-duty DC motor and a 800-pound maximum lift inclne motor
- The 20 x 56 inch running surface features 8 impact-absorbing compression shocks to guarantee a consistently comfortable workout
- 6" Blue backlit LCD displays: time, calories, distance, steps, heart rate, speed, and incline level
- Lifetime frame and motor warranty; 5 year parts; 1 year labor warranty
The Lifespan TR3000i Folding Treadmill is another quality, well built machine from a very reputable company.
- 2.75 Horsepower DC motor
- 800 pound maximum lift incline motor
- 15 incline levels
- 0.5 to 12 mph speed
- 6″ LCD display
- Bluetooth receiver to sync to fitness apps
- USB port to store workouts too
- Easy to fold and store
- Lifetime frame and motor warranty
- 5 year parts warranty
- 1 year labor warranty
The Lifespan TR3000i Folding Treadmill has a 20 x 56 inch running surface area and 8 impact absorbing compression shocks. Using this treadmill is smooth and comfortable.
LCD displays vital information including time, calories, distance, steps, heart rate, speed, and incline level.
The treadmill uses EZfold technology which is a hydraulic shock system that helps to fold and unfold the treadmill. Assembled the TR3000i measures 71″ L x 33″ W x 56″ H and folds down to 50″ L x 33″ W x 56″ H.
- Excellent customer service
- Easy to set up
- Folds away quite small
- Good warranty
- Quality machine
Many customers will agree the Lifespan TR3000i Folding Treadmill is a quality machine. The customer service of Lifespan is fantastic and the treadmill itself has many great features.
NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
1 used from $ 539.10
- Digitally adjust your incline up to 10 percent to add intensity to your workout and target specific muscle groups
- Get the training you want with 20 built-in workouts designed by a Certified personal trainer to help you achieve your fitness goals
- 2.6 CHP drive System
- Plug your ipod or other MP3 device into the console sound System to stay motivated with your workout playlist
- 20"X55" tread belt
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill is a mid range treadmill manufactured by a trusted fitness equipment manufacturer. Let’s take a look at they key features and specs of the machine.
- 2.6 Horsepower motor
- 5″ LCD display
- 20″ x 55″ tread belt
- 20 built in workouts
- Adjust your workout on the console
- One touch speed button
- One touch incline button
- Plug in your iPod or MP3 device to play music
- iFit compatible
- 300 pound user weight limit
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill has a 5″ LCD display that shows your speed, time, distance, heart rate and calories burned. If you use iFit you can sync your stats and it will generate workouts specifically for you.
Incline from 0-10% available via a single button. If you use a custom google maps root and iFit the incline will automatically adjust to match the terrain.
There is an added option of comfort with the running deck. You can select a FlexSelect- Cushioned deck to protect your joints or a firm deck which is similar to running on a road. This can be adjusted simply and via a knob.
- Adjustable comfort of deck running surface
- 0-10% incline
- Quiet machine
- Customer service is not the best
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 year motor warranty and 1 year on parts. At this price many people will agree that the treadmill presents great value for money.
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
1 used from $ 248.82
- Space saver design. This treadmill can fold up.
- Six personal trainer workouts.
- Two-position incline.
- Comfortable cushioning.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is an incredibly popular, budget treadmill that has all the basic functions.
- 6 Pre programmed workouts
- Cushioned belt
- LCD console
- Heart rate monitor
- Space saver design
- Two position incline
For those on a budget the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is a fantastic choice. There are 6 pre programmed workouts which have been designed by a certified personal trainer.
The large LCD console displays and tracks stats from your workouts. You can see speed, time, distance and calories burned.
Another great feature is the cushioned belt designed to reduce stress on your joints. With a layer of cushioning this provides maximum impact absorption.
- 6 pre programmed workouts
- Comfortable, cushioned belt
- Large LCD to track vital stats
- Can be tricky to assemble
For the budget restricted looking for a quality treadmill the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is a good choice! Shy on a few key features but at this price range one can’t complain!
Merax JK1603E Easy Assembly Folding Electric Treadmill Motorized Running Machine Black
- Perfect size and folding design great for home use and contains rolling wheels on the bottom providing simple transport.
- Multi-functional display that allows user to track progress in speed, distance, heart rate and calories burned.
- An extremely low noise motor and a safety emergency stop key for your safety, specially pleasant design including safe and convenient.
- Excellent deck provides useful cushioning for ankle, back and knee joints which helping your muscles recover faster from workout.
The Merax JK1603E Treadmill is the cheapest model on here and will do ok if all you want is a basic, no fuss treadmill.
- Compact, easy to store treadmill
- LCD display
- 3 built in programs to use
- 3 incline positions
- Speed ranges from 0.62MPH – 6.2MPH (1km/h – 10km/h)
- Weight capacity of 220 pounds
- 1 year warranty
The Merax JK1603E Treadmill is a compact and easy to store away treadmill. It measures at 25″ x 45″ x 58 inches when assembled and 25″ x 25″ x 51 inches when folded and stored. It has a total weight of 70pounds and maximum user weight capacity of 220pounds.
There are 3 pre programmed workouts varying from high intensity to low intensity accessible on the LCD console. The LCD displays time, calories, distance, speed, and heart rate.
- Basic treadmill
- Good customer service
- Easy to assemble
- Only 3 programs to choose from
- Small running surface area
- A bit noisy to use
The Merax JK1603E Treadmill is a good choice for the budget constricted in terms of a very basic treadmill. This doesn’t have all the fancy features of the other models but at the price it’s hard to complain.
Key Features to Consider of a Treadmill
When it comes to the motor the bigger is generally the better. Most have a power rating from 1.5 to 3.0, the higher means the stronger and more capacity.
This translates directly to a smoother running machine and much quieter machine.
Running Surface Area
Pays to check the surface of the treadmill. You will need an area long enough and wide enough to accommodate your walking or running style.
It is much easier to walk on treadmills as you know the chance of a slip or trip is minimal.
It is also a good idea to check out the cushioning of the machine. The more there is the better or less impact there will be on your joints.
There are many LCD consoles out there which display a wide range of information about your workout.
The more you spend the more features you can expect. I personally like to see the distance, time, pace, heart rate and calorie counter.
You can also find machines with pre loaded workouts, fitness tests and customizable workouts. If there will be multiple users then a LCD console that can save user profiles is also great.
Treadmills are a great machine to stay on target and push your fitness goals from the comfort of your home. Many people find it easier to workout as they can do so while watching TV, reading which makes it easier to maintain. The best value for money treadmill is the 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill and for those who are budget restricted the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill. If you are considering other cardio workout machines have a look at our best ellipticals and Spin Bike Reviews.
Treadmills are a great piece of equipment to include in your home gym. Nowadays there are many models that are easy to fold up and transport making it more than possible to have a treadmill in your home!