25 Best Power Rack and Squat Racks for Home – [Reviewed]
For the dedicated weight lifter, bench presses and squats are a key part of your workout routine. This only makes sense. Since your quads and pectorals are some of the largest muscles in your body, they’re going to be essential to just about any regime.
To perform these workouts, you need somewhere to rest your barbell between sets. That’s where a power rack comes in.
A power rack consists of two vertical posts, with brackets on them to support the ends of your barbell. Depending on the model, many of these racks also include a pulldown bar, additional workout stations, or a bench for doing your presses on.
Here, we’re going to take a look at some of the best power racks available online. We’re looking for durability, versatility, and ease of use. And for you bargain hunters, we’ve also looked for the best value.
Let’s get started!
Best Power Rack
- ROCK SOLID, STURDY & SAFE – Whether you are racking your heavy barbell or performing pull-ups, this rack will has your back. It will remain completely still with no shaking or rocking. Comes with heavy duty safety bars for your safety and security while using this rack. Constructed of 2” x 2” 12-gauge steel with rubber base caps that encase each foot to add safety, stability, and floor protection.
- CHANGE UP YOUR WORKOUT- This squat cage can be used in many ways. Includes a pull up station with knurled grip at the top of the workout cage, in addition to the lat pull down station with plate loading carriage (lap bar and low row/curl bar included). Use it for squats, bench, pull-ups, lat pulls, bicep curls and many more!
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE – This squat rack cage does not need to be bolted down. Comes with all necessary hardware and our new and improved manual with easy to follow instructions.
- ORGANIZED & ADJUSTABLE- This weight rack cage allows for an organized home gym with 4 plate storage pegs measuring 8” each for ample storage for both Olympic and standard plates. 27 variable positions for bar support, ranging in height from 17.5” to 68”. Vibrant numbering system to easily identify variable positions.
- ADDITIONAL- 500 lb. max load if using the bar catchers outside of the power cage, 650 lb. max load if using the bar catchers inside the fitness rack, 750 lb. max load for safety bars. 200lb. max load on the Lat Pull down. For longer wear and tear, gently return the carriage to the starting position. Warranty, 3-year frame, 2-year cable, and 1-year hardware. Arrives in 2 separate boxes.
This is no less than a power cage because it is made up of solid 12 gauge steel, has 4 plate storage pegs on the rear, and 2 on each side. The highlight of Valor BD-7 is the lat pulldown station that works on an adjustable pulley. Moreover, there’s also a lap and a low bar to perform different pull-up exercises.
- It can bear a maximum of 800 pounds. (500 pounds if using the catchers outside of the cage, 650 pounds if using the bar catchers inside the cage, and 800 pounds for safety-bars).
- 2 steel squat safety bars.
- 17 distinct positions for bar support.
- A foam-padded utility bar to perform curls and various workouts.
What makes this the best squat rack is its ability to hold the bar support in 17 different positions. The heights range from 17.5” to 68”.
It comes equipped with a pull-up station having knurled grips and a lat pulldown station having plate loading carriage.
- Two feet deep cage can accommodate a person up to 6 feet of height.
- The lat down is pretty smooth.
- Has room for accessories such as storage dumbbells, dip handles (need to be bought separately).
- A full-body workout works on 15 different kinds of muscles in your body.
- The coating on the cable might wear down due to heavy strain.
Valor BD-7 is one of the best power racks for a home gym if you are a professional weightlifter as it is made up of solid chrome steel that is meant to bear a lot of plates.
- SPECS: Assembled dimensions are 46 inches wide x 50 inches deep x 85 inches high
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY: Maximum weight of user is 500 pounds. Maximum training load is 500 pounds
- CONSTRUCTION – The 11- and 12- gauge steel tubing allows this bench to handle heavy weight securely, without compromise
- FEATURES: Built in bar and weight storage; Double gusseted uprights provide exceptional stability and security; J cup catches to safely hold barbell
- RELIABILITY: Durable powder coat finish and industrial zinc hardware provide exceptional maintenance free durability
This power cage has been ranked as the best seller on the market. It is one of the most durable squat racks thanks to being constructed with a combination of 12 and 14 gauge material. Moreover, there’s a three-step powder coat finish on the body to protect it from damage. The only reason we didn’t pick CAP Barbell as our top product is because it can only support 300 pounds including the user’s bodyweight.
- Double gusseted uprights to enhance stability and durability.
- Weighs 61 pounds only.
- Ideal for squats, pull-ups, chin-ups, etc.
- Takes only 90 minutes to assemble.
You don’t need to bolt it down or anchor it to the floor. Despite not having weighing much , this rack doesn’t move from its place when you exercise on it. You may easily perform squats, bench presses, and chin-ups.
There’s hardly any other power rack that you can get under the price tag of this one and with the same quality.
- Easier to move around.
- Adjustable pins.
- It doesn’t take much room.
- 12 and 14 gauge steel thickness.
- Bands, bars, and plates do not accompany the unit, just the rack.
If you are on a low budget and looking for a quality power rack then the CAP Barbell is the best option you can go for.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Power racks help weightlifters work out safely and effectively at home
- SAFETY: The Body-Solid Powerline Power Rack has a wide walk-in design with 24 inches between upright pillars for easy motion during training
- CAPACITY: Rack weighs 133lbs, and has 2 heat-tempered lift-offs, and 2 saber-style safety rods .
- DIMENSIONS: The Body-Solid Powerline Power Rack measures 44 by 46 by 82 inches (L x W x H) with 18 adjustment levels
- SECURITY: Body-Solid's Power Racks and gear sets the standard in home gym equipment
The dimensions of this power rack measure to 44 inches in width, 46 inches in depth and 82 inches in height. These measurements make it possible for weightlifters to perform side to side movements and adjust 18 different positions in height.
- 10-year warranty.
- 2 safety rods (saber style) equipped.
- 2 heat-tempered lift offs.
- 18 levels of adjustment.
This frame doesn’t budge from its position thanks to the upright pillars being 24” apart for free motion.
The liftoffs and safety rods make your workouts safer and effective. There’s also a 41” knurled up chin-up-bar to perform easy chin-ups.
- Full cage-style frame.
- 600-pound capacity.
- Adjustments can be done every 3”.
- 12 gauge frame construction.
- The paint might come off the bars due to wear and tear.
PowerLine PPR200X is perfect for Olympic lifters and to keep in your home to perform squats and other exercises.
Fitness Reality 810XLT
- This item benefits from an Extended 90 Day Return Window
- Your purchase includes One Fitness Reality Super Max Power Cage with two chrome dual mounted safety bars and two chrome lock-on safety. Olympic bar, weight plates and bench are not included
- Cage dimensions – 50.5” L x 46.5” W x 83.5” H | Set up weight – 133.5 lbs. | Carton dimensions – 79” L x 13” W x 10” H | Carton weight – 148 lbs. | Weight capacity – 800 lbs. | Bar dimensions – 2” x 2”
- Ideal for squats, shrugs, chin ups/pull ups, incline/decline bench presses and other strength training exercises
- Each pair of bars can handle a weight capacity of 800 lbs and are adjustable to 19 height levels to give you a total range of work out positions
This a powerful rack as it can support up to 800 pounds with great ease. It doesn’t wobble or lose stability even if you fail a squat.
The only reason Fitness Reality 810XLT lies a bit below in our list is because it doesn’t come equipped with a workbench. However, for $70 extra you can choose the same model with a workbench included.
- 19 adjustable height options and also compatible with 7’ Olympic bars.
- Chrome frame, chrome locks, and chrome safety bars.
- Made from 2×2 heavy-duty tubular steel frame.
- Multi-position chin-up bars.
This rack lets you perform a variety of exercises as there are two 3 ¼ inches long chrome locks. In addition to that, there are two 23 inches long safety bars safely mounted on the rack. You can perform squats, shrugs, pull-ups, curls, push-ups, etc.
The rack is 46 inches in width and 50 inches deep. This dimension makes it easier to perform side to side movements inside the rack and can also accommodate a bench press seat easily.
- Sturdy and stable enough – doesn’t need to be bolted down.
- Compatible with many accessories.
- Supports 800 pounds.
- Extremely durable to last for many years.
- If you are above 6 feet tall, one of the safety bars might come in the way.
The Fitness Reality 810XLT is one of the most powerful racks on the market. You can buy additional equipment such as J hooks to make it more versatile.
Fitness Reality 810XLT Super
- 2" Sq. Steel Tube Construction HD. J Hooks & 1" Solid Steel Safety Bars included.
- 48.5" x 48" x 82.5" H - 140 lbs Olympic Set & weights are shown for information only-not Included.
- Professionally Knurled 1 1/8" Dia Front Chinning Bar. Designed to add many attachments to convert as a home gym.
- 31 holes 2" apart with numbers for adjustment. 2" distance between holes and numbers are essential for efficient lifting
- TDS has been in business for 44 years. Thousands have been sold all over the world.
The best part about this power rack is that it can support up to 1000 pounds. This feature makes this one of the best power racks on the market because you can perform any exercise that you want.
- 11 gauge steel construction.
- Safety bars included.
- Safety bar adjustment (31 holes, 2 inches apart).
- Easy to assemble.
TDS Power Rack is an excellent power rack for home use thanks to it being 72 inches in height and being able to easily accommodate in apartments with lower roofs.
You can place 500 pounds worth of plates on either side, making it a 1000 pounds in total and the durable frame won’t even budge.
- Can accommodate barbells up to 7 feet.
- An 80” pull up bar makes it easier to perform chin-ups and pull-ups.
- No anchoring needed. Just place it under a carpet as it has rubber feet.
- The rack is sturdy and won’t move if you fail a squat.
- The rack weighs 140 pounds and can be a bit daunting to move around.
If you are in search of a heavy duty power rack that can support a lot of mass then this one is the best choice.
$179.99 in stock
- Sturdy & Durable -- Ollieroo Barbell Stands are made of high quality steel that provides Maximum safety, Max Load Capacity is 480Lbs.
- Double Height Adjustable -- Adjustable Barbell Rack that suitable for a variety of height requirement. Bracket Height range of 46.8''-68.1''; Base range of 30.3''-48''
- Guaranteed Safety -- Non-slip and abrasion-resistant rubber end caps firmly position the Squat Rack and prevent damage to the floor injured joints.
- Innovative Design -- Innovative and Multi-functional design with Bell Bar and the unique base (stent more solid). Ideal for flat, incline, and shoulder bench presses, squats, curls, rows, and more.
- 100% Guaranteed -- We offer 100% Guaranteed Satisfaction and Replacement for Damage. Easy to get money back if you unsatisfied with our Multi-function Barbell Rack. That's because We wholeheartedly to provide you with a new shopping experience.
If assembling a power rack sends shivers down your spine then do not worry, Ollieroo comes almost pre-assembled and you do not have to assemble it from scratch. This Barbell Rack occupies minimal space and can cater to the exercising needs of both beginners and experienced users as it supports up to 480 pounds.
- Ideal for bench press, squats, pressing, etc.
- Adjust to variable heights to accommodate your height.
- Made up of heavy-duty carbon steel.
- Weighs only 47 pounds.
You can perform various exercises including shoulder bench presses, squats, curls, rows, and chin-ups. There is also an incline with this multi-functional barbell rack which opens a whole new range of workouts.
The frame is coated with anti-rust powder so expert this rack to run for a long time without any issues.
Make adjustments as per your will. It offers adjustments with a bracket height range of 46.8”-68.1” and base range of 30.3”-48′.
- Corrosion proof.
- The rubber caps are non-slippery and abrasion-proof.
- Lightweight – easier to move around.
- Not suited for heavy lifting (above 480 pounds).
The Ollieroo is recommended for people who are low on budget and want a heavy-duty yet compact rack for their home gym.
$82.99 in stock
- Practical:Ideal for squats and bench presses - Suitable for use with both standard and Olympic sized bars.
- High Quality: Squat dumbbell racks stands are made of heavy duty 50mm steel tube frame; Max. Load 441 lb / 200 kg.
- Anti-skid:The barbell bench press stands feet pads equipped with anti-skid to avoid damage to the floor, which also increased the security.
- Adjustable:The barbell stands have 14 adjustable safety pins on each post to help you adjust to the appropriate height to meet your need（5cm gaps）; adjustable Height 45-70.5inch / 114-179 cm.
- Safe & Secure:For added safety and stability, this adjustable squat rack uses selective metal nuts paired with quality washers.Please use a wrench to fasten the nuts. Nuts cannot be fully tightened by hand.
The Yaheetech can support up to 480 pounds and has a full metal black finish which gives it a good appearance. The height can be adjusted between 44-70 inches as well.
- Heavy-duty carbon steel construction.
- There are safety pins (adjustable) on either side.
- Anti-skid feet pads to make it stand firmly.
- Anti scuff rubber on the feet to prevent floor damage.
This rack has 14 different holes which means there are 14 different height adjustment options. These 14 holes are spaced at 2 inches.
The Yaheetech 2pcs Adjustable Rack takes up little room in the gym, garage or home as the dimensions are 21 x 19 x (44-70)” (LxWxH).
- Supports 480 pounds.
- Durable frame.
- Safety locking.
- Weighs only 44 pounds and can be moved easily.
- You have to unscrew the spotters every time when you want to adjust the height.
- The rack is front-heavy and tends to roll forward sometimes.
One of the cheapest racks in price but certainly not cheap in quality, Yaheetech is a good choice if you want a rack for home.
Fitness Reality X-Class
- 1500 lbs of real weight capacity. 2" x 3" tubular steel frame construction A BONUS pair of J-Hooks included
- Two adjustable 2"x 20" high Density rubber grip dip handles with user weight capacity of 600 lbs
- Two 11.5" safety bars and two 35.5" dual mounted safety bars with each set combined weight capacity of 1500 lbs. Compatible with 7' Olympic bars
- 2 height position adjustable multi-grip chin up/pull up bars with a weight capacity of 600 lbs
- Expand the power cage by adding the optional Fitness Reality lat pull down attachment, Olympic bars and Fitness Reality utility bench (not included)
This power rack is an all-rounder as it lets you perform a variety of exercises. The strong tubular steel frame on this power rack offers unmatchable strength and durability which is why it is meant to last for years. It comes equipped with a lat down pull attachment and chin-up-bar as well.
- Two safety bars.
- Bears up to 1500 pounds.
- Chin-up-bar can support 600 pounds.
- It has a lat pulldown attachment as well.
It is one of the strongest power racks with a 2 x 3 “ tubular frame that bears around 1500 pounds. Therefore, this particular power rack is ideal for different needs.
The handles come equipped with a high-density rubber grip to ensure that the grip is firm and non-slippery. It offers great security and peace of mind to the user.
The power rack itself weighs around 265 pounds and doesn’t budge on the ground no matter how much you stack on it. The ground won’t suffer any scratches or damage even if you are exercising with heavy-duty Olympic size weights.
The chin-up-bar is adjustable to two different heights and can bear up to 600 pounds.
- Offers 24 kinds of exercises.
- Lat down pull is optional and can be detached as well.
- 25 adjustable height levels.
- Heavy-duty frame.
- Very safe to use.
- The utility bench is not included with the set.
This power rack is suitable for people who want to perform heavy-duty exercises. Apart from that, it offers everything an athlete requires to build muscles and tone their body including lat down pull, chin-up-bar, etc.
- ️ 2"x 2" sturdy steel gauge and 4 solid steel chrome adjustable weight bar supports
- ️ Built in pull up bar, safety spotter, lat pull down, and a low row attachment
- ️ 21 variable positions for bar supports ranging in height from 17.5” to 68”.
- ️ Solid Steel Chrome pull up bar with knurled grips. The construction stands 85” tall with an inside depth of 45”.
- ️ Lifetime warranty on Frame and 2-year warranty on parts.
The Merax has full-length safety bars inside the cage, which makes it virtually impossible to drop a dumbbell on your feet.
- 4 weight-bar supports
- 500 pounds cap
- 56” x 44” footprint
- Safety bars inside the cage
- Built-in chin-up-bar, lat pulldown bar, and lower rowing/curling bar
- 4 standard-sized holders on the outside of the cage
The Merax Olympic Squat Cage is designed to be an all-in-one weightlifting machine. Provided you have a bench, you can use it for squats, presses, chin-ups, lat pulldowns, rowing, and curling. It features four standard-sized holders on the outside of the rear bar supports, so it can double as a rack. That said, it supports themselves have a total capacity of 500 pounds, which is on the low end of the scale.
- Highly versatile
- Safe design
- Plenty of storage space
- Limited capacity
This versatile machine is a near-complete home gym; just add weights and a bench and you’re ready to rock.
Valor PRO BD-58
- HEAVY DUTY SQUAT RACK- One of the STRONGEST racks you will find! Rated for 1,000 lb, the BD-58 is constructed with a 3" x 3", 11-gauge steel for strength and durability throughout the frame. The floor mount base support adds further stability to this half rack, while you have the option to remove the rubber end caps and bolt the unit to the floor if required for even more stability.
- MULTI-GRIP PULL UP TOWER- The BD-58 features a multi-grip pull up bar with multiple hand grips so you can perform pull ups or chin ups in up to 5 different positions! This includes a traditional/standard grip, a close grip, wide grip, and a 45-degree angled grip so you can build those back, arm, and shoulder muscles you have been looking for! The pull up station has an adjustable height from 79" to 94" to find the right pull up bar height for you or your gym.
- VERSATILE TRAINING- In addition to pull ups, use the BD-58 Squat Rack to perform your heavy squat workout with the help of the 23" long safety bars! With 43.5" of width inside this power rack, you can easily slide a bench for both flat and incline bench press. J-hooks can be adjusted to the right height for you to rack or unrack your barbell during both bench and squat workouts, while you can also use the 4 band pegs to get resistance training in with banded squat and bench press workouts!
- OLYMPIC BARBELL AND PLATE STORAGE- Keep your gym or fitness space clean and organized with the BD-58! The Olympic bar holders on both sides of the frame allow you to easily hook and store up to 2 Olympic barbells. 6 weight storage pegs give you ample bumper plate storage to get your weights off the floor and keep them organized!
- ADDITIONAL- The BD-58 Squat Rack measures 53" x 72" x 86", but due to the adjustable pull up bar the maximum height is 94". Meant for home or garage gym and light-commercial use. Max weight load of 1,000 lb. Warranty, 5-year. Arrives in 4 separate boxes.
The Valor BD-58 is constructed from 11 gauge steel, so it can take a serious beating.
- 2 weight bar supports
- 1,000-pound cap
- 53.5” x 72” footprint
- Built-in multi-grip pull-up-bar
- Adjustable safety spotters
- 11 gauge steel construction
- 6 Olympic-sized weight holders on the outside of the cage
The Valor BD-58 Half Rack is a tough, rugged rack that’s designed for squats, and can be upgraded with a weight bench for presses. Even without a bench, it features a pull-up bar on top of the frame, with downturned ends so you can do multiple types of pull-ups, including 45-degree pull-ups.
This rack is on the pricier side, but the overall quality makes it a worthwhile investment.
- Designed for Olympic-sized weights
- Durable construction
- Safe design
- Plenty of storage space
This beast of a rack is designed for Olympic-sized weights.
FORCE USA Monster G3
- The space-saving Force USA Monster G3 Home Gym combines a power rack, smith machine, and a cable pulley system into one versatile strength training system!
- The steel Power Rack component includes commercial grade J-Hooks and Safeties which can be adjusted using westside hole spacing to any height position you need.
- The Functional Trainer allows you to perform over 75 different exercises. Features adjustable height positions to perform shoulder, arms, chest, back, core and leg exercises.
- The Smith Machine is angled for natural body movement to provide a strong and safe workout. Re-rack your Smith bar with ease into any height position you need.
- Compact size: 51"W x 55"D x 87"H. 770lb weight rating. 2:1 Pulley ratio.
The Force USA Monster G3 includes six Olympic-sized holders, so you won’t have to stack your weights on the floor.
- 4 weight bar supports
- 770 pound cap
- 55” x 51” footprint
- Adjustable safety spotters
- Built-in Smith machine and cable pulley machine
- Vertical barbell holders for Olympic and standard-sized bars
- 6 Olympic-sized weight holders on the back of the machine
The Force USA Monster G3 Power Rack is a versatile power stack that’s suitable for a wide variety of workouts. Even without a bench, you can do squats, pull-ups, curls, and rowing, thanks to the Smith machine and the cable pulley system. It’s expensive, but it’s designed for commercial gyms, so you know you’re getting top quality.
- Can be used for almost any lift
- Safe design
- Plenty of storage capacity
This power rack features vertical barbell holders, which keep your bars out of the way when they’re not in use.
- HEAVY DUTY- Constructed of 2” x 2” 12-gauge steel. Rubber base caps encase each foot to add safety, stability, and floor protection.
- VERSATILE- Includes a multi-grip pull up station at the top of the rack, allowing for a wide range of exercises and uses. Band/strap peg holes positioned along the top and bottom. Band/strap pegs (MB-L) and spring clips (SC-1) sold separately.
- ADJUSTABLE- 27 variable positions for bar support, ranging in height from 15” to 67”. Vibrant numbering system to easily identify variable positions.
- STORAGE PEGS- Allows for an organized home gym with 4 plate storage pegs measuring 8” each for ample storage for both Olympic and standard plates.
- ADDITIONAL- 500 lb. max load if using the bar catchers outside cage, 650 lb. max load if using bar catchers inside the cage, 750 lb. max load for safety bars. Warranty, 3-year frame and 1-year hardware. Arrives in 2 separate boxes.
The Valor BD-33 comes with storage pegs for both Olympic and standard-sized weights.
- Capacity of 500 pounds
- 63” x 53 ¼” footprint
- Safety spotter poles inside the cage
- 2 Olympic and 2 standard-sized weight holders on the outside of the machine
- Multiple accessories available
The Valor BD-33 Heavy Duty Power Cage is the base unit for a complete modular system. You can order it on its own and add more parts later, or buy the entire package at once for a slight discount.
In addition to the basic squat cage, other parts include a power rack with crossover cables, and a pulley system for doing lat pulldowns, rows, and curls.
- Modular design
- Supports both standard and Olympic-sized weights
- Great value
- Limited weight-capacity
This power cage features an angled pull-up bar that allows for just about any type of pull-up.
- Constructed with 11 gauge steel, this power cage has a 1000lb weight capacity. The 2.5in X 2.5in frame offers greater stability throughout
- Power Cage also includes two steel safety bars with J-Hooks, two dip bars and BONUS J-Hooks
- Free standing unit with a large walk-in space and rubber feet to ensure stability and protect flooring
- Front of rack includes a multigrip pull-up bar for additional exercises and stretches. Cross bars can also be used for band & resistance training
- Assembled dimensions: 81" x 44" x 47". Product weight: 165 Pounds (power cage only)
The HulkFit is a modular power cage with several add-ons available.
- 1,000-pound limit
- 44” x 47 ¼” footprint
- Multiple add-ons available
- Includes 2 adjustable dip bars
- Built-in angled pull-up bar
- Safety spotter bars inside of the cage
The HulkFit 1000-Pound Capacity Multi-Function Adjustable Power Cage is the base model of HulkFit’s modular power cage. If you want to upgrade, you can add their bench, cable crossover, or lat pulldown/rowing attachment. Alternatively, you can upgrade to the full package from the get-go, and you’ll receive a small discount versus buying all components separately.
- Small footprint
- Modular design
- Low-quality finish
This is one of only two power cages on our list that includes a dip bar in the base package.
- HEAVY DUTY- Constructed of 2.5” x 2.5” 12-gauge steel. Rubber base caps encase each foot to add safety, stability, and floor protection. Includes J-Hooks constructed of heavy duty steel with rugged plastic padding providing shock absorption to safely rack and protect Olympic bars.
- VERSATILE- Contains all the attributes of the BD-41 Heavy Duty Power Cage, with the added Valor Fitness Lat Pull Attachment, including the black diamond footplate, and the BD-CC2.5 Cable Crossover Attachment that includes 2 attachable cable machines to fit both sides of the Power Cage, along with 2 single adjustable handles that attach to the pulley system.
- DOUBLE BAR TRACK- Creates more stability and a smoother movement when using either Olympic or standard plates.
- SPACE SUFFICIENT- With multiple units built into one, this transforms the BD-41 Hard Power Rack into a full, commercial gym style machine while only measuring 85” x 120” x 86”.
- ADDITIONAL- Weight plates and barbell NOT included. 500 lb. max load if using the bar catchers outside of the cage, 650 lb. max load if using the bar catchers inside the cage, 750 lb. max load for safety bars. 200 lb. max load on the Lat Pull and on each side of the Cable Crossover. For longer wear and tear, gently return the carriage to the starting position. Warranty, 3-year frame, 2-year cable, and 1-year hardware. Arrives in 6 separate boxes.
The Valor BD-41 allows you to do most of the exercises you can do in a professional gym.
- Max-limit of 500 pounds
- 104 ½” x 79 ¼” footprint
- Includes cable crossover
- Includes lat pulldown/curling cable rig
- 2 standard and 2 Olympic-sized weight holders on sides of the machine
- 2 safety spotter bars inside cage
The Valor BD-41 Heavy Duty Power Cage is a complete home gym setup and features not just a squat cage, but also a cable crossover and a pulley system for lat pulldowns and curls. With all of these features, it’s a bit pricey, but you can save money by ordering a smaller package with only the features you need.
- Supports both Olympic and standard-sized weights
- Complete home gym
- Highly versatile
- Base model available for a reduced price
- Limited weight capacity
This power cage features holders for both standard and Olympic-sized weights.
HulkFit Multi-Function Adjustable
1 used from $254.55
- Assembled dimensions: 81"Height, 44" Width, 46" Depth. Product weight: 110 Pounds
- Two pullup bars at different diameters are included and mounted at your preferred height
- Included are two spotter arms/dip bars with safety locks and two J-Hooks.
- Two weight plate holders (upright) designed for convenience and stability
- Constructed with 12 gauge steel, this squat stand has a 800lb weight capacity. The 2.5in x 2.5in frame offers greater stability
The HulkFit Multi-Function features an H-frame base that’s exceptionally stable.
- 44” x 46 ¼” footprint
- 2 adjustable safety spotters with built-in dip bars
- Includes 2 adjustable straight pull-up bars
- 2 built-in standard-sized weight-holders
The HulkFit Multi-Function Adjustable Power Rack has a limit of 800 pounds, which isn’t the best on our list but should be plenty for anyone who’s not training at the same level as Dwayne Johnson. It includes a pair of straight pull-up bars, one large diameter, and one small diameter. Both are adjustable.
This rack is very reasonably priced, a great value considering everything you get.
- Sturdy design
- Stable H-frame base
- Low-quality finish
This is the second power rack we’ve looked at that includes a dip bar. Not surprisingly, both machines are HulkFits.
- IMPROVE YOUR FORM: If youre not lifting weights right, you could strain or injure a muscle, putting you out of the game for months. Thats why weve designed this premium power rack. With 2 catches, it acts as a spotter for some exercises, making it ideal for home gyms. It has a wide walk-in design. Stay safe while you work out with Titans lifting cage.
- BUILD MUSCLE: Get ripped using Titans Power Rack. It offers a total of 28 positions, accommodating several different heights and exercises. You can perform a variety of exercises with this power rack, including chin-ups, deadlifts, cross training, and squats. Place a bench underneath and perform bench presses. Youll be looking swole and muscular in no time.
- MADE FROM HEAVY-DUTY STEEL: Steel is renowned for its ability to support heavy loads without bending or bowing. This heavy-duty steel can withstand up to 700 pounds. No matter how many weights you lift, the power rack will offer increased support, especially when muscle fatigue sets in. Trust the powerful Titan Power Rack for all your strength training needs.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The squat rack features steel uprights that are 2inches by 2inches. The chin-up bar is 1 quarter-inch in diameter. It is 83 inch high and weighs 107 pounds. The pull-up bar is 80 inches high. The opening of the power rack is 44inches with a depth of 48inches. The front to back bar measures at 26inches. There is a floor space of 48inches by 48inches.
Titan offers quality, safety, and security. There are solid steel safety pins to enhance security and 28 holes to make adjustments. It’s a high-quality power rack meant to run for a long time.
- It provides 26 inches of inside space to work.
- Includes a chin-up-bar that is 44 inches wide and 1 ¼ inch in diameter to allow safe pull-ups and chin-ups.
- It can bear 700 pounds.
- Constructed from durable steel.
The Titan Power Rack offers tremendous durability and stability when you place a maximum of up to 700 pounds due to it being constructed from 12 gauge steel.
- Easy to assemble.
- Ideal for pullups, dips, bench presses, and many other exercises.
- Extremely solid and durable.
- HD-J hooks included.
- Row bars are slightly frustrating when sliding in and out.
For the money, the Titan is the right rack because it offers durability and is also adjustable.
- QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Made from heavy 14-gauge strength steel
- SAFETY: The Body-Solid Best Fitness Power Rack helps weightlifters with training safely and effectively at home. Includes 2 adjustable lift-offs and 2 full-length safety bars
- CAPACITY: Rack weights 117 pounds and supports up to 500 pounds
- DIMENSIONS: The Body-Solid Fitness Power Rack measures 45 x 47 x 83 inches
- SECURITY: Body-Solid's Power Racks and gear sets the standard in home gym equipment.
If you are on a lookout to get a power rack that’s both durable and flexible when it comes to adjustment the best fitness is a good option. It can support a maximum of 500 pounds and also has an attractive look.
- 23 positions for adjustments (3 inches apart).
- Powder coat paint on the frame enhances durability.
- 14 gauge steel construction.
- Full-length safety bars.
This Power Rack is meant for standing squats and pull-ups. However, you can buy a separate bench to perform bench presses as well.
There are 2 full-length safeties on the frame and 2 liftoffs as well and the frame also has room to attach a dip and a lat attachment.
- 500 pounds max-capacity.
- Approximate 7 feet tall.
- Suitable for a 7’ Olympic barbell workout as well.
- Easy to assemble
- Safety rods might not line up perfectly.
This power rack is suitable for users who want to work with weights under 500 pounds.
- RACK SIZE: 84" x 48" x 48" inches - 58 inches wide at rear bottom brace
- WORKING ROOM: 26 inch inside-to-inside depth and 44 inch width is plenty of working room
- CAPACITY: 1000 lb capacity on bar hooks, 400 lb on pullup bar, 400 lb on dip attachment
- Includes Power rack with dual pullup bars, 1.25 inch standard and 2 inch fat-grip. Does NOT include dip attachment or bench
- Matte black powder coating, plastic-lined j-cups to protect bar knurling, numbered uprights every 5th hole, extra bar holders on front of safeties
Rep Power Rack is ideal for beginners and professionals as well. The body is made up of steel and there are extra bar holders for added safety. Moreover, there’s a 2-inch hole gap between the holders as well.
- Bears up to 1000 pounds.
- The pull-up bar withstands up to 400 pounds.
- Enhanced stability thanks to the horns at the back.
- The dip handles are padded.
The power rack itself weighs only 144 pounds but that doesn’t stop it from being one of the most durable squat racks on the market.
It is composed of 14 gauge steel and 2mm steel. These numbers aren’t found in many power racks under this price range making it one of the best power racks out there.
Assembling the rack is a breeze because the company provides an easy to understand visual step-by-step guide to go with it. It would take an hour to get it assembled but once done you’d be able to enjoy all that it has to offer.
- Padded J hooks come with the set for added security.
- Powder coating on the frame makes it more durable.
- Numbers are stamped on crossbar slots to read.
- 26-inch depth and 44-inch width give enough room to exercise.
- Dip attachment and bent not included.
This power rack is ideal for people who exercise daily and perform a variety of exercises including squats, chin-ups, etc.
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION – This rack boasts a heavy-duty 12-gauge, 3-inch welded steel frame. Its revolutionary quad-linkage system offers fast front-to-rear seat positioning. And a front-tube swivel catch offers leg-lock access for sit-up positions.
- FULL-BODY WORKOUT – The PM-3800 power rack lets you target different body parts and muscle groups for an all-around workout. The top bar alone allows more than 30 strength-training exercises, including squats and military presses.
- CHROME-PLATED ACCENTING – The bar catches, dip handles, safety catches, and other components have a chrome-plated finish that protects the rack from rust and everyday wear and tear for long-term usability.
- DURABLE AND ADJUSTABLE BENCH – The bench has a thick, high-density, double-stitched contoured padding that is resilient and hard-wearing. It also sports adjustable back and seat pads that take multiple configurations, such as incline, decline, flat, and shoulder press positions for a variety of workouts.
- GYM-QUALITY TRAINING EXPERIENCE – The Marcy PM-3800 boasts high-tensile strength hardware and industrial-grade parts. It also exhibits an open full-cage design for safe training and injury prevention.
This is one of the best squat racks thanks to its ability to support 500 pounds, offer safety and convenience as well. The 12 gauge rigid body is durable enough to run for years and you can target various muscles in your body by varying exercises.
- Quad Linkage system (front to rear seat positioning).
- Chrome-plated body prevents rust.
- Padded and double stitched bench with an adjustable back seat.
- Gravity lock to avoid accidental injuries.
The wheels underneath Marcy Platinum power rack make it mobile. You can move it from room to room or around your gym with convenience.
There are handles on the top bar to perform pull-ups, chin-ups, and various stretching exercises. The side handles are there to makes it easier to perform dip exercises.
Additionally, the safety bar can be adjusted into 8 different holes.
- Easier to assemble.
- Comfortable back seat.
- Approximately 7 feet in height.
- The bench can do a full incline/decline.
- The bench is a bit heavy.
If you are in search of a powerful and long term running power rack then the Marcy Platinum one won’t disappoint.
- Rugged: 3" X 3" commercial military grade steel construction, 1000 lb weight capacity
- Space Saving: 53" x 49.5" x 73" assembled dims, suitable for your home gym or a large-scale training facility
- Adjustable: 23 safety arm positions measuring 1.5" and 3"
- Safety: Locking j-hooks and 23” safety spotters
- Versatile: Equally equipped for squats, bench, clean pulls, and floor press.
The XMark is engineered for safety, with long safety spotter rails beneath the J-hooks.
- 1,000 pounds max load
- 53” x 49.5” footprint
- Adjustable safety spotter rails
- 11 gauge steel construction
- Additional dip handles available
The XMark Multi-Function Adjustable Squat Rack is a tough, beefy power rack that’s engineered from heavy, 11 gauge steel. It features a pair of vertical weight-bar supports, with J-hooks for holding your barbell, and long safety spotter rails underneath to catch your bar if you drop it.
This rack ships as a basic squat rack, with no extra attachments. That said, there’s plenty of clearance between the bars to add a weight bench for bench presses. There’s also an additional dip handle available directly from XMark, to add even more functionality.
- Rugged engineering
- Safe design
- A little pricey
This rugged squat rack is tough enough for use in a gym.
- Total footprint: 48” x 47” x 93” (LxWxH). Inside dims: 40” x 42” (LxW).
- 1,000 lb capacity on J-Cups, 400 lb capacity on pull-up bar, 11-gauge steel with 2x3” steel uprights.
- 1.25” pull-up bar.
- Perfect for bench press, squats, pull-ups, muscle-ups, and much more.
- Matte black powder coating.
The Rep SR-3100 is a barebones power rack that will get the job done without breaking the bank.
- 2 weight bar supports
- 1,000 pounds total-capacity
- 48” x 47” footprint
- Constructed from 11 gauge steel
- Built-in straight pull-up-bar
The Rep SR-3100 is more compact than most of the racks on our list, with a small footprint that’s just under four feet square. At this size, it’s suitable for just about any space.
The SR-3100 is small and cheap, but it’s far from chintzy. It can support up to 1,000 pounds, so even Olympic-level powerlifters can train on it.
- Durable construction
- Available with a bench for an extra cost
- Small footprint
- No extra features
- No safety spotters
This squat rack is surprisingly rugged for the price, constructed from heavy gauge steel.
- Solid Construction for Sturdiness---The main frame is constructed from steel. All tube seams are welded to provide additional strength and stability. And all steel components are powder coated and sealed. It is easy to keep clean and ideal for years of use.
- Non-Slip Rubber Feet for Safety Guarantee---Non-slip and abrasion-resistant rubber feet can ensure safety and avoid damage to the floor, which make the power rack firmly stand on the floor. What's more, the weight capacity of it is 500 lbs, so it's pretty steady while you are doing exercise.
- Walk-In Design for Plenty Space---A wide walk-in design offers plenty of side-to-side movement space. What's more, adjustable barbell rack makes it suitable for a variety of heights (11.6" - 75.4").
- Functional Power Rack for Widely Use---Perfect to use for weightlifting, the included bar catches can be used to assist while performing squats, dead lifts, curls, etc. The reinforced overhead workout bar can be used for body-weight training such as pull-ups, chin-ups, leg raises, squats, dips and more.
- 29 Levels Adjustable Barbell Rack Height---Height of this barbell rack can be adjusted according to different training goals. With a clear instruction, it can be assembled in only a few minutes and once taken down can be easily stored out of the way.
The GOPLUS J-hooks can be adjusted to a whopping 29 positions, making it one of the most adjustable on the market.
- 2 weight bar supports
- 400 pounds cap
- 50” x 45” footprint
- 2 standard-sized holders on the back of the machine
The GOPLUS Adjustable Power Rack is a lightweight squat rack that’s capable of supporting 400 pounds. That’s not enough for advanced lifters, but most beginners will get a lot of value out of this rack.
It also features a pair of standard-sized holders, so you can keep your weights neatly organized without the need to stack them on the floor. What a great deal!
- Storage capacity
- Highly adjustable
- No safety spotters
This is a very inexpensive power rack, ideal if you’re building your home gym on a budget.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Each weight cage comes with an integrated pullup bar, (2) j-cups, and (2) full length safety bars. The PR-1100 is a safe, stable freestanding weight cage that does not need to be anchored to the floor. Floor anchor points are not included on this model. Please note that the bottom brackets have an improved design that no longer requires side plates.
- DESIGNED FOR HOME GYMS: At a total height of only 84 inches, the PR-1100 gives you maximum functionality in a package that fits in most home gym spaces. Now you can squat, press, and perform hundreds of other strength exercises in your home safely and effectively. Dimensions: 84” tall x 48” wide x 47.5” deep (84" is to top of pull-up bar, when mounted as shown in the photos, Top of uprights is 82" if you prefer to mount the pull-up bar upside down). Inside cage dimensions: 44” wide x 45.5” deep.
- ADVANCED FEATURES: We engineered our latest weight cage to have the features you need at the price you want. Where other manufacturers sacrifice quality and utility, we kept adding features to make our cage better! Extended safety bars, integrated multi-grip pullup unit, laser cut numbered uprights and tough, durable black powdercoat make this the highest quality and best value cage on the market.
- SAFE AND STABLE: Lift with confidence knowing that your cage is rated to 1000lbs, and is built from strong, 14 gauge steel with double rear stability bars. The pullup arch and optional dip bars are rated for 400lbs, and the lat pull-down attachment can accommodate a full 250 lbs so you can easily add enough weight for your workouts.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: Buy now and get a 2 Year Warranty on your PR-1100. Rep Fitness is a full-service equipment company based in Denver, Colorado. Check out our other listings to see the complete line of strength and conditioning equipment including benches, barbells, dumbbells, racks, cardio equipment and more!
The Rep PR-1100 is a modular power rack that can either be a barebones squat cage or a full-featured home gym depending on which variant you order.
- 1,000 pounds total-capacity
- 48” x 47.5” footprint
- Available in multiple colors and configurations
- Bench available for an added price
- Dip attachment and lat pulldown/curling pulley set available for an added price
- Built-in angled pull-up bar
- Safety bars inside of the cage
The Rep PR-1100 Power Rack is sturdy enough to hold 1,000 pounds on a squat-bar, or 400 pounds on the angled bar. Unless you’re Andre the Giant, you’ll have no trouble working up a sweat on this machine.
- Versatile, safe design
- Highly customizable
- Small footprint
- Heavy-duty construction
- Gets expensive if you add all the options
This squat cage has a small footprint, an impressive achievement on a machine with so many features.
Titan T-3 Series Tall
- Now includes our version 2 uprights featuring 6" side hole spacing.
- T-3 Series Folding Power Racks use 2" x 3" 11 gauge steel tubes with a 2" diameter pull up bar.
- Folds flats against wall to conserve as much space as possible.
- Laser cut for a precise fit and a heavy powder coat for a durable finish.
- 4 J-Hooks included!
The Titan T-3 is collapsible, and only sticks out 3 inches from your wall when it’s folded up.
- 21 ½” x 50” footprint when opened
- Mounts to your wall
- Constructed from 11-gauge steel
- Built-in straight pull-up bar
The Titan T-3 Series Tall Folding Power Rack is a unique animal because it doesn’t sit on your floor. It mounts directly to your wall, saving as much space as possible. It’s also very well-engineered, with 11-gauge steel construction and an impressive weight-capacity of 1,100 pounds.
Be careful when loading it up, though; it’s only as strong as the wall it’s mounted to. For safety, make sure you follow the manufacturer’s installation instructions to the letter.
- Takes up very little space
- Heavy-duty construction
- Only as strong as your wall is
In addition to its other features, this power rack also includes a straight pull-up bar.
Super by NYB
- 1 1/4" Dia Professionall Knurled Chin-Up bar
- Heavy Duty Jumbo Hooks and J Hooks, 31 holes with numbers 2" apart for adjustments.
- 4" long band holder pegs - 1000 lb. capacity, wITH 1/2" Hardware for strength.
- Attach the base to floor or load with heavy weights on the weight pegs, if you plan to lift more than 500 lbs, to avoid movement
- 48.5"W X 44.5"D X 83"H - 88 lbs
The TDS is a budget rate power rack that’s compatible with Valor Fitness accessories.
- Capacity of 1,000 pounds
- 48 ½” x 44 ½” footprint
- Built-in pull-up bar
- 2 adjustable safety spotters
- 2 Olympic-sized weight holders on sides of the machine
The TDS Super Open Rack Gym is an inexpensive power rack that will get you doing squats for a fraction of the price of some other options. It has a pair of adjustable safety spotters under the J-hooks, to catch the barbell if you drop it.
That said, this unit is also very lightweight. Make sure to bolt it down, or it’s liable to wobble when subjected to any kind of serious force.
- Compatible with Valor add-ons
- Wobbles if it’s not bolted down
- Weight holders are too close to the ground to be useful
This power rack can hold up to 1,000 pounds, which is impressive on a budget-priced machine.
Before choosing a rack, measure the overall dimensions and make sure you have the space available. Choose the rack as per your height, weight, and requirements. Make sure there is enough walk-in space in the rack and it can accommodate your height. Lastly, if you are looking to add accessories to it, you will need even more space.
If you’re a heavy lifter and often workout with 7’ Olympic bars then look for racks that are compatible with Olympic bars. Other than that, go for one that can support a little more than your weight limit as you may lift more in the future.
Assembling the rack is a two-hour process if you follow the directions on the manual correctly. Almost all of them need to assembled and only a few come pre-assembled. So, you don’t have another option here.
Look for a rack that has safety pins, safety stoppers, skid-proof base so that it won’t wobble or tip forward. Also, beginners can often fail at squats Here’s where a stable rack will provide safety.
While this may not be the most important factor, we suggest you opt for a rack that’s easy to move around.
Considering these racks are a somewhat large investment opt for steel gauges ranging from 11-14 as these are the most durable. If that isn’t enough a powder coat finish helps.
A good power rack is the cornerstone of any home gym. Not only does it allow you to work your largest muscle groups, but many of these racks are modular. In other words, you can add additional hardware later on, as money and time allow.
One important consideration is floor space. A large, modular power rack will take up a lot of space, but can eventually be built up into a complete home gym. On the other hand, a basic, standalone squat rack takes up minimal space, so you can use it for squats and stick with your dumbbells for other types of workout.
Another thing to consider is how versatile your rack is. If you’re not sure what you want, a modular rack gives you more options going forward, while a standalone rack may not be expandable at all. That said, standalone power racks tend to be lower-priced, which is a good feature if price is your major concern.
Head over to our homepage for all your Fitness Equipment needs!
Choosing the best power rack is made easier with these detailed reviews.