Love it or hate it there’s no way around it – a foam roller is a must have accessory for muscle recovery. The benefits of foam rolling are numerous and although somewhat uncomfortable for newcomers once you feel the difference you’ll be hooked too.
Muscle building and time spent in the weight room can be really maximized with the appropriate care and muscle recovery treatment. Foam rolling is the simplest and fastest way to boost your mobility, recovery and spend more time working out.
In the following article all the information you need to know about foam rolling will be explored as well as the best foam rollers reviewed and compared.
Benefits of Foam Rollers
Recovery is a large component of your progress and is just as important to athletes as training is. A foam roller is a very cheap and easy tool that is compact, portable and incredibly effective.
So why is it so effective? Foam rolling loosens the fascia surrounding muscles. Fascia is the connective tissue which when worked out can stiffen, knot and in general cause discomfort. If you are new to working out or even seasoned gym goers understand the pain of DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscles Soreness).
Foam rolling is basically it a do it yourself deep tissue massage.
So why is it commonly skipped? People tend to have an idea that when the workout is done, that’s it, it’s done. Most people want to leave the gym, and don’t have the time to stretch and roll out their muscles afterward. This is of course a great disservice to yourself!
Best Foam Rollers
LuxFit Premium High Density Foam Roller
- FOAM ROLLERS FOR MUSCLES - High Density Foam Roller is great for Physical Therapy, before or after Exercise, Yoga, and Massage Therapy. Foam Muscle Roller helps to relieve Muscle Tension and increase Muscle Reflexology.
- EXTRA FIRM FOAM ROLLER - Molded polypropylene foam technology has a 2 lbs. per cubic foot density, Smooth surface, Will not lose its shape after heavy use, and Repels Liquids.
- 3 SIZES AVAILABLE FOR ALL YOUR NEEDS - 6x36, 6x18, 6x12. 36 Inch foam roller is our largest size. Black Foam Rollers are great for Back Pain and Back Exercises. Great for core stabilization, balance, and stamina.
- FOAM EXERCISE ROLLER HELPS PREVENT MUSCLE INJURY - Perfect for positioning, balance, postural and muscle re-education, spinal stabilization, body awareness and coordination, and ranging and strengthening activities
- FULL 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY - MADE IN THE USA! - Using your own body weight let the roller do a MyoFascial release to provide Maximum Relaxation Relief. Firm roller for Deep Tissue Massage.
The LuxFit Premium High Density Foam Roller is the best overall roller to make the reviews. Suited to beginners, sports people and those with physical therapy exercises this roller is high quality and affordable. This is the best all rounder foam roller.
- Three sizes available
- High density roller
- Repels water
- 1 year warranty
Made from molded polypropylene foam this is a high density roller that won’t lose it’s shape. Two pounds per cubic foot density, this roller also repels liquids.
Available in three different sizes 6″ x 12″, 6″ x 18″, 6″ x 36″ this roller is well suited to core and spinal stabilization, balance, muscle re-education, stamina and muscle aches and pains.
The LuxFit Premium High Density Foam Roller also comes with a 1 year warranty, should anything go wrong within this time frame.
Foam Roller - For Deep Tissue Muscle Massage Therapy
- DESIGNED TO BE YOUR OWN PERSONAL MASSAGE THERAPIST - The Textured Dual Pressure Zones let YOU control the pressure and action. Provides muscle soreness relief where you need it most including all key areas such as Lower and Upper Back, Neck, Knee, ITB, Quads, Hamstrings, Delts, and Shoulders
- PERFECT FOR SELF MYOFASCIAL RELEASE FOR ALL SPORTS ENTHUSIASTS: Recommended for both Sport Beginners and Elite Athletes, the High Density Foam Rollers are the ideal choice for pre and post workouts, Pilates, Bodybuilding, Rugby, Boxing, Running, Weight Training and Yoga
- WORRY FREE TRAINING - DESIGNED SO YOU CAN GO HARDER FOR LONGER: Releases toxins in the muscles pre workout so you can drive yourself harder and post workout speeds recovery to improve your performance. Also ideal for Sports Injury PREVENTION as well as REHABILITATION and comes with a FREE downloadable EBOOK with Trainer Instruction and Exercises.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE MASSAGE ROLLER: Only 13 inches in length ensures that your rolller fits easily into any gym bag or travel case- ensuring you get your massage in any time, anywhere - Don't leave home without your Roller Massager.
- ORDER NOW! WORRY FREE! We offer a BETTER than money back guarantee, if there is an issue with your product for any reason we will REFUND you and SEND YOU A NEW ONE
The Deep Tissue Muscle Massage Foam Roller has textured dual pressure zones which let you control the pressure and action. Suitable for complete body use this roller has a solid core meaning it can withstand a lot of pressure. Ideal for those wanting a deep tissue massage.
- Large, solid core
- Stiff enough to hit the pressure points but not uncomfortable to use
- Retains shape
Designed to replace the need for a massage therapist and very affordable this product is recommended for everyone as well as sports beginners to elite athletes.
Made from high density foam this roller also comes with a free downloadable ebook that has trainer instructions and exercises. This is great if you are a complete beginner to foam roller and could do with some assistance.
Lightweight and portable this roller is 13 inches long and can easily fit into a gym bag or travel case. The Deep Tissue Muscle Massage Foam Roller comes with a money back guarantee if for any reason you aren’t satisfied with the product.
TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller
- Patented foam roller design offers a superior, multi-density exterior constructed over a rigid, hollow core
- Constructed from quality materials that won't break down or lose shape from repeated use
- Includes access to free online instructional video library on foam rolling best practices from the experts at TriggerPoint
- Trusted foam roller of physical and massage therapists, coaches, trainers and athletes provides muscle recovery, pain relief and improved flexibility
- Original GRID: Standard density, 13 x 5.5 inches, 500 pound weight limit; 1 year manufacturer's warranty
The TriggerPoint GRID foam roller is the best grid foam roller to make the reviews. With a patented design offering a multi-density exterior construction over a hollow core.
- Multi-density exterior construction
- 500 pound weight capacity
- 1 year warranty
- Available in 5 different colors
- 13 inches long
This roller is durable, effective and has a sturdy construction designed to withstand repeated use without compromising on shape and integrity.
With the grid multi dimensional surface, this creates a trigger point massage. A weight limit of 500 pounds, this roller measures 13 inches L x 5.5 inches in diameter.
There are five colors to choose from including pink, orange, lime, black and camo. With excellent customer reviews this roller presents great value!
Included with the purchase is a free online instructional video library that shows all the best practices and ways to use the roller safely and efficiently. In addition the TriggerPoint GRID foam roller comes with a 1 year manufacturers warranty.
Rumbleroller Deep-Tissue Massage Roller
- Knob like fingers
- Very durable
- Massage tool
The Rumbleroller Deep Tissue Roller has a pretty intense massage method via the knobs that work not only in backwards and forwards but also side to side rocking.
- Intense massage options – forwards and backwards or side to side
- Available in black or blue
- Two lengths to choose from 12 inches and 36 inches
As a word of warning if you are a complete newbie to foam rolling, I don’t recommend this roller. It is very intense and will offer a lot of discomfort for your first time. if you are a seasoned roller and looking for the next level up then this is a great choice.
Available in 12 inches L x 5 inches in diameter or 36 inches in length and 6 inches in diameter. Both measurements also have options for original density or extra firm.
Asymmetrical in shape the knobs can easily flex in one direction which provides a wiping-type massage pressure. If you were to roll side to side then the bumps are forced to flex in a direction which creates a much stiffer result or more of a digging pressure.
The bumps on the Rumbleroller Deep Tissue Roller are firmer than muscle tissue which is needed for the massage yet softer than bone. This means that they deflect out of the way in they come in contact with the spine or bones.
High Density Eco-Friendly EVA Foam Rollers
1 used from $ 20.98
- 18 INCH LENGTH x 6 INCH ROUND - This listing is for our 18 x 6 Inch foam roller - Perfect for lower body exercises.
- RECOMMENDED BY THE PROFESSIONALS - Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Personal Trainers & Medical Professionals all recommend a firm foam roller as the safest method for physical therapy, back pain, neck pain, core stabilization, stamina, and balance.
- PERFECT FOR SELF MASSAGE THERAPY & MYOFASCIAL RELEASE - Great for improving muscle mobility, flexibility, relieving muscle tension and increasing muscle reflexology for Crossfit, Pilates, bodybuilding, running, weight training, yoga and all sports enthusiasts.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE PREMIUM EVA FOAM - Eva is eco-friendly and will not flake or chip and will hold its shape even with the heaviest of users. Eva is 100% recyclable and doesn't use chlorine in its production.
- 100% LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. At Rolling With It, we are so confident you will absolutely fall in love with our products that we offer an Unconditional Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not 100% satisfied for any reason, please CONTACT US immediately and we will do whatever it takes to ensure you are!
A firm, high density, standard roller the Rolling With it Foam Roller is an excellent tool for physical therapy. Recommended for use by medical professionals this roller is particularly suited to lower body rolling but has many other uses too.
- 18 inches long and 6 inches round
- Premium grade EVA foam
- Eco friendly, non porous
- Soft exterior and firm core
This roller is 18 inches long and 6 inches round and is the ideal candidate for lower body exercises. Recommended by medical professionals this firm roller offers safe use to treat muscle aches and pains.
Made from premium grade EVA foam this is environmentally friendly, will not lose its shape and does not flake or chip off.
A non-porous material that has a soft exterior yet firm core, it is 100% recyclable and no chlorine goes into the making of this product.
Rolling With it Foam Roller also comes with a 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee which offers great buyer peace of mind.
ProSource Sports Medicine Foam Roller
3 used from $ 19.08
- DURABLE SOLID INTERIOR - EVA foam-filled interior provides firm support & won't crack or break under heavy pressure
- WORKOUT RECOVERY - Provides for deep, effective muscle massage that is beneficial for both pre and post-workout activities
- VERSATILE - Great for users of all sizes,shapes and fitness levels to help stretch and massage any tight area
- AFFORDABLE MASSAGE - Multiple density zones stretch and massage away muscle tension without the cost of a masseuse
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY - Backed by a limited lifetime warranty; Size 24" x 6" comes in 3 color options.
The ProSource Sports Medicine Roller is another deep tissue roller that has a solid centre and outer made from EVA foam. Versatile, this roller can be used for before and after workouts, due to the bumps on the exterior this roller is specifically for massage purposes.
- Two sizes
- Available in three different colors
- Solid core
- Multi density bumps
- EVA foam
- Limited lifetime warranty
The bumps on the surface of the roller are of varying sizes and flexibility which makes it an ideal deep massage partner. The variation allows for releasing tension within muscles.
Suitable for someone who has progressed past the beginners stage and are looking for a stronger roller to get even deeper into their aches and pains.
There are two different size options to choose from 24″ long x 6″ round or 13″ long x 6″ round. Each length is available in black, orange or blue. If you are wondering what size is best, for a full body massage I recommend the 24″.
Covered with a limited lifetime warranty the ProSource Sports Medicine Roller is well priced and offers a great range of deep tissue massage options.
OPTP PRO-ROLLER Soft Half Foam Roller
- Soft density half-size PRO-ROLLER
- Durable cross-linked, closed-cell foam construction
- Provides gentle massage for sore, tight muscles
- Offers both flat and round sides for versatility in Pilates, yoga and stability exercise
- Measures 36 inches long by 6 inches wide by 3 inches tall
The OPTP Pro Roller is a half roller which is ideal for core stabilizing activities and rehabilitation exercises such as pilates and yoga.
- Half size for rehab exercises
- Soft density makes it great for beginners
- High quality construction
Durable, this roller is designed to withstand heavy, repeated use in the gym, home or clinic. Made from EVA foam it won’t crack, chip or deteriorate. Designed with cross-linked, closed cell and heat molded technology this roller has been made to last.
Simply wipe it down with a wet cloth or disinfecting wipe if needed. The half roller is available in blue and measures 36″ L x 6″ W x 3″ H.
The OPTP Pro Roller is great for a complete beginner or someone who has extremely tight muscles. Soft density, the roller provides an effective massage but without the high pressure making it more comfortable to get started with.
Original Tiger Tail Massage Stick
- MASSAGE THERAPY AND MUSCLE RELIEF, ANYWHERE: Our portable, easy to carry muscle roller travels easily wherever you go - it's like having a massage therapist on a stick. Take care of tired or sore muscles at the gym, at home, or even at work! Any time you need it, you can get a deep massage to speed muscle recovery or to relieve back pain, joint pain, and muscle pain. Feel better fast, no matter where you are!
- COMFORTABLE, GENTLE, & EFFECTIVE: Tiger Tail's cushioned foam roller muscle massage stick is skin and muscle friendly. The Tiger Tail massages muscles deeply, circulating blood and oxygen into muscle knots to relieve pain and speed recovery. It's also perfect for use before your workout, to prevent injuries and increase mobility. Why spend money on cheaper massage sticks only to find out that the hard plastic pinches, hurts, and is not effective?
- INDUSTRY LEADING, ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED MASSAGE THERAPY TOOL: Tiger Tail's unique design makes foam rolling easy and saves your fingers and hands from fatigue. The firm muscle roller material provides consistent distribution of pressure to your tired sore muscles, to quickly reduce pain and increase recovery for better mobility. Tiger Tail is favored by athletic trainers, personal trainers, doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, massage therapists, and millions of users worldwide.
- RECOMMENDED BY PHYSICAL THERAPISTS AND CHIROPRACTORS WORLDWIDE! Whether you're a serious athlete or just starting a workout program, choose the foam roller muscle stick that's found in professional sports training rooms. The Tiger Tail massage roller plays a key role in injury prevention strategies. When professional athletes absolutely need fast recovery time from muscle cramps, spasms, pain and stiffness, they reach for the massage tool that will do the job - the Classic Tiger Tail!
- NO-HASSLE 3-YEAR WARRANTY! CHOOSE THE FOAM MUSCLE MASSAGE STICK USED BY THE PROS. You can count on durability and high quality with Tiger Tail, as its muscle compression has a special way of helping turn sore, tight, hurting muscles into happy muscles fast. This is why our muscle massage tools are considered by many to be the very best in what they do. Get ready to have happy muscles!
The Tiger Tail Massage is a different, more compact and portable take on a foam roller. Grip onto the handles on either end and like you would use a rolling pin, roll it over the muscle. Portable, this is easy to carry and slot into your bag.
- Available in three different lengths – 12″, 18″ and 22″
- Thin, compact design
- Effective and efificient
- Transport friendly
- Easy to use
The Tiger tail is an ergonomically designed massage therapy tool that allows for ease of targeting sore muscles. The handles on either end are comfortable to hold and will not fatigue your fingers and hands.
A great thing about the Tiger Tail is the users ability to easily adjust the pressure applied. This tool has been recommended by physical therapists and chiropractors worldwide.
The classic Tiger Tail Massage (18″) has a 10″ long foam roller massage surface that does not bend at all. Durable, this roller is designed to last, what’s more is that it is backed by a three year warranty should anything go wrong in this time frame.
Kieba Massage Lacrosse Balls for Myofascial Release
- IMMEDIATE BENEFITS - Self myofascial release eliminates muscle knots and tension. Trigger point therapy massage lacrosse balls relieve sore and tight muscles to rejuvenate and revitalize all areas of the body.
- EASY TO USE - Simply lean on the massage ball and use your own body weight and gravity to relieve muscle knots and tension.
- MASSAGE ANYWHERE - Perfect for use while sitting on any chair, laying in bed, on the floor, or on a yoga mat. Use them at home, at the office, or at the gym. Small, portable and easy to bring along on any trip.
- DURABLE - 100% Solid Rubber Construction. Official size and weight makes it great for lacrosse practice.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase of the Kieba Premium Massage Balls, simply return them within 30 days for a no-questions-asked full refund! Buy with confidence!
Keiba Massage Lacrosse Balls are another myofascial release method for trigger point therapy to eliminate muscle knots and tension.
- Excellent for specific trigger point release
- 100% solid rubber
- Firm, high density balls
- 100% money back guarantee
These balls are firm (much firmer than a tennis ball) and through your own body weight and gravity can apply pressure and get into the tension area.
Made from 100% solid rubber, the size of these balls and weight actually make them suitable for lacrosse practice too. Slightly smaller than a tennis ball but large than a golf ball, this is the optimal size for getting into those hard to reach places.
The firmness of these balls make them very effective at muscle and myofascial release. They are used and recommended by many physical therapists and are an affordable, quality tool to have in your home, office or gym bag.
100% money back guarantee the Keiba Massage Lacrosse Balls can be returned within 30 days of purchase if you are not satisfied.
Rumble Roller Extra Firm Beastie bar
- The only stick-type massager than can be used totally hands-free
- Uses a pair of RumbleRoller X-Firm Beasties
- 60 firm, high-profile bumps to dig deeper into a troublesome area
- Comes with a pair of detachable stands that securely hold the Beastie Bar
- The stands elevate the Beastie Bar 1/2" above the surface
The Rumble Roller Beastie bar with stand is particularly useful for getting into the shoulders. This area is one of the harder to reach places so the stick and stand combination make it easier.
- Hands free rolling design
- Extra firm beastie balls for deep massage benefits
- Great for shoulders
Like the Tiger Tail this is a stick roller that also has the option to be totally hands-free thanks to the stand design. The handgrips of the bar clip into the stands which makes it quite sturdy and easy to use. The stand elevates the bar to 1/2″ above the surface.
Two beastie balls are included on the bar in the centre, which provides a deep massage.The spacing of the balls makes it ideal for use along your spinal erectors. If you have been one to tape tennis balls together then this is the upgrade you are ready for.
Measuring 17.32 x 3.15 x 3.15 in the Rumble Roller Beastie bar is easy to transport and store. A space saving, deep massage tool that can be used just about anywhere!
New technologies have brought to life the creation of battery operated rollers. Expensive, and from what we can tell, unnecessary.
The additional effect of vibration has not been studied nor proven to have any extra benefits. However, in saying that there are many people who have used these rollers and liked them. What it comes down to is finding a product that actually makes you enjoy or want to continually use it.
If a vibrating roller makes for a more positive and relaxing experience, chances are you will use it more frequently. This is a great result, so for those people a vibrating roller is a great option.
Although fairly loud and nearly double the price these vibrating rollers would be ideally suited to a home environment.
The best vibrating roller is the Hyperice Vyper 2.0 High-Intensity Vibrating Fitness Roller.
Hyperice Vyper 2.0 High-Intensity Vibrating Fitness Roller
- Optimal self myofascial release tool to increase flexibility, circulation, and reduce muscle soreness
- Three vibration settings transmit superior amplitude and vibration for physiological benefits
- 2x more effective than regular foam rolling to warm up and actively recover
- Increase range of motion by up to 40% (versus 18% increase with regular foam rolling)
- EXCLUSIVE Hyperice Brand Catalog with Amazon purchase through HYPERICE SELLER ONLY
The Hyperice Vyper has three vibration frequency levels and is the most powerful vibrating roller on the market.
- Vibrating roller with three vibration levels
- Vibration maintained even with body weight applied
- Rechargeable batteries
- 2 hours of use at full charge
Even when body weight is applied the vibrating is maintained due to the superior amplitude and G-force (6.8, 7.8 and 8.8).
Three vibration levels of 45HZ, 68 HZ and 92 HZ allow the user to adjust to the level they are comfortable with.
Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries provide over 2 hours of use at full charge. This roller has a dual-zoned exterior shell made from poly-propylene. The material is smooth with a grooved exterior design offering a customized roll.
Measuring11.6″ x 5.3″ x 5.3″ inches the Hyperice Vyper is travel friendly and is TSA approved as carry on luggage.
Things to Look for when Buying a Foam Roller
While these are fairly straightforward tools there are a couple of things to consider. The biggest factor is the density of the roller, the more dense, the more pressure and intensity of the workout.
The texture of the surface also affects the intensity and pressure of your workout. Smooth cylinders offer even pressure – great for beginners. There are also knobby or bumpy surfaces which can offer more intense pressure release.
Most rollers are around 6 inches in diameter and the length can range from four all the way to 36inches. Long rollers do offer more stability but if you are travelling or have limited space you should choose a smaller roller.
Foam Rollers and Myofascial Release
Myofascial release is a type of massage more commonly known as a sports or deep tissue massage. This type of massage loosens up sore, tight and knotted muscles to assist with the recovery.
As mentioned, foam rollers are a do it yourself way to achieve the same result. Weekly massages will amount to a lot of money spent in the long run. Unless you are an athlete who has access to free treatment then this isn’t really an option.
What Exactly is Myofascial Release?
Fascia is a like cotton candy cushioning around your body, made up of collagen fibers that run around and into muscles, organs and nerves. Fascia can be considered what actually holds everything together within the body.
Training, exercising and working muscles results in the fascia also working. If overtraining occurs the fascia becomes irritated and restricted which is mostly due to small tears in the fascia.
By applying pressure through a foam roller to the affected or sore parts of the body, the fascia is released. This has an almost immediate effect on your mobility and functioning.
Key Health Benefits of Foam Roller Exercises
There are many reasons to foam roll so let’s take a look in a little more depth.
Improved flexibility and increased joint range of motion
Foam rollers are linked to increasing your flexibility and range of motion. Something as simple as releasing the fascia has a ripple or domino effect on other parts of the body. For example, by releasing your hamstrings you may notice a bit more relief in your lower back.
Ensuring you have free range of motion and fluidity between tight areas is important for ones circulation. The oxygen rich blood needs to travel to every inch of the body and is also linked to a healthy immune system. Releasing tight areas with a foam roller will also increase the circulation.
Post-workout rolling is also attributed to stress release and winding down before entering the world again. Lowering the cortisol levels is great after a truly tiring workout.
Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) is something all athletes from beginners to advanced have experienced. The stiffness in your muscles can set in anytime after your workout and generally peaks 24-48 hours after. By using a roller immediately after your workout you significantly reduce the DOMS.
Prevention is always better than a treatment. Regular stretching and use of a foam roller will reduce the likelihood of injuries that are caused from tightness and over use. An example of this is iliotibial band syndrome.
The Best Foam Roller Exercises
So now you know they importance of foam rolling and the best foam rollers but what are the best foam roller exercises?
Try to complete each of the following exercises for 1 minute on each area and try to relax the muscle while doing it. Deep breaths helps so try to focus on this. If there are any sharp, shooting pains do not continue! Foam rolling will be uncomfortable but not painful, there is a difference.
Hamstrings and Gluteals
Tight hamstrings are a common problem with desk workers and those who lead sedentary lives, tight hamstrings is also linked to lower back pain.
Sit on the floor and place the foam roller under your legs long ways.
Using your arms for support adjust how much weight and pressure you will release onto the roller, you can slowly add more pressure as it becomes more bearable.
Once you have found the right pressure roll yourself along the roller from the bottom on your glutes to your knees.
Quadriceps (The Front Of Your Legs)
Laying on your front, place the roller longways at the top of your quads, adjust the pressure here as needed too. The quadriceps can be particularly tight and sore so don’t dump all your weight onto the roller!
Using your hands in a bit of a push up position, roll your body forwards and backwards, allowing the roller to roll up and down our quads. Keep your abs engaged while doing this.
Iliotibial (IT) Band
Rolling out the IT band requires you to be in a sideplank position. Place the roller under your leg, use the other one for support by bringing it forward. Adjust the pressure by adjusting the body weight on the roller.
Roll from the top of the thigh down to the knee and back up again. Repeat on the opposite side.
Desk jobs are particularly bad for the upper back, as is hunching over to look at your phone, book, ipad and computer. To reach this area, place the foam roller perpendicular to your body and lean your upper back against it. Place your hands behind your head, lift your hips and gently roll from the top of the back to the middle back.
For ladies, make sure your hair is tied up as it can easily get caught under the roller.
Start slow, see how your body reacts to the foam roller and build up a consistent routine. Definitely use a roller after workouts but you could also try before a workout too, it may allow you to push yourself further.
If you don’t workout then a foam roller is still really beneficial, office/desk workers or those who have physically demanding jobs will also reap the benefits of foam rolling.
A Few Tips for Beginners
Slow It Down
Although it can be uncomfortable, there is no benefit of rushing through the routine. Slow down and really massage into each muscle area.
Don’t Spend Too Much Time on Sore Spots
The after effects of rolling can sometimes cause people to over work or over roll out on sore spots. Grin and bearing through this pain can be doing more harm than good. If you apply too much pressure you could potentially hit a nerve or worse damage the tissue which will result in bruising. If you have a particularly sore spot, start with 20 seconds and approach it each day.
Speak to your doctor if you have osteoporosis or are pregnant, there are modifications that can be made to your routine so be sure to discuss this with a qualified professional.
Care and maintenance
These are very simple devices and taking care of them is also simple. When not in use store them upright and out of direct sunlight. When using a foam roller be sure to wear clothing that does not have zippers or buttons which can rip the roller surfer.
After use wipe the roller with a damp sponge or antibacterial wipes. Don’t soak the roller as the foam can absorb water and take days to dry.
Foam rolling is a simple and highly effective tool for muscle recovery and muscle release. There are many different rollers on the market so to make the decision easier for you we have selected the best foam rollers available. As a final note, please listen to your body, if there is serious pain or it is getting worse then stop what you are doing and seek medical attention.
Foam rollers are a must have tool for your workout bag or your home! For a fast recovery and muscle relief, a foam roller is excellent.