Best Mechanical Bathroom Scale
Before you find the best mechanical bathroom scale, you may want to know what’s the difference between this scale versus any other. In its simplest terms, analog scales (also called mechanical scales) are possibly the most common outside of a doctor’s office. By stepping your feet on them, the spring jumps into place and moves toward your weight on the dial.
Unlike mechanical scales, digital scales require batteries and can store several people’s weight readings and height. They also may have the ability to keep track of several people’s past weight. Smart scales can distinguish body fat from muscle tissue, and sometimes there are Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options to synchronize these readings to your smartphone or tablet. So with all these fancy tricks from other kinds of scales, this may leave you wondering why should you buy mechanical bathroom scales. Read below to find out a few reasons why they’re still a smart purchase.
Best Mechanical Bathroom Scales
Ozeri ZB19 Rev Bathroom Scale
- Synchronized electro-mechanical Dial and LCD automatically illuminate and instantly point to your weight in pounds and kg, for easy-to read results in all light conditions and from any angle
- Visually stunning design incorporates a 5.5 inch dial and integrated digital display with stylish chrome accents to create a distinctive retro look with the accuracy of modern technology
- Professional quality scale features and an oversized platform made of impact-resistant tempered glass for ideal stability, and a new built-in alarm that reminds you to measure your weight at the same time each day
- Uses 4 high precision GX sensors that weigh up to 400 pounds (180 kg) in 0.2 pounds or 0.1 kg increments, with StepOn technology that captures precise weight measurements upon contact
- Auto-calibrated and automatically turns off to conserve battery life; Runs on 3 AAA batteries with a Low Battery Indicator (batteries included); Satisfaction guaranteed
While the debate regarding which scale is more accurate between digital scales and mechanical scales, the Ozeri scale is a happy medium for both. The 5.5-inch mechanical surrounds the sides of the integrated digital blue-backlit LCD, accented by stylish chrome.
- Synchronized electro-mechanical Dial and LCD automatically illuminate
- Instantly points to your weight in pounds and kilograms
- Easy-to read results in all light conditions and from any angle
- 5 inch dial and integrated digital display
- Oversized platform made of impact-resistant tempered glass for ideal stability
This scale has a built in alarm and reminder to ensure you measure your weight at the same time each day. There are also four high precision GX sensors that can weigh up to 400 pounds (180kg) in 0.2 pounds or 0.1kg increments.
Another great feature is the StepOn technology that automatically starts and captures weight measurements upon contact. The scale is also auto-calibrated and will automatically turn off to conserve battery life.
As this is both a mechanical and digital scale it does run on 3 AAA batteries and has a low battery indicator. The batteries are included in the purchase.
- Dial doesn’t function without batteries
With impact-resistant tempered glass and slip-resistant feet for stability, the Ozeri scale is ideal for a home with small children. Even if the scale accidentally becomes a “play” toy, it is strong enough to withstand it all and still remind you to weigh yourself as needed.
Salter 200 Academy Professional Mechanical Scale
- With the large platform comes an extra-large 7.25-inch dial for easy visibility.
- This scale has a retro look with a bold, brilliant red color that makes it really stand out.
- The powder-coated steel base and hard wearing vinyl mat are durable and built to last.
- The scale is equipped with a steel mechanism for years of guaranteed performance.
- This item comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
Who says scales after be the usual color scheme of white, black and gray? For modern bathrooms, whether it’s the new tile design or the fancy set of towels, adding a splash of color is a fun way to liven up your bathroom. And sometimes that splash of color can stay placed in the corner to weigh yourself whenever you see fit.
- Extra-large 7.25-inch dial for easy visibility
- Powder-coated steel base
- Hard wearing, durable vinyl mat
- Steel mechanism for years of guaranteed performance
- 5-year limited warranty
- Maximum capacity 400 pounds
This colorful scale, which is red all around from back to front, measures up to 400 pounds with the Salter 200 Professional Mechanical Scale.
The large platform with the extra-large 7.25-inch dial makes it easier to read the scale measurements without bending down or squinting at small numbers.
- May require a test tap in order to make sure it starts at zero before stepping on for weight
With the hard wearing vinyl mat and steel mechanism, this scale is built to last even after its five-year warranty.
Borg High-Accuracy Modern Dial Scale
- Borg's sleek and modern dial scale is perfect for the user who wants an easy way to track their weight. It's silver finish matches any bathroom with stainless steel accents.
- This scale design is easy to calibrate, as it comes equipped with a cog so you can set it back to zero without any hassle. Using this scale means never having to replace the batteries.
- Use this scale on a hard surface to ensure an accurate reading of up to 330 lbs.
- Borg is an industry leader with cutting edge designs and a modern approach to weight management.
- Borg ensures the quality and precision of this dial scale with a 3-year limited warranty.
With a silver finish that matches a stainless steel bathroom, the Borg High Accuracy Scale is not only accurate but modern and fashionable too.
- Silver finish
- Easy to calibrate (cog at the rear area to set the scale back to zero)
- Never have to replace batteries
- Three-year limited warranty
- Maximum capacity 330 pounds
This mechanical bathroom scale eliminates a bit of the “noise” that happens when stepping onto it.
In addition to a cog that makes sure the scale is set to zero, the scale also hides half the numbers not in use to make for easier reading.
- Rounded edges make it difficult to store upright against a wall
- May need to turn dial to confirm the scale is at zero
On the surface, the Borg High Accuracy Scale may seem a little plain. However, for every customer who wants a mechanical scale with a little more pizzazz, others may prefer the “less is more” approach.
Balance 2 Digital Body Scale
- My Life My Shop Balance 2 Digital Body Scale incorporates retro analog design with a modern LED digital display
- Track your weight in both pounds and kilograms; maximum capacity 396 pounds
- Easy to initialize the first time you use it and any time you relocate it going forward
- Step right on to weigh yourself - no tapping or kicking needed
- Reminder setting conveniently allows you to set your weigh-in for the same time every day for accuracy and accountability
The natural bamboo platform works as well in a day spa as it would in a bathroom with wooden cabinets and/or wood tiles (ex. autumn wood, sierra wood, etc.). While scales often come in black and white or metallic and black, wood has always been a great add-on to home decor. This scale becomes a fashionable bonus for homeowners who have wooden shelves or cabinets in the bathroom area.
- Retro analog design with a modern LED digital display
- Tracks weight in both pounds and kilograms
- Lightweight, durable, natural bamboo platform
- Requires 3 AAA batteries (included)
- Clear digital and analog weight readout
With a maximum weight measurement of 396 pounds, this scale requires no extra test tapping or kicking in order to use.
It’s easy to initialize during first-time use and has a reminder setting to weigh in at the same time every day.
This option comes in handy for accuracy and accountability for your fitness goals.) And if you forget what your weight was the last time you stepped on the scale, it has a weight storage function as a friendly reminder of any weight loss or gain.
- Digital and analog scale works only with batteries
The backlit display of the Bamboo Scale is handy for easy reading regardless of lighting. In addition to the easy reader and reminder, another perk of the wooden mechanical scale is the convenience of not having to stand in certain “foot placement” areas to get your weight. Just stand anywhere on the wood and get the measurements you need.
Thinp Mechanical Body Weight Bathroom Scale
- MODERN APPEARANCE: a oval tempered glass and cold-rolled stand with chromiun plating make a strong sense of metal feel
- TRANSPARENT: the 8mm high strength tempered glass makes it easy to see what is inside
- HIGH-ACCURACY: you stand on it, you get your weight, if the start-reading is not zero, you could recalibrate it by using the Zero Adjustment Nut below the dial at anytime
- SAFETY: the oval bearing plane can hardly cut someone, and with non-slip rubber you can't fall down, no swithes and no battery, you can use a very long time
- CLEAR: the plastic dial shows the readings clearly with two weighting units (LB/KG), and max weighting is 130kg
If you were one of those students in school who loved to see how objects work, this transparent tempered glass may catch your eyes. Thinp has a Zero Adjustment Nut, you can immediately set the scale to zero, making sure the weight accuracy stays consistent.
- Oval-tempered glass
- Cold-rolled stand with chromium plating
- 8mm high-strength tempered glass shows what’s inside
- Recalibration option from the Zero Adjustment Nut below the dial at anytime
- Non-slip rubber
This mechanical scale is not only fun to look at, but it also takes all of the guessing games out of troubleshooting.
With no off/on switch, no batteries needed, and an easy-to-find plastic dial to show readings in pounds and kilograms, this should be one of the easiest of the bunch to use.
The maximum capacity for this mechanical scale is 286 pounds, and the weight is shown in increments of ten.
- Be careful with sharp sides
- May have to reset to zero on a regular basis
As with most clear objects, it may be easier to display this scale on a solid background for easier readability. There is less contrast between the numbers and colors, so there may be users who find it difficult to read. Due to its circular form, it may be difficult to store in small areas or against the wall. However, with a combination of glass and metal, this mechanical scale is still a talking piece for guests.
Detecto D1130 Large Dial Bathroom Scale
- Heavy-duty mechanical construction supports and weighs users up to 300 lb
- Low-profile design allows users to keep the scale out of the way when not in Use
- Large-diameter Dial provides an easily visible readout, even for taller athletes
- Non-skid vinyl mat keeps the scale from moving when users step on and off
- Large 11.25 in. Wide x 11.75 in. Deep platform provides plenty of room
Usually mechanical scales that are promoted with easier readability focus on those of average height. However, this particular scale focuses on taller athletes who may need to see the numbers a few inches above the rest. Although the Detecto Scale may not have the handy option of digital scales that remember past weights, using the multi-colored notches along the scale may come in handy for keeping track of the weight of small groups or families.
- Large-diameter dial for easier readability
- Large 11.25 inches x 11.75 inches platform
- Adjustment thumbwheel for zero alignment
The heavy-duty mechanical construction of this mechanical scale can hold up to 300 pounds. With a non-skid vinyl mat, this helps users easily step on and off the scale safely.
- Space from bottom edge may be too short for foot sizes larger than seven inches
In addition to this being a great scale for readability for both taller and shorter athletes, and other groups, the heavy-duty construction of the scale makes it durable in humid areas (ex. near steam rooms). Considering some bathroom tile floors are unsteady, one long piece of tile or a wooden slate may help with keeping the mechanical scale on a sturdy, flat surface.
Detecto Pro Style Analog Bathroom Scale
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0773822851630|
|Product Type Name||HOME_BED_AND_BATH|
|Title||Detecto Pro Style Analog Bathroom Scale with 5-Inch Easy-read Speedometer Dial|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 773822851630|
The one nuisance of mechanical scales is being able to read the numbers while standing still instead of leaning forward. This scale makes it easier to read the numbers by utilizing the red pointer for extra assistance.
- Non-slip, textured split mat
- Silver-accented bezel with curvier shape
- Measures 13-¼ inches long x 12-½ inches wide x 3 inches tall
- Limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty
Although the scale is surprisingly lightweight, it can still hold a maximum capacity of 300 pounds. The red pointer (5-inch, easy-to-read speedometer dial) helps reading the weight measurements easier, specifically because the large numbers are only in increments of 20.
No batteries are needed, and the shape of this mechanical bathroom scale is easy to store in corners or lay flat where needed.
- May need to be reset to zero from time to time for accuracy
- Feet must be slanted slightly due to the placement of the dial
While there aren’t a lot of bells and whistles with this mechanical scale (and many others), it does what it’s intended to do: Give you your weight measurements in an easy, quick way.
ZYY Mechanical Bathroom Scales
- Simple and functional mechanical bathroom scales with comfortable metallic platform
- Easy storage thanks to its compact format, Anti-slip coating for greater comfort
- Easy to use, Dial in kilograms, Max. weight 200 kg, 1 kg increments
- Optimal readability thanks to large rotating dial, Weight directly indicated at the centre of the window for a quick reading of results, Elegant bezel with silver finish
- W:46cm L:35cm H:15cm
Some mechanical scales have a few purchasing dilemmas: the numbers aren’t big enough, the foot position to get an accurate weight feels more like ballet poses than standing flat, the scale area isn’t wide enough to see and the scale is a bit slippery. This cold-rolled steel scale takes care of all of those problems at once, in addition to having a modern bezel look with a silver finish, perfect for darker, more sophisticated decor.
- Easy storage (compact format)
- Anti-slip coating
- Bezel with silver finish
- 18 inches wide x 14 inches long x 6 inches tall
- Polypropylene floor mats (anti-shock)
This kilogram-only scale measures weight in one-kilogram increments with optimal readability using a large, rotating dial.
This mechanical bathroom scale will be complementary to bathrooms that have a black and/or gray theme, primarily due to the scale’s stunning metallic platform and cold-rolled steel body.
The scale can hold a maximum capacity weight of 200 kilograms (440 pounds).
- Not ideal for those used to reading scale measurements in pounds
In addition to these other perks, the metallic platform of the mechanical scale creates a safe space for family bathrooms and avoids slippage. The sturdiness of this scale is not only ideal for avoiding slippage while standing on the scale but also helping to avoid the scale slipping around a bathroom (or other rooms) even when not in use.
While there are definitely strong opinions regarding which scale’s measurements are the most accurate between digital, mechanical and Smart scales, the end goal is to be able to know what your weight is. Whether you’re purchasing a mechanical scale to compliment your bathroom redesign or replacing the scale in a day spa or locker room, these eight above have their own special perks.
As with any fitness purchase, there are some that may be more your style than others. Before purchasing one, have an idea of what is considered “easy readability” for you. Your last eye appointment should be a hint at what level on the letter chart you were able to read at.
Once you narrow down which numbers are easiest to read (the most common complaint for mechanical scales), then take into consideration other specifics that would matter to your home (ex. no-slip scales may be especially important on tile floors versus hardwood floors). With readability and safety taken into account, then comes the fun: Finding the mechanical scale that is most complimentary for its new home. Enjoy!
Mechanical scales are a simplistic yet effective accessory for every bathroom!