Going to the gym is not always convenient. It takes time to get there, and once you arrive, it may be busy, so you can’t do the workout you or your trainer planned. And then there is the cost of membership – going to the gym can be expensive, and they charge you every month even if you don’t go.
For many, working out at home is a better option, but that raises another problem – what do you do about workout equipment? Using the best resistance bands, you can exercise at home safely, effectively, and without breaking the bank.
If you have purchased some resistance bands already and want to learn some exercises and how to use them properly check this article out!
You can use resistance bands to replicate almost every free weight or machine exercise. There are also a lot of unique band-only exercises you can do too. And then, when you are finished, you can just pack your bands away and put them in a drawer or bag for next time. You can even take your bands on vacation, or when traveling for work, so you never need to miss a workout.
Resistance bands are the ultimate portable workout tool, but which ones should you buy? Here are twenty of the best resistance bands around, all tried, tested, and reviewed just for you.
Top-Rated Resistance Bands
Rogue has a very well-deserved reputation for making high-quality workout equipment. Their Monster Bands are exceptionally strong and hardwearing, making them popular with home and gym-based exercisers.
- One-piece loop-type construction
- 41″ standard length
- Available from 15 to 200lb. resistance
- Made from natural latex rubber
- Available singularly or in pairs
- Can be combined with a Rogue doorstop (sold separately)
While Rogue loop-type bands can be used on their own, they work best when used in conjunction with barbells, kettlebells, or clip-on handles. On their own, they are not especially easy to use, and not as versatile as other adjustable band sets.
For strength, Rogue Monster bands are hard to beat. They aren’t cheap, but they will stand up to years of hard workouts.
Gorilla Bow Portable Home Gym
- The Gorilla Bow is a portable home gym that can be used in your house or on the go – office, hotel room, park, almost anywhere. It’s a great replacement or supplement to a gym membership.
- Tone Your Body – The Gorilla Bow combines a weightlifting bar and resistance bands to work every major muscle group without the weight and bulk of traditional home gym systems.
- Adjustable Resistance – Select up to 4 bands at a time and combine resistance to get the best weight for every exercise. The Gorilla Bow can handle 300 lbs of resistance. The Bow is made of aircraft aluminum and the resistance bands are double-wall latex.
- The First of its Kind – The Gorilla Bow changed the game for weightlifting equipment, allowing it to be lightweight and portable. Get yours today.
- What’s Included – Original Bow, Green, Base Bundle includes a full-length 56” Bow; (4) Double-Wall Gorilla Bands ((1) 50 lb., (1) 30 lb., (1) 20 lb., (1) 10 lb.); Band Wrap; 30 Days of Gorilla Bow All-Access Membership
Gorilla Bow is a portable home gym that combines the convenience of resistance bands with the versatility and effectiveness of barbell and dumbbell training. No need to look for somewhere to anchor your bands. With Gorilla Bar, your body is the anchor.
- Weighs just six pounds
- Supplied with four bands
- Light, strong bow for easy portability and lots of exercise variety
- Band weight up to 110 pounds (original version)
- Seven different models available
Looking a lot like an old English longbow, Gorilla Bow is a new spin on resistance band training that makes home workouts a whole lot more fun and effective. It’s fully adjustable so you can adapt your workouts to match your current fitness. Use this product to work your upper body, lower body, and core.
This unique product is a simple yet comprehensive home workout solution. Whatever your current fitness level may be, Gorilla Bow will help you get fitter and stronger without going to the gym.
- YOUR PERSONAL HOME GYM – Got no time to head down to your local gym every day? With this set of resistance bands, you can enjoy a full body workout without even stepping out of your home.
- TRAIN DIFFERENT MUSCLE GROUPS – Use these fitness bands to perform rows, pulls, raises, and fly workout sets to exercise your arms, back, hips, legs, chest, and abdominal region.
- 100% SATISFACTION – If, for any reason, you are not happy with the quality or performance of these workout bands, let us know anytime and we will be glad to straighten things out for you.
- READY FOR DAILY USE – Fitted with durable tubes, reinforced links, and heavy-duty carabiners, these anti-snap exercise bands are designed to withstand intense daily exercise sessions.
- COMPLETE EXERCISE ACCESSORIES – Included in the package are 5 fitness resistance bands, a carrying bag, a door anchor, 2 cushioned straps, 2 ankle straps, 1 workout guide, and 1 workout poster.
The Fitness Insanity Set is a virtual gym in a bag. Supplied with a host of accessories, this product allows you to train every muscle in your body without leaving your home or hotel room.
- Supplied with five interchangeable, combinable bands
- Up to 150 pounds of resistance
- Includes door anchor, handles, ankle straps, exercise chart, and storage bag
- Bands made from hardwearing latex with heavy-duty steel carabiners
Ready to use straight out the bag, this comprehensive resistance band kit allows you to replicate most free weight and machine exercises at home. The doorstopper and ankle straps will add even more variety to your workouts.
While this isn’t the most robust resistance band set, it’s one of the most comprehensive. If you are looking for an all-in-one home workout solution, this product would be a great choice.
Perform Better Mini Set
4 used from $15.26
- Mini-Bands can be used anywhere – on the field, at home, in the clinic or gym, or even when traveling.
- Effective for both upper and lower body training.
- By using resistance bands for dynamic warmup, you can target the hip and shoulder complexes.
- When used in conjunction with other exercises these band sequences can help activate the core as well as prime movers, synergists and stabilizers in the hip and shoulder area.
- Includes: Set of 4 bands. Yellow – Light Resistance. Green – Medium Resistance. Blue – Heavy Resistance. Black – Extra Heavy Resistance and Exercise Manual. All bands measure 9"x2"
While you can’t use a mini-band for a wide range of exercises, you can use one to make lower body exercises like squats and hip thrusts more effective. Sometimes called booty bands, they are also useful for prehab and rehab exercises.
- Loop type bands
- 9″ x 2″
- Available in three strengths – light, medium, and heavy
- Supplied in a pack of ten
If you want to build a better butt, increase hip muscle activation during lower body exercises, or prevent or treat injuries, these bands can help. Small and lightweight, keep one in your gym bag, office drawer, or even your pocket for convenience.
Not as versatile as other bands on review, these mini-bands are useful for working your lower body and making your leg workouts more demanding and productive. The pack of ten means if you break one, you’ll always have some spares.
- 【VERSATILE WORKOUT BANDS】 Canway pull up assistance bands are suitable for any exercise, as pull ups, stretching, strength training, cross-training, powerlifting, yoga, Pilates, and are also great for physical rehabilitation. Resistance bands help to exercise different parts of your body, like arms, back, legs and buttocks, chest, core, ABS and increase your body flexibility.
- 【SAFE AND DURABLE】 The pull up assistant band is made of high quality natural latex, which is environmentally friendly, comfortable and wear-resistant. Rogue fitness bands still maintains high elasticity for long-term use. Made of heavy duty material to avoid breakage or tearing. Pull up to 2.5 times the length of the rogue bands itself, 8000 times without breaking.
- 【4 RESISTANCE LEVELS ARE AVAILABLE】 Pullup bands assistance bands with different resistance for each color: Red (15 – 35 lbs); Black (25 – 65 lbs); Purple (35 – 85 lbs); Green (50 – 125 lbs). Follow the chart to choose the heavy duty resistance bands that suits your needs. These superbands for exercise can be used individually or in combination with multiple bands for added challenge. Perfect for beginners or fitness enthusiasts, men or women, build the body you like.
- 【WORKOUT ANYTIME ANYWHERE】These exercise bands are compact and portable, you can easily carry them with the drawstring pouch we provide. Start your training anytime, anywhere with these mobility bands, even while traveling, you can have your portable home gym.
- 【100% GUARANTEED】 You will get 1x Red Band; 1x Black Band; 1x Purple Band; 1x Green Band; 1x Storage Bag; 1x User Manual. All rogue monster bands come with a 3-month money-back/replacement guarantee and a 24-month product defect-free replacement warranty.
Contrary to their name, these bands are good for more than just pull-ups. While loop type bands are not as versatile as resistance band sets, you can still use this product to get a very effective workout at home. And yes, you can also use them for pull-ups!
- Supplied as a set of four
- Four strength levels – 15 lb. to 125 lb.
- Package includes carry bag and full instructions
These simple but reliable bands are perfect for minimalist home exercisers who don’t need or want to do a huge range of exercises. That said, with a little imagination, you should have no problem working your entire body with just four bands.
Useful and high quality, this set of loop-type bands is flexible, lightweight, and portable, and outstanding value for money.
- DURABLE STRETCH BANDS. Our 12" x 2" exercise bands are elastic, durable, & can be stretched up to 2x the original length for a fuller range of motion, unlike other bands in the market with very limited stretch (become too stiff when stretching).
- HIGH-END RESISTANCE BAND SET. Our heavy-duty loop resistance bands include 5 varying resistance levels. Extra light & light bands are great for beginners and rehabilitation, while medium, heavy & extra heavy exercise bands are for intermediate & advanced users.
- EASY TO USE IN ANY WORKOUT: Use our resistance bands for pilates, stretching, strength training, yoga, & power weight fitness. Pregnant women also love our physical therapy bands for post-pregnancy workouts and seniors use them as rehab bands.
- WORK OUT ANYWHERE. These exercise resistance bands travel well whether you like to work out at home, outdoors, or in the gym. Use these resistance loop bands for legs, glutes, arms, hip, stomach and shoulders by replacing weights and dumbbells or use with your favorite gym equipment.
- WHAT YOU GET: A set of five color-coded and portable exercise band set with an instruction guide, carry bag, and an unlimited number of ways to bring more challenge to your workouts!
Resistance band sets don’t come much lighter or more compact than these mini-bands from Limm. Small loop bands are ideal for making many lower body exercises more demanding but are less useful for upper body training.
- Five bands per set
- Five different resistance levels, from 4 lb. to 40 lb.
- Supplied with a carry bag
- 12″ x 2″
- Includes instructions and e-book workout program
- Made from TPE-free latex
If you want to take your lower body workout to a new level, mini-bands can help. Because there are five different resistance levels, these bands are suitable for beginner, intermediate, and advanced exercisers.
Light and portable, these bands are small enough to fit in a jacket pocket or handbag, making them ideal for traveling exercisers as well as those who prefer to work out at home.
- LEVEL 2 RESISTANCE: Ideal for activating your glutes and entire lower body
- STRENGTHEN: Slide the hip circle up your legs and walk, squat or perform any lower body movement to tone and tighten your legs, buttocks and hips
- HIP CIRCLE: Cues athletes and beginners to force knees out while squatting and deadlifting
- HEAVY DUTY: Premium quality fabric band will not snap, roll, or pull on your skin. Designed in the USA
- COMPACT: This grippy fabric resistance band is easy to use at the gym, in a park, or at home
Hip circle bands are designed to be worn around your knees to increase glute muscle activation. They are ideal for use in conjunction with bodyweight exercises, as well as free weight and machine exercises. Because of their effect, hip circles are also known as booty bands.
- 3 inches wide
- Available in three sizes and colors
- Two levels of resistance
- Reinforced joins for increased strength
Using a Sling Shot Hip Circle will strengthen your butt and outer thighs. It can be used for bodyweight squats and side steps, as well as barbell squats and deadlifts, and machine leg presses. Using a hip belt will make all of your lower body workouts more effective.
Light and easy to use, the Sling Shot is a well-made resistance band designed especially for lower body training. If you want to build a better butt, this product will help.
- High end exercise bands. Our 12″ by 2″ heavy duty loop resistance bands come in 5 varying resistance levels. This makes them perfect whether you are just starting to workout or a seasoned workout warrior. Our extra light and light bands are great for beginners, while our medium, heavy and extra heavy exercise bands are targeted for more intermediate and advanced strength training.
- Great with any workout. This resistance band set can be integrated seamlessly with various popular workout program. Or use them for general exercise, stretching, strength training, power weight programs. The included carry bag makes it easy to take your bands with you and do any workout away from home or your home gym.
- Multiple uses. While these resistance bands are often used for sports and fitness, physical therapists love these physical therapy bands (rehab bands) to help them rehabilitate their patients. Our stretch bands work for people suffering from leg, knee and back injuries. They are also perfect for use by women after pregnancy and birth to keep their bodies in shape.
- Superior quality. All of our exercise resistance bands are thoroughly tested before we ship them out to you. This ensures your bands are easy on skin and will provide you with a worry free experience. The instruction booklet includes dozens of different illustrated exercises that demonstrate how to use our resistance bands for legs, arms, back, shoulders, ankles, hips and stomach.
- What you get: Five exercise bands with color-coded resistance levels, portable travel carry bag and instruction guide.
This handy-sized set of mini bands is ideal for exercisers on the go. While you won’t be able to use them for a full-body workout, they are sufficient for prehab, rehab, and lower body exercises.
- Five color-coded bands per set
- Five different band strengths
- Supplied with a storage bag
- 12″ x 2″
- Made from 100% natural latex
- 41-page e-guide included
Whether you use them as booty bands or for light rotator cuff exercises, this neat pack of bands is excellent value for money. Highly portable, and very well made, it’s useful for exercisers who travel a lot.
Very light, portable, and well-priced, this set of five mini-bands is a good buy for exercisers looking for compact workout tool they can take anywhere and use anytime.
- PREMIUM NON SLIP GRIP: Our resistance bands for legs and butt can be used for any type of workout. Are you into cross training, yoga, pilates or even cross fit? Not only are these cotton booty bands great for working out in the gym but you can use these workout bands for women and men. These hip bands non slip grip make them perfect for warmups. Our glute bands are made of comfortable, soft material that will stick to your glutes during those booty workouts
- IDEAL RESISTANCE LEVEL: Our heavy resistance bands for legs and butt are perfect for any fitness level. These fabric resistance bands present different degrees of resistance, allowing you to work all muscles groups. You can use this resistant bands for your legs, ankles, hips, and thighs, due to its targeted resistance! These premium cotton fabric resistance band will activate and strengthen glutes and hips, making these the ideal squat bands
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: These RIMSports fabric booty bands for women and men is the best hip band resistance for glute workout equipment because our hip band is very durable, as the bands are snap, stretch and sweat resistant. Unlike other squat bands, leg bands and hips bands, our resistance bands for working out can be stretched and pulled without fear of losing elasticity. This is because our elastic material makes them durable thigh bands for workout
- PERFECT GLUTES WARM UP: These booty bands resistance bands are portable enough for you to get a great hip band exercise. These resistance loops will give you the right tension to warm up your glutes before squats, glute kickbacks, or any lower body workout. These exercise bands for legs and butt are great for traveling or simply a great resistance bands workout at home. These resistant bands for women and men will intensify your dynamic warm ups and glute activation
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE AND WARRANTY: We at RIMSports focus on quality, comfort, safety and customer satisfaction in our products . Our products are handmade and designed in USA. If for any reason you're not satisfied, email us and we’ll take care of you! We guarantee our products with full refund or replacement guarantee and We are happy to thank you for making us successful quality focused brand with a New York attitude
Squats and lunges are both good exercises, but, when combined with a hip band, they go from good to great! This hip band is designed specifically to make your lower body workouts more effective.
- Non-slip construction
- Non-pinching design
- Generously sized
- Suitable for all fitness levels
Make your lower body workout better by pulling a hip band up to your knees and then working out as usual. You’ll have to work extra hard to push your knees apart, increasing glute and outer thigh muscle activation, making your workout more challenging and rewarding.
Whether you exercise at home or in a gym, this well-made hip band will add a new dimension to your lower body workouts.
|Is Adult Product|
Resistance band sets can be expensive, but this one bucks that trend. For less than a month’s gym membership, you can get everything you need to work out at home. Compact but versatile too, you can work every muscle in your body with this well-priced product.
- Five stackable resistance bands
- Supplied with a door anchor, handles, ankle straps, and a travel bag
- Band weights range from 10 lb. to 30 lb.
- Maximum five-band tension 100 lb.
With five stackable bands, it’s easy to fine-tune your workouts according to your fitness levels. Change the resistance quickly and easily by adding or removing bands. Using the door anchor, you can do a wide variety of upper and lower body pushing and pulling exercises with this product.
If you want a home workout that won’t break the bank, this set of bands could be just what you are looking for. Light and compact, it’s not the strongest band set around, but it’s more than adequate for beginner and intermediate exercisers.
Draper's Strength Heavy Duty
- From light to heavy resistance (2-200 lbs) – To choose the best bands for your needs, check out the band tension chart in the images to the left
- Bands are 41" inches long and are made of high-quality latex material built to last for years.
- A variety of exercises can be performed – for physical therapy, rehabilitation, pull-ups, stretching, strength training, and powerlifting
- Lightweight and Portable so you can take your workout with you
- 90-DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE, LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY and EMAILED WORKOUT e-GUIDE with every band purchase
These bands are light in weight and don’t offer a tremendous amount of resistance, but they are handy for easy workouts, prehab, rehab, or stretching. Use singularly, in pairs, or in conjunction with barbells and kettlebells.
- Sold singularly
- 41″ long
- Free e-workout guide included
- 2-15 lb. resistance
- Made from high-quality latex for durability
These bands won’t weigh you down or take up much space in your bag, and yet they are very versatile and can be used for a wide range of exercises. They aren’t substantial enough for a serious workout, but if you want to tone up rather than build muscle, they are very serviceable.
This band from Drapers is light, cheap, and ideal for corrective workouts, warm-ups and stretching. It’s not a serious workout tool, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be useful.
- 5 Resistance Bands Include: Comes in 5 different resistance strength levels: X-Light, Light, Medium, Heavy and X-Heavy.
- Efficient Workout: Loop Resistance Bands increase the effectiveness of your exercises. Used for a range of workouts, such as Yoga, Pilates,etc.
- Multifunctional: The resistance band set can be used to exercise all parts of muscles such as arms, abdomen, glutes and legs.
- Gym-in-your-pocket: The exercise bands take up little space so that you can use them at home or carry on the way, such as in office, on a vacation.
- What's Included: 5 exercise loop bands with color-coded resistance levels, portable carry bag and instructions manual.
Resistance band sets don’t come much lighter or more compact than this product. Costing about the same as a week’s gym membership, you can use these bands for a range of exercises, and especially working your lower body.
- Five color-coded bands
- Five different band strengths, from very light to strong
- 12” x 2”
- Made from 100% natural latex
- Supplied with a handy storage bag
These multifunctional bands are ideal for stretching and strengthening exercises. With five strengths to choose from, you should have no problem selecting the right band for your needs. The bands can be used individually or stacked to increase your workload.
This five-band set is excellent value for money and can be used for a variety of exercises and workouts. It’s not the best choice for upper body exercises but should prove very useful for lower body workouts.
Black Mountain Products
- Set of three Black Mountain Products loop bands
- Three levels of resistance- light-yellow, medium-blue and heavy-green
- Includes starter guide and carrying bag
- Great for gym, home, travel and office Use
- All Black Mountain Products loop bands come with a Lifetime Warranty
These 10” mini-bands will add an extra dimension to your lower body workouts, increasing glute and hip muscle activation. Small, light, and portable, you can also use them for stretching and postural exercises. This set contains three different bands to provide a range of resistance.
- Three color-coded bands
- Light, medium, and strong tension
- Includes an instructional guide and storage bag
- Backed by a lifetime warranty
- Made from all-natural latex-free rubber
This compact, lightweight product is ideal for home and office use, as well as traveling. They aren’t long or strong enough for full-body workouts but, for lower body and rehab exercises, they are all the bands you need.
Providing excellent value for money, this three-band set is a good choice for minimalist exercisers who don’t need more than the basics for a good workout.
- 【Premium Material】 Resistance band is made of 100% Eco-friendly natural latex，with a good elasticity, strong recovery. Makes you feel confident and comfortable while stretching.
- 【Ideal Gift for Exercise】 Professional grade exercise and resistance bands are ideal for conditioning & rehabbing muscles as well as specific training, for Sports Athletes, Seniors, Physical Therapy, Strength Training, Rehabilitation, Wrestling, Bodybuilding, Pilates, Yoga, Kickboxing, Chair Workouts.
- 【Large Size】 59 INCH LONG by 5.9 INCH WIDE. You can tie a knot for a loop band or take a couple wraps around your hands for a secure grip or fold them over for more tension.
- 【Use It Anywhere】 The bands can go anywhere with you, for workouts at home, outdoor, office, gym or when travelling.
- 【180-day Warranty】 Our top priority is that you are satisfied with our product. Feel free to reach us if you have any questions about your purchase, we will gladly assist you at any time!
A lot of resistance bands are constructed as pre-formed loops. In many ways, this limits their functionality. These resistor bands are different. They’re open-ended, which makes them more versatile and easier to use for some exercises.
- 59 inches long x 5.9 inches wide
- Made from 100% natural latex
- Available in four strengths
- Can be knotted to form temporary loops
This type of band is favored by therapists and fitness coaches. Because you can adjust the length by knotting or gripping them anywhere along their length, these bands are easy to modify and adapt for a wide range of exercises and workouts.
Light, cheap, but very versatile, you can use these simple bands to strengthen or stretch virtually every muscle in your body. They are also useful for warming up and rehabbing injuries.
Up & Up
- 【Natural and Durable】Our pull up assistance bands are made of 100% natural rubber from Malaysia, which is green, soft and odorless. The results showed that our resistance band performed a good elasticity after being used for a long time.
- 【Customizable】WSAKOUE resistance band sets 4 resistance levels, you can refer to the chart to choose the suitable one for yourself. You need to lower the assistance to account for your new strength when you get stronger, and you also can combine different bands for the most efficient pull-up exercises. The different weight assist bands set allows each member of your family to "customize" their workouts.
- 【Multifunctional】Your all in one rehabilitation, mobility and exercise band. the resistance bands add an extra bit of resistance to your workout. They are perfect for you to learn pull-ups, ring dips, and muscle-ups. They are excellent for body resistance training and physical therapy to help strengthen torn ligaments or muscles and ideal to work out your arms, back, legs, and butt. You can check out the band tension chart in the images on the left to choose the best bands for your needs.
- 【Easy Carry & Package】Resistance pulls up bands are so compact that it practically does not even take up any space or weight. If you want to take it outdoor, just put it in your bag. There have a kit or a single band you can choose. If you want a set, pls search Asin# B0827XM7BN.
- 【No-Risk Purchase】Preparing gifts for fitness people, from workmanship to function, these training bands set is the best gift for birthdays, Thanksgiving or Christmas. For any reason you are unsatisfied, you can return the band and we’ll REFUND your money! You take NO RISK by ordering today!
Large loop-style bands are popular with CrossFit athletes who use them to make their pull-up workouts more manageable. However, despite this, pull-up bands can be used for a wide range of lower and upper body exercises.
- Double-layer latex for softness and durability
- Supplied with full instructions
- 41” long
- Available in four strengths
With a little experimentation, you should have no problem working all of your major muscles with this well-made band. The 35-85 lb. of resistance is enough to deliver a good workout for most exercisers, and they’re also strong enough to use to make exercises like pull-ups and dips more manageable.
Light, strong, and versatile, these well-priced bands are ideal for home workouts and can be used in the gym too. They can be used singularly, and also in pairs.
These fitness bands are all you need to work out at home. With them, you can perform a wide range of resistance band workouts, working all of your major muscles. Best of all, this product is very cost-effective.
- Five stackable bands
- Five different band strengths, from 10 to 30 lb.
- Supplied with a door anchor, handles, and ankle straps
- Strong metal carabiners
- Comes complete with a storage bag
These workout bands might be light, cheap, and basic, but that doesn’t mean they won’t deliver a great workout. Strong enough for intermediate exercisers, these bands are like having a gym in a bag, and you can carry and use them almost anywhere.
One of the lightest, cheapest resistance band training sets around, this versatile product makes getting and staying in shape at home a breeze.
- A superior band product for resistance training and rehabilitation, provides both positive and negative force on muscles and joints, stretches tones and conditions all major muscle groups
- Improves strength, range of motion and flexibility in a simple to use, portable product that works in the clinic, the gym, at home or on the road
- Color-coded Progressive Resistance system allows users to recognize improvement as it happens, as you grow stronger you can move up to the next color
- Highest quality natural rubber latex resistance bands are recognized as the original system of progressive resistance for over 40 years
- Medium Red Bands are the third of eight levels of resistance and great for rehabilitation and light resistance exercise, they offer 3.7 lbs. resistance and 25% increase from preceding color at 100% elongation, and 5.5 lbs. at 200%, roll measures 6 yards long x 5" wide
Theraband is known for making physical therapy bands but, while their products can be used for prehab and rehab, they are also suitable for most other resistant band exercises.
- Supplied as a six-yard roll
- Available in seven strengths, from light to very heavy
- Can be cut the desired length
- Can be knotted to make closed loops
- Made from latex
TheraBands are very versatile. Just unroll the length you need and then cut it off. Wrap the ends around your hands to create a secure grip. While not really suitable for use as a pull up assist band, Therabands can be used for almost every other type of workout, including stretching and strengthening exercises.
While they are typically associated with physiotherapy, TheraBands are also suitable for home and gym workouts. Because you can cut them to the desired length, they are easy to customize according to your workout needs.
- Single #2 (Black) Band – not a set : This band measures 13/16 inch wide, 4.5 mm thick and 41 inches in length. It offers resistance from 30-60 lbs. The #2 band offers a moderate level of tension for resistance training. Exercises like bicep curls, triceps extensions, overhead shoulder press or even overhead squats.
- Make Fast Progress With Your Pull Up Progression : Don't have strict or kipping pull-ups yet, use one (or better yet two) of these to jump start your assisted chin up training. These cross-training equipement is used in gyms around the world and also works great on a home door chin-up bar.
- Combine Two Different Bands to Boost Your Strength Fast : We recommend that athletes use one light band and one heavy band together. Start your workout with the thin band. Then when you tire out switch to the thicker fitnessband. Then finally to squeeze out the last few reps, add them both together.
- Perfect For Home Workout : Our resistance bands can help you get a full body workout at home or in the great outdoors. Stay whole-body fit from the safety of your home.
- Great Traveling Gym : No matter where you go, take a few resistance bands with you for a full-body workout from anywhere.
WOD Nation is a popular company in the CrossFit community. They have a reputation for producing good quality training equipment at realistic prices. These closed-loop bands are durable and versatile and can be used for a range of exercises and workouts.
- Color-coded for easy identification
- 41-inches in length
- Available in five strengths
- 100% latex-free rubber
- Lifetime guarantee
Closed-loop bands might not be quite as comfortable to use as resistance bands with handles, but they are generally more robust and less likely to break. This type of band can still be used for most upper body and lower body exercises. They can also be combined with barbells and to make pull-ups and dips more manageable.
Versatile and long-lasting, WOD bands are good for more than pull-ups and chin-ups. In fact, they are one of the most versatile fitness products around.
- Comfortable and Environmentally Friendly. Our exercise bands are made from premium quality sturdy and environmentally friendly cotton polyester elastic fabric materials, It can be used for any type of work out. The resistance bands can stay put for a safe and comfortable workout such as stretch and strengthen hips, legs and thighs. Not only are these fitness resistance bands great for working out at the gym but also for use at home or everywhere else.
- Portable and Durable.These high quality hip resistance bands are elastic, durable and abrasion resistant can be stretched repeatedly without folding, the elastic material of the band makes them more flexible and easy to bend. It's suitable for women and men and package comes with a carry bag, they will not take up much place and easy to carry, you can train everywhere at any time you want. They are fit for anyone from beginners to professionals.
- Workouts and Training.The hurdilen exercise bands unlike rubber and latex bands, these are made from soft, skin-friendly fabric that won’t slip up or down roll during exercise and soft knitting surfaces don't rub against your skin. No need to readjust the hip bands during workout, they are breathable, anti-slip and anti-roll up. Resistance bands can effective for strengthening the muscles of your arms, legs, butt and shoulder.
- Multifunctional Hip Bands.Never worry about the problem of your body shape, the exercise bands will exalt the hip and modify the legs, shape a beautiful figure and while can relieve the pressure and fatigue effectively. These exercise bands allowing you to work all muscles throughout your whole body.
- Superior Product.Hurdilen will always provide the superior product. Anything else and we’ll do whatever else it takes to keep you happy. So grab our amazing, cost-effective product for you and your friends!
Most serious booty bands are sold singularly. That can be a problem if you like to do a variety of different butt-building exercises or squat using different stances – from narrow to sumo. This band set contains three different strength booty bands, which means you’ll always have the right band for whatever exercise you are doing.
- Pack contains three bands: light, medium, and strong
- Available in four different colors
- Supplied with a storage bag and workout plan
- Non-slip, anti-roll blend of latex and cotton
- Reinforced joins for added strength
If you want to build a better booty, these bands will help. Not only can you use them for squats and leg presses, but you can also use them for side-lying leg raises, donkey kicks, and a host of other butt-building exercises.
This three-band set costs about the same amount as one regular booty band, making them excellent value for money. Ideal for female exercisers, this product will make your lower body workouts much more effective.
1 used from $7.58
- RESISTANCE BAND: Designed for light and speedy mobility, the exercise band can be rolled up to stash in a gym bag, suitcase, or overnight trip making it perfect for travel, gym, or in-home use
- TUFF-TUBE DURABLE RUBBER: This heavy-duty, high quality material has greater resistance to abrasion and tears to stand up to the rigorous demands of professional use
- TUFF SLEEVE PROTECTIVE HANDLE: The handle plug, protective sleeve and grommet reinforcement features help to make the Xertube one of the most durable and reliable resistance bands on the market
- GREAT FOR ALL TYPES OF FITNESS: Helps you isolate target muscles more effectively and is perfect for use in group training and strength-conditioning classes, Pilates and physical therapy and rehabilitation
- HIGH-QUALITY PERFORMANCE: Built to a professional grade quality and designed for commercial gyms and clubs to be used 100 times a day versus 100 times a year in a home gym
SPRI Xertube Resistance Bands have built-in handles, which means they are generally stronger and more robust than those interchangeable handles. Popular in group exercise classes, these bands are versatile and long-lasting.
- Strong webbing handles
- Available in four strengths
- Heavy-duty construction
- Rubber sleeves to prevent ends of tubes breaking
- Can be used with a door anchor – sold separately
There is a reason that SPRI Xertubes are popular in gyms the world over; they are built to last. Available in four strengths, from light to very heavy, these exercise bands with built-in handles will provide years of faithful service, even if you use them daily.
These bands aren’t the cheapest in our resistance band reviews, but they are amongst the most robust and reliable. If you want a band that can stand up to even the toughest workout, this is the one for you.
Resistance bands can help you shape up in your own home and are ideal for people who need a portable workout for when they travel. Use this key information to get the most out of your resistance bands.
How to use Resistance Bands
One of the main advantages of resistance bands over other forms of strength training is that they are so easy to use. Most products come with instructions, but here are some additional guidelines to make sure your workouts are as safe and productive as possible.
Resistance band sets usually comprise of handles and interchangeable cables. You then add or subtract cables of varying strengths to adjust the workload. Some allow you to combine or stack cables to create more demanding workouts. You then stand on the middle of the bands and hold the handles to perform various upper body and lower body workouts. You can also put the bands behind your upper back to replicate exercises like bench presses, push-ups, and flyes.
Most of these sets also include door anchors. This will allow you to do pulling exercises such as rows and pull-downs. Attach the ankle straps, put the door anchor down low, and you can also hip inner and outer thigh exercises.
Loop-type bands, especially the larger 41” type, are almost as versatile but don’t tend to come with handles or door attachments.
You simply stand in the loop and grip the band with your hands to do a variety of upper and lower body exercises.
In addition, you can tie these bands to barbells and, having weighted down the other end of the band, use them for squats and presses.
Loop-type bands can also be used for pulling exercises, but you will need to tie them to a suitable anchor, such as a strong joist or post.
Mini-bands and hip circles are customarily worn just above or just below your knees to make lower body exercises like squats and leg presses more demanding. You must push your knees out against the resistance offered by the band, which increases hip and glute muscle activation.
If you are still unsure how to use your bands, visit YouTube, where you’ll find lots of workouts and instructional videos.
Resistance Bands vs. Weights
Are you still on the fence about resistance bands? Here are some of the advantages and benefits compared to weights.
- Portability – even the most comprehensive set of resistance bands is small and light enough to slip into a suitcase or even briefcase. This makes them ideal for exercisers who need to take their workout with them wherever they go.
- Storage – not going to use your bands for a while? No problem – just pop them in a drawer. Weights are much bulkier and harder to store.
- Safety – lifting weights is an excellent form of exercise. Still, it can also be dangerous, especially if you drop whatever you are lifting. Resistance bands are easier on your joints, and you won’t hurt yourself if you drop one. As an added benefit, resistance bands are all but silent in use, which is useful if you want to avoid disturbing your housemates or neighbors when you work out.
- Price – weights are expensive, especially if you buy strength training machines, such as a multi-gym. In contrast, even the most comprehensive set of resistance bands won’t cost much more than a single dumbbell and will be far more versatile.
- Benefits – resistance bands are every bit as effective as weights. Combined with all the benefits outlined above, it’s clear that bands are a brilliant exercise choice!
Resistance bands provide a very cost-effective, safe, convenient way to work out at home. They are also compact and portable enough that you can take them on your travels. You can pick up a very useable set of resistance bands for much less than the price a month’s gym membership and, if you look after them, you should get years of use from them.
With three main types of bands to choose from, it’s important that you buy the right kind for the workout you want to do. Multi-band sets are arguably the most versatile, but loop bands come a very close second. Mini-bands and hip circles can be useful, too, especially for increasing the intensity of lower body workouts. You may even decide that you need a few different types of bands to create the ultimate home gym set up. Because bands are well-priced, even buying multiple sets of bands won’t break the bank.
Once you’ve made your choice and you’ve got your bands, you’ll have everything you need to get fit, tone up, and get stronger and healthier, all in the comfort of your home.
For all your home workout needs be sure to visit the Fitness Equipment Reviews homepage.
Choosing the best resistance band(s) for your needs is easy with our detailed reviews & ratings.