Best Power Rack
A power rack is one of the most important equipment in the gym or your home when the goal is to train for strength. It helps you perform a number of exercises in a fun and easy way. However, to enjoy all the benefits you must get your hands on the best power rack.
It will serve as a stand/rack to place the bars in the drilled spots as you perform squats or bench presses.
The benefit of this equipment is that it makes it easier, convenient and safer to perform squats and bench presses.
We have chosen some of the best power racks on the basis of durability, price, and features.
Best Power Rack
Valor Fitness BD-7 Power Rack
- Steel frame measuring: 2" x 2"
- 4 Plate Storage Pegs @ 8" each, 4 Solid Steel Chrome adjustable weight bar supports
- 17 variable positions for bar supports ranging in height from 17.5" to 68"
- Lat pull down station with Plate loading carriage
- Pull Up Station with knurled grips
This is no less than a power cage because it is made up of solid 12 gauge steel, has 4 plate storage pegs on the rear, and 2 on each sides. The highlight of Valor Fitness BD-7 Power Rack w/LAT Pull Attachment is the lat pulldown station that works on an adjustable pulley. Moreover, there’s also a lap and a low bar to perform different pull-up exercises.
- Can bear a maximum weight of 800 pounds. (500 pounds if using the bar catchers outside of the cage, 650 pounds if using the bar catchers inside the cage, and 800 pounds for safety bars).
- 4 weight bar supports.
- 2 steel squat safety bars.
- 17 distinct positions for bar support.
- A foam padded utility bar to perform curls and various workouts.
What makes this the best squat rack is its ability to hold the bar support in 17 different positions. The heights range from 17.5” to 68”.
It comes equipped with a pull up station having knurled grips and a lat pulldown station having plate loading carriage.
- Two feet deep cage can accommodate a person up to 6 feet of height.
- The lat down is pretty smooth.
- Has room for accessories such as storage dumbbells, dip handles (need to be bought separately).
- A full body workout works on 15 different kinds of muscles in your body.
- The coating on the cable might wear down due to heavy weight strain.
Valor Fitness BD-7 Power Rack w/LAT Pull Attachment is one of the best power rack for home gym if you are a professional weightlifter as it is made up of solid chrome steel that is meant to bear a lot of weight.
Cap Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand
$110.99 in stock
3 used from $ 103.22
- Assembled specs (D x W x H) 46-Inch x50-Inch x85-Inch
- Steel construction comprised of 12 and 14 steel gauge thickness
- The structure uprights are double gusseted to reinforce stability and durability
- 3 step powder coat finish for exceptional durability
- Bands, bar and plates are not included
This power cage has been ranked as the best seller on the market. It is one of the most durable squat racks thanks to being constructed with a combination of 12 and 14 gauge material. Moreover, there’s a three step powder coat finish on the body to protect it from damage. The only reason we didn’t pick CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand as our top product is because it can only support 300 pounds of weight including the user’s own weight.
- Double gusseted uprights to enhance stability and durability.
- Weighs 61 pounds only.
- Ideal for squats, pull ups, chin ups etc.
- Takes only 90 minutes to assemble.
You don’t need to bolt it down or anchor it to the floor. Despite having a lower weight, this rack doesn’t move from its place when you exercise on it. You may easily perform squats, bench presses, and chin ups.
There’s hardly any other power rack that you can get under the price tag of this one and with the same quality.
- Easier to move around.
- Adjustable pins.
- Doesn’t take much room.
- 12 and 14 gauge steel thickness.
- Bands, bars and plates do not accompany with the unit, just the rack.
If you are on a low budget and looking for a quality power rack then the CAP Barbell Power Rack Exercise Stand is the best option you can go for.
PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Power rack for helping weightlifters exercise safely and efficiently
- Wide walk-in design offers plenty of side-to-side movement
- 2 heat-tempered liftoffs and 2 saber-style safety rods
- Ideal for squats, incline presses, flat bench, and shoulder shrugs
The dimensions of this power rack measure to 44 inches in width, 46 inches in depth and 82 inches in height. These measurements make it possible for weightlifters to perform side to side movements and adjust 18 different positions in height.
- 10 year warranty.
- 2 safety rods (saber style) equipped.
- 2 heat tempered lift offs.
- 18 levels of adjustment.
This frame doesn’t budge from its position thanks to the upright pillars being 24” apart for free motion.
The liftoffs and sabery style safety rods make your workouts safer and effective. There’s also a 41” knurled up chin up bar to perform easy chin ups.
- Full cage style frame.
- 600 pounds weight capacity.
- Adjustments can be done every 3”.
- 12 gauge frame construction.
- The paint might come off the bars due to wear and tear.
PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack is perfect for olympic lifters, weight lifters and to keep in your home to perform squats and other exercises.
Marcy Platinum Multi functional Power Rack
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION - This rack boasts a heavy-duty 12-gauge, 3-inch welded steel frame. Its revolutionary quad-linkage system offers fast front-to-rear seat positioning. And a front-tube swivel catch offers leg-lock access for sit-up positions.
- FULL-BODY WORKOUT - The PM-3800 power rack lets you target different body parts and muscle groups for an all-around workout. The top bar alone allows more than 30 strength-training exercises, including squats and military presses.
- CHROME-PLATED ACCENTING - The bar catches, dip handles, safety catches, and other components have a chrome-plated finish that protects the rack from rust and everyday wear and tear for long-term usability.
- DURABLE AND ADJUSTABLE BENCH - The bench has a thick, high-density, double-stitched contoured padding that is resilient and hard-wearing. It also sports adjustable back and seat pads that take multiple configurations, such as incline, decline, flat, and shoulder press positions for a variety of workouts.
- GYM-QUALITY TRAINING EXPERIENCE - The Marcy PM-3800 boasts high-tensile strength hardware and industrial-grade parts. It also exhibits an open full-cage design for safe training and injury prevention.
This is one of the best squat racks thanks to its ability to support 500 pounds of weight, offer safety and convenience as well. The 12 gauge rigid body is durable enough to run for years and you can target various muscles in your body by varying exercises.
- Quad Linkage system (front to rear seat positioning).
- Chrome plated body prevents rust.
- Padded and double stitched bench with adjustable back seat.
- Gravity lock to avoid accidental injuries.
The wheels underneath Marcy Platinum power rack make it mobile. You can move it from room to room or around your gym with convenience.
There are handles on the top bar to perform pull-ups, chin ups, and various stretching exercises. The side handles are there to makes it easier to perform dip exercises.
Additionally, the safety bar can be adjusted into 8 different holes.
- Easier to assemble.
- Comfortable back seat.
- Approximately 7 feet in height.
- The bench can do a full incline/decline.
- The bench is a bit heavy.
If you are in search of a powerful and long term running power rack then the Marcy Platinum power rack one won’t disappoint.
Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage
$259.00 in stock
1 used from $ 175.59
- NOTE: 800 lbs weight capacity. Large walk in space providing easy side to side movement. New OPTIONAL Attachments for J-Hooks, Dip Bars, Weight Plate Holders and Landmine (Sold Separately)
- 2" x 2" square steel frame construction. Two 3 1/4" long chrome lock on safety bars. Two 23" long chrome dual mounted safety bars
- 19 adjustable height levels for the safety bars. Safety bars are Compatible with 7' Olympic bars
- Multi-position over head chin up/pull up grip bars. Olympic bar and weight plates not included
- Can be combined with the Fitness Reality 1000 Super max 800 lb capacity 12-position weight bench
This a powerful rack as it can support a weight of up to 800 pounds with great ease. It doesn’t wobble or lose stability even if you fail a squat.
The only reason Fitness Reality 810XLT Super Max Power Cage lies a bit below in our list is due to the fact that it doesn’t come equipped with a work bench. However, for $70 extra you can choose the same model with a work bench included.
- 19 adjustable height options and also compatible with 7’ olympic bars.
- Chrome frame, chrome locks and chrom safety bars.
- Made from 2×2 heavy duty tubular steel frame.
- Multi position chin up bars.
This rack lets you perform a variety of exercises as there are two 3 ¼ inches long chrome locks. In addition to that, there are two 23 inches long safety bars safely mounted on the rack. You can perform squats, shrugs, pull ups, curls, push ups, etc.
The rack is 46 inch in width and 50 inches deep. This dimension makes it easier to perform side to side movements inside the rack and can also accommodate a bench press seat easily.
- Sturdy and stable enough – doesn’t need to be bolted down.
- Compatible with many accessories.
- Supports 800 pounds of weight.
- Extremely durable to last for many years.
- If you are above 6 feet tall, one of the safety bars might come in the way.
TDS Power Rack / Squat Cage
- 2" Sq. 11 Gauge Steel Tube Construction HD. J Hooks & 1" Solid Steel Safety Bars included.
- 48.5" x 48" x 82.5" H - 150 lbs
- Professionally Knurled 1 1/8" Dia Front Chinning Bar. Designed to add many attachments to convert as a home gym.
- 31 holes 2" apart with numbers for adjustment. 2" distance between holes and numbers are essential for efficient lifting
- TDS has been in business for 42 years. Thousands have been sold all over the world.
The best part about this power rack is that it can support up to 1000 pounds. This feature makes this one of the best power racks on the market because you can perform any exercise that you want.
- 11 gauge steel construction.
- Safety bars included.
- Safety bar adjustment (31 holes, 2 inches apart).
- Easy to assemble.
TDS Power Rack is an excellent power rack for home use thanks to it being 72 inches in height and being able to easily accommodate in apartments with lower roofs.
You can place 500 pounds worth weight plates on either sides, making it a 1000 pound weight in total and the durable frame won’t even budge.
- Can accommodate bar up to 7 feet.
- An 80” pull up bar makes it easier to perform chin ups and pull ups.
- No anchoring needed. Just place it under a carpet as it has rubber feet.
- The rack is sturdy and won’t move if you fail a squat.
- The rack weighs 140 pounds and can be a bit daunting to move around.
If you are in search of a heavy duty power rack that can support heavy weight then this one is the best choice.
Titan Power Rack
- Capacity: 700 lbs - HD J-hooks included - 2"x2" Steel Uprights
- Chin up bar: 1 1/4" diameter- Weight holders for storage and increased stability
- Height of pull up bar: 80" - Weight: 107 lbs - Height: 83"
- Opening: 44" - Depth: 48"
- Inside front to back bar: 26" - Floor space: 48" x 48" - Material: Steel
Titan Power Rack offers quality, safety, and security. There are solid steel safety pins to enhance security and 28 holes to make adjustments. It’s a high quality power rack meant to run for a long time.
- Provides 26 inches of inside space to work.
- Includes a chin up bar that is 44 inches wide and 1 ¼ inches in diameter to allow safe pull ups and chin ups.
- It can bear 700 pounds of weight.
- Constructed from durable steel.
The Titan Power Rack offers tremendous durability and stability when you place a maximum weight of up to 700 pounds due to it being constructed from 12 gauge steel.
- Easy to assemble.
- Ideal for pullups, dips, bench presses, and many other exercises.
- Extremely solid and durable.
- HD-J hooks included.
- Row bars are a slightly frustrating when sliding in and out.
For the money, the Titan Power Rack is the right rack because it offers durability and is also adjustable.
Best Fitness Power Rack
$269.00 in stock
1 used from $ 227.65
- 14 Gauge 2 x 2 steel mainframe
- 23 positions spread 3 inch
- 2 adjustable lift offs and full length safety bars included
- 500lb capacity
- Durable powder coat paint finish
If you are on a lookout to get a power rack that’s both durable and flexible when it comes to adjustment then best fitness power rack is a good option. It can support a maximum weight of up to 500 pounds and also has an attractive look.
- 23 positions for adjustments (3 inches apart).
- Powder coat paint on the frame enhances durability.
- 14 gauge steel construction.
- Full length safety bars.
This Power Rack is meant for standing squats and pull ups. However, you can buy a separate bench to perform bench presses as well.
There are 2 full length safeties on the frame and 2 lift offs as well and the frame also has room to attach a dip and a lat attachment.
- 500 pounds of maximum weight capacity.
- Approximate 7 feet tall.
- Suitable for a 7’ olympic barbell workout as well.
- Easy to assemble
- Safety rods might not line up perfectly.
This power rack is suitable for users who want to work with weights under 500 pounds.
Ollieroo Multi-Function Barbell Rack
- Sturdy & Durable -- Ollieroo Barbell Stands are made of high quality steel that provides Maximum safety, Max Load Capacity is 480Lbs.
- Double Height Adjustable -- Adjustable Barbell Rack that suitable for a variety of height requirement. Bracket Height range of 46.8''-68.1''; Base range of 30.3''-48''
- Guaranteed Safety -- Non-slip and abrasion-resistant rubber end caps firmly position the Squat Rack and prevent damage to the floor injured joints.
- Innovative Design -- Innovative and Multi-functional design with Bell Bar and the unique base (stent more solid). Ideal for flat, incline, and shoulder bench presses, squats, curls, rows, and more.
- 100% Guaranteed -- We offer 100% Guaranteed Satisfaction and Replacement for Damage. Easy to get money back if you unsatisfied with our Multi-function Barbell Rack. That's because We wholeheartedly to provide you with a new shopping experience.
If assembling a power rack sends shivers down your spine then do not worry, Ollieroo Barbell rack comes almost pre-assembled and you do not have to assemble it from scratch. This Barbell Rack occupies minimal space and can cater to the exercising needs of both beginners and experienced users as it supports up to 480 pounds of weight.
- Ideal for bench press, squats, pressing, etc.
- Adjust to variable heights to accommodate your height.
- Made up of heavy duty carbon steel.
- Weighs only 47 pounds.
You can perform various exercises including shoulder bench presses, squats, curls, rows, and chin ups. There is also an incline with this multi-functional barbell rack which opens a whole new range of workouts.
The frame is coated with anti-rust powder so expert this rack to run for a long time without any issues.
Make adjustments as per your will. It offers adjustments with bracket height range of 46.8”-68.1” and base range of 30.3”-48′.
- Corrosion proof.
- The rubber caps are non-slippery and abrasion proof.
- Lightweight – easier to move around.
- Not suited for heavy lifting (above 480 pounds of weight).
The Ollieroo Barbell rack is recommended for people who are low on budget and want a heavy duty yet compact rack for their home gym.
$69.99 in stock
- Material: Metal Black Finish；Easy Assemble: Designed for easy installation. Full instructions & all mounting hardware are included.
- Specifications: Overall Size: 21 x 19x (44-70)" (LxWxH)；Adjustable Height 44-70"；Stable Base in Size of approx. 21x19" (LxW)；Max. Load 480 lbs；G.W: 49.60 LB
- Heavy Duty: Carbon Steel Construction; Adjustable Safety Pin on Each Post; Anti-Skid Feet Pads and Anti-Scuff Rubber Avoid Damage to the Floor
- Ideal for: Squatting, Bench Pressing or Standing Home Exercise & Commercial Use
- Please be aware of the products sold from unauthorized seller rather than ourselves(Yaheetech). We have never supplied or authorized for any other seller to sell this product in our brands name. They are selling fake and inferior products under our names. And please do report it for amazon if you had already bought from them. You will get your full refund and extra compensation. Sorry for the troubles. We are currently seeking legal advice on bringing them in to justice.
The Yaheetech 2pcs Adjustable Rack can support max weight up to 480 pounds and has a full metal black finish which gives it a good appearance. The height can be adjusted between 44-70 inches as well.
- Heavy duty carbon steel construction.
- There are safety pins (adjustable) on either sides.
- Anti skid feet pads to make it stand firmly.
- Anti scuff rubber on the feet to prevent floor damage.
This rack has 14 different holes which means there are 14 different height adjustment options. These 14 holes are spaced at 2 inches.
The Yaheetech 2pcs Adjustable Rack takes up little room in the gym, garage or home as the dimensions are 21 x 19 x (44-70)” (LxWxH).
- Supports 480 pounds of weight.
- Durable frame.
- Safety locking.
- Weighs only 44 pounds and can be moved easily.
- You have to unscrew the spotters everytime when you want to adjust the height.
- The rack is front-heavy and tends to roll forward sometimes.
One of the cheapest racks in price but certainly not cheap in quality, Yaheetech 2pcs Adjustable Rack is a good choice if you want a rack for home.
Fitness Reality X-Class Light Commercial High Capacity Olympic Power Cage
- 1500 lbs of real weight capacity. 2" x 3" tubular steel frame construction A BONUS pair of J-Hooks included
- Two adjustable 2"x 20" high Density rubber grip dip handles with user weight capacity of 600 lbs
- Two 11.5" safety bars and two 35.5" dual mounted safety bars with each set combined weight capacity of 1500 lbs. Compatible with 7' Olympic bars
- 2 height position adjustable multi-grip chin up/pull up bars with a weight capacity of 600 lbs
- Expand the power cage by adding the optional Fitness Reality lat pull down attachment, Olympic bars and Fitness Reality utility bench (not included)
This power rack is an all rounder as it lets you perform a variety of exercises. The strong tubular steel frame on this power rack offers unmatchable strength and durability which is why it is meant to last for years.It comes equipped with a lat down pull attachment and chin up bar as well.
- Two safety bars.
- Bears up to 1500 pounds of weight.
- Chin up bar can support 600 pounds of weight.
- Adjustable pull up bar.
- It has a lat pull down attachment as well.
It is one of the strongest power racks with 2 x 3 “ tubular frame that bears around 1500 pounds of weight. Therefore, this particular power rack is ideal for different needs.
The handles come equipped with a high density rubber grip to ensure that the grip is firm and non-slippery. It offers great security and peace of mind to the user.
The power rack itself weighs around 265 pounds and doesn’t budge on the ground no matter how heavy is the weight placed on it. The ground won’t suffer any scratches or damage even if you are exercising with heavy duty olympic size weights.
The chin up bar is adjustable to two different heights and is able to bear up to 600 pounds.
- Offers 24 kinds of exercises.
- Lat down pull is optional and can be detached as well.
- 25 adjustable height levels.
- Heavy duty frame.
- Very safe to use.
- Utility bench is not included with the set.
This power rack is suitable for people who want to perform heavy duty exercises. Apart from that, it offers everything an athlete requires to build muscles and tone their body including lat down pull, chin up bar, weight lifting, etc.
Rep Power Rack
- 84(height)x48(width)x48(depth) inches - 58 inches wide at rear bottom brace
- 1000 lb capacity on bar hooks, 400 lb on pullup bar, 400 lb on dip attachment
- 26 inch inside-to-inside depth and 44 inch width is plenty of working room
- Includes Power rack with dual pullup bars, 1.25 inch standard and 2 inch fat-grip. Does NOT include dip attachment or bench
- Matte black powder coating, plastic-lined j-cups to protect bar knurling, numbered uprights every 5th hole, extra bar holders on front of safeties
Rep Power Rack is ideal for beginners and professionals as well. The body is made up of steel and there are extra bar holders for added safety. Moreover, there’s a 2 inch hole gap between the holders as well.
- Bears weight up to 1000 pounds.
- The pull up bar withstands weight up to 400 pounds.
- Enhanced stability thanks to the horns at the back.
- The dip handles are padded.
The power rack itself weighs only 144 pounds but that doesn’t stop it from being one of the most durable squat racks on the market.
It is composed of 14 gauge steel and 2mm steel. These numbers aren’t found in many power racks under this price range making it one of the best power racks out there.
Assembling the rack is a breeze because the company provides an easy to understand visual step-by-step guide to go with it. It would take an hour to get it assembled but once done you’d be able to enjoy all that it has to offer.
- Padded J hooks come with the set for additional security.
- Powder coating on the frame makes it more durable.
- Numbers are stamped on crossbar slots to read.
- 26 inch depth and 44 inch width gives enough room to exercise.
- Dip attachment and bent not included.
This power rack is ideal for people who exercise on a daily basis and perform a variety of exercises including squats, chin ups, etc.
Key Information About Power Racks
Before choosing a rack, measure the overall dimensions and make sure you have the space available. Choose the rack as per your height, weight, and requirements. Make sure there is enough walk-in space in the rack and it can accomodate your height. Lastly, if you are looking to add accessories to it, you will need even more space.
If you’re a heavy lifter and often workout with 7’ olympic bars then look for racks that are compatible with olympic bars. Other than that, go for one that can support a little more than your weight limit as you may lift more in the future.
Assembling the rack is a two hour process if you follow the directions on the manual correctly. Almost all of them need to assembled and only a few come pre assembled. So, you don’t have another option here.
Look for a rack that has safety pins, safety stoppers, skid proof base so that it won’t wobble or tip forward. Also, beginners can often fail at squats Here’s where a stable rack will provide safety.
While this may not be the most important factor, we suggest you opt for a rack that’s easy to move around.
Considering these racks are a somewhat large investment opt for steel gauges ranging from 11-14 as these are the most durable. If that isn’t enough a powder coat finish really helps.
In the end, weigh all your options and choose a rack that is durable, safe, and offers the right weight capacity. For us, Marcy Platinum Power Rackis the best power rack. It’s mobile and offers several other benefits. Valor Fitness BD-7 Power Rack w/LAT Pull Attachment is another excellent choice with a reliable brand name.
However, if you’re looking for a rack that can handle more weight, choose TDS Power Rack / Squat Cage. It’s the best power rack for many as it can hold up t 1000 pounds of weight but it’s a bit expensive. An affordable option is Ollieroo Multi-Function Barbell Rack. Also consider PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack for peace of mind as it comes with a warranty.
While all the products on the list are great, you should pick one according to your own needs.
Choosing the best power rack is made easier with these detailed reviews.