Best Home Gym Equipment 💪
If you’re setting out to build your own home gym set, there are any number of directions you can go. Depending on what you need, you can buy cardio equipment weight lifting equipment or a combination of different workout equipment that’s designed for use in the home.
To find the best home gym equipment, we looked first at a typical workout routine. First, you stretch and warm up. Next, depending on what kind of exercise you need, you either do cardio or strength training. And finally, of course, you need a cooldown and recovery period.
We’ve tried to arrange our reviews in that order. We start with gloves – safety first! – progress to warmup equipment, and move from there into weightlifting. Next, we’ll look at ellipticals, spinning bikes, and rowing machines, for getting your cardio workout. Finally, we’ll look at some inversion tables and rollers to help you recover once you’re done.
So, without further ado, let’s check out these home gym must haves!
Best Home Exercise Equipment Available Online
Xhaus Weight Lifting Gym Workout Gloves
- ENHANCED GRIP – The flexible neoprene gym gloves feature， protects your hands from calluses, reduces friction discomfort all while still maintaining a strong grip on what you are holding onto
- ADJUSTABLE WRIST WRAPS SUPPORT – The Weightlifting gloves with wrist wraps can make you stronger and improve comfort and reduce hand tension
- UNRIVALED COMFORT and VENTILATED – lifting gloves is made of Lycra material，lightweight, breathable and stretchy material, to increases flexibility, comfort and fit
- VERSATILE USES -Gym workout gloves are great for home gyms, and other indoor/outdoor exercises , they can be used for weight training, fitness, cross training, bench press, pull ups, rope climbing and many more
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Since your satisfaction is our top priority, this weight lifting gloves is backed by our unconditional MONEY BACK guarantee policy. Please contact us if you have any question, we will always be more than happy to help you
Xhaus Weight Lifting Gym Workout Gloves are well ventilated, so your hands won’t get too sweaty inside them.
- Ventilated lycra half-finger gloves
- Silicon gel-padded palm
- Available in 4 sizes
Xhaus Weight Lifting Gym Workout Gloves have a half-finger design that provides a winning combination of texture and comfort. They’re also highly flexible, so you’ll be able to grip any size bar or handle.
These gloves feature thick palms that are injected with a silicone gel. This gel sets to a semi-solid state which provides a soft, cool cushion that absorbs the shock from high-intensity workouts like kettlebells, burpees, and HIIT.
When you lift weights or perform body weight exercises like pullups, it’s important to keep your grip secure and prevent your hands from blistering. These gloves are a great way to do just that.
- Thick padding in the palms
- Plenty of wrist support
- Grippy palms and half fingers
- 100% money back guarantee
- Small sizes
The lycra material makes these gloves both lightweight and comfortable.
Cobra Grips FIT Weight Lifting Gloves
- (REGISTERED PATENT No. # 2750562 D752695) THE ONLY GEAR YOU NEED IN YOUR GYM BAG Replaces a grip pad, your lifting grips & power hooks
- One SIZE Fits All With Adjustable Wrist Straps. Say Good BYE To WRIST WRAPS Our lifting grips have a built-in wrist support wrap for enhanced comfort
- NO MORE SLIPS, NO MORE CHAFFING Provides ample padding to protect the palms & gives a tight grip
- A TRULY COMFORTABLE FIT Fully adjustable 6mm neoprene gym glove alternative won’t hold you back
- PATENTED Ergonomically engineered with safety in mind; Maximum protection for the wrist
Cobra Grips FIT Weight Lifting Gloves have a truly unique design that’s fantastic value.
- Durable leather gloves
- Reverse hook insert for easy weightlifting
- One size fits all
Cobra Grips FIT Weight Lifting Gloves are designed specifically for weightlifting, although they’re equally well-suited to any exercise that requires you to keep a grip on a bar. The reason for this is their unique construction, which features a metal hook that protrudes from your wrist and curves back towards your palm. When you close your fingers over the top, this provides a very secure grip, which can help you push your weight limit to the max without dropping the bar.
- Designed for you to lift heavy weights
- Very good wrist support
- Keeps your fingers free and flexible
- Easy to put on and take off
These gloves are one size fits all, so there’s no need to worry about sizing.
Motive Fitness TotalStretch Body Stretching Machine
- Stretching Trainer designed to provide users of all sizes with a total solution to stretching for warm up, improved mobility and relief from pain
- Ergostretch handlebar System provides multiple grips to target different muscles for users of all sizes
- Ergostretch platform places user in correct position for more effective lower leg stretches and standing stretches from a stabilized position
- Ergostretch rollers provides comfortable and effective leg stabilization for both seated and standing stretches
- Comfortable padded seat and placard with stretching instructions; 59 x 29 x 40 inches. Weight Capacity of 325 pounds
The Motive Fitness TotalStretch TS200 is exceptionally rugged, making it some of the best exercise equipment for home workout warmups.
- 325-pound weight limit
- Comfortable, adjustable seat
- Wrist strap for safety
- 59” x 29” footprint
- Weighs 102 pounds
The Motive Fitness TotalStretch TS200 is a versatile stretching machine, which is designed to help you stretch every major muscle group in your body. It’s large enough to support a 325-pound person and features an adjustable seat so that even a petite woman or a large man can use it with equal ease and comfort.
This machine weighs a hefty 102 pounds, but it features a roll-away wheel for easy storage. And while it’s good for pre-workout warmups, it’s also useful for injury rehab and general well-being.
- Adjustable for almost any sized person
- Stretches every muscle group
- Easy to roll away and store
- Tough enough for a professional gym
This machine helps you to stretch and flex every muscle in your body.
Century Leg Stretcher Portable Stretching Machine
- Improve Flexibility!
- Lightweight Portable Design
- Stores Easily
- Cushioned Seat
- 90 Day Warranty
The Century Leg Stretcher is compact and lightweight, which makes it an ideal choice if space is at a premium.
- 200-pound weight limit
- Ratchet for easily increasing your stretch
- Collapsible design
- Weighs 24 pounds
The Century Leg Stretcher is a small leg stretching machine that’s designed for increasing your stretch in small increments. It features a pull cord in the center, which connects to a ratchet between your legs. When you pull on the cord, the ratchet clicks open one notch at a time. This allows you to push your limits slowly and gently.
This type of machine only stretches your legs, not your whole body. However, your legs are the most important part of your body to stretch before most weightlifting routines.
- Easy to increase your stretch
- Very lightweight
- Easy storage
- No back support
- Limited weight capacity
This machine is collapsible, and can easily be stored in a closet when not in use.
Marcy Adjustable Utility Bench for Home Gym
$93.06 in stock
1 used from $ 80.96
- GREAT FOR A FULL-BODY WORKOUT – The adjustable utility bench from Marcy is ideal for working out and building up the muscles in your chest, shoulders, back, abs, and more. It’s a great unit for a full-body workout, whether you’re at home or at the gym.
- DELUXE-BOXED UPHOLSTERY -This utility bench is made from premium-quality materials. It has a powder-coated steel frame with high-density foam in black and white upholstery. This keeps your body secured and supported during light or intense workouts alike
- ADJUSTABLE SIX-POSITION BACK PAD – The back pad is highly adjustable and can be set to different angles to help perform chest exercises such as incline, military, decline, and flat presses. The tilting seat can be adjusted to 3 positions to fit any user.
- ADAPTABLE TO FIT MOST MACHINES – Not only is this equipment highly adjustable, it’s adaptable as well! Attach it to other squat racks, half cages, and Smith machines and get the most out of your workout. The assembled dimensions measures 52 x 25 x 46.5
The Marcy Adjustable Utility Bench is barebones and lightweight, a good choice if you’re trying to fit a workout bench into a small room.
- 550-pound weight limit
- Collapsible design
- Adjusts to 18 different positions
- 5” x 25” footprint
- Weighs 46 pounds
The Marcy Adjustable Utility Bench is designed to be compact and lightweight, while still allowing you to perform all the lifts you’d expect from a larger bench. The back adjusts to six different positions and the legs adjust to three different positions, allowing for 18 different positions in total. That’s not bad for a bench that’s less than four feet long. It’s also easy to assemble, thanks to a well-written instruction booklet and a bubble pack with nuts and bolts all pre-sorted.
- Very adjustable
- Easy to assemble
- Ideal for small spaces
- Low weight limit
If you need a compact weight bench that’s also adjustable, this is one of the key home workout essentials.
Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max Weight Bench
$87.49 in stock
3 used from $ 81.37
- [800 LBS WEIGHT CAPACITY]: 800 lbs weight capacity with unique triangular support structure that gives this bench incredible strength. Strong powder coated tubular steel frame construction. User height up to 6’4″
- [UPGRADED WIDER BACKREST/SEAT]:Upgraded 2019 foam backrest with 2″ wider (12″ W x 33.5″ L) for better back support while exercising. Upgraded 2019 larger seat (15.3″ W x 14.5″ L) with 2″ wider on the back width
- [12 POSITION ADJUSTABLE BACKREST]: Smooth 12 position adjustable backrest by utilizing 2 position front leg adjustment. Backrest adjusts to -20 degree decline to +80 degree incline angles. Flat position height: 17.5″. Backrest thickness: 1.75″
- [DETACHABLE LEG HOLD-DOWN]: Detachable 3 position adjustable leg hold down bar for additional stability during workouts. Extended leg stabilizers prevent movement or rocking during workouts. Transportation wheels included for easy relocation
- [FOLDABLE]: Can be folded for storage. Folded size: 51″ L x 23.5″ w x 9″ H. Set up Dimensions: 59″ L x 23.5″ W x 48.5″ H. 1 Year limited warranty
The Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max is perfectly sized for tall people.
- 800-pound weight limit
- 12 total positions
- Collapsible design
- Removable leg curl brace
- 59” x 23.5” footprint
- Weighs 35 pounds
The Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max is designed to support plenty of weight, with an 800-pound capacity and a solid frame. It’s very reasonably priced and comes at a fantastic value. It’s fairly utilitarian, with a Spartan leg curl brace and a relatively narrow backrest.
That said, this bench is has a very well designed frame. It’s powder coated, with rubber feet, and it’s very generously sized. Even if you’re big enough to be an NFL linebacker, you’ll still be able to fit.
- Great choice if you’re north of six feet tall
- Rugged design
- Lightweight and portable
- Not very comfortable
This bench is built like a brick and can take a serious beating.
Ironmaster Super Bench Adjustable
- SUPER STRONG 1000 LB RATED. Heavy duty, stable bench platform, but still easy to pick up and move, very space efficient design.
- QUICKLY ADJUSTS TO 11 ANGLES WITH PATENTED FOOT LEVER. Quickly adjusts from decline to upright from either side of the bench.
- MULTI FUNCTIONAL, PROVEN DESIGN. Ideal for dumbbell training, barbell, machine or cage work. Perfect for use with dumbbells, smith machines, cages or racks. Check out all the amazing attachments available – more than any other bench in the world!
- SOLID WARRANTY AND SUPPORT WITH OVER 35 YEARS OF PROOF. 10 year structural warranty and 1 year on upholstery. Ironmaster is always at the ready to help if needed.
The Ironmaster Super Bench is has a 90-degree fixed seat, which tilts along with the backrest.
- 1,000-pound weight limit
- Adjusts to 11 positions
- Foot pedal for back adjustment
- Collapsible design
- 44” x 18.75” footprint
- Weighs 65 pounds
The Ironmaster Super Bench is very heavy duty. It’s designed to support 1,000 pounds, which means it’s tough enough even for Olympic weightlifters. It has a foot pedal which allows you to make adjustments without standing up, and a fixed seat that remains at a 90-degree angle to the bench no matter how the bench is angled.
The Ironmaster is a great choice if you lift very heavy weights, and it also comes with a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty on the frame. That said, it’s fairly expensive, so you may prefer something smaller if you don’t need all the features and strength.
- Easy to adjust
- Fixed 90-degree seat
- Very durable
- Large weight limit
- 10-year frame warranty
This weight bench is exceptionally rugged and sturdy.
XMark Commercial Squat Rack and Bench Press
- Rugged: 3″ X 3″ commercial military grade steel construction, 1000 lb weight capacity
- Space Saving: 53″ x 49.5″ x 73″ assembled dims, suitable for your home gym or a large-scale training facility
- Adjustable: 23 safety arm positions measuring 1.5″ and 3″
- Safety: Locking j-hooks and 23″ safety spotters
- Versatile: Equally equipped for squats, bench, clean pulls, and floor press. Optional dip handle, XM-9051-Dip, may be purchased separately.
The XMark Multi-Function Adjustable Squat Rack features long safety spotter rails that keep you as safe as possible from drops.
- Weight limit of 1,000 pounds
- Adjustable spotter rails
- 11 gauge steel frame
- 53” x 49.5” footprint
The XMark Multi-Function Adjustable Squat Rack is a big, bad beast of a squat rack that’s designed to support up to 1,000 pounds. It’s constructed from heavy, 11 gauge powder coated steel, and includes a pair of weight bar supports for hanging your barbell when it’s not in use.
This is a squat rack, not a bench press machine. While you can position the J-hooks at bench height, you’ll need an actual bench to complete the setup. Either way, the pair of long adjustable spotter rails are very strong and will keep you well protected from accidental drops.
- Durable construction
- Very safe
- A little pricey
This squat rack is some of the most rugged workout equipment for home use.
Goplus Adjustable Power Rack Exercise Stand
- Solid Construction for Sturdiness—The main frame is constructed from steel. All tube seams are welded to provide additional strength and stability. And all steel components are powder coated and sealed. It is easy to keep clean and ideal for years of use.
- Non-Slip Rubber Feet for Safety Guarantee—Non-slip and abrasion-resistant rubber feet can ensure safety and avoid damage to the floor, which make the power rack firmly stand on the floor. What’s more, the weight capacity of it is 500 lbs, so it’s pretty steady while you are doing exercise.
- Walk-In Design for Plenty Space—A wide walk-in design offers plenty of side-to-side movement space. What’s more, adjustable barbell rack makes it suitable for a variety of heights (11.6″ – 75.4″).
- Functional Power Rack for Widely Use—Perfect to use for weightlifting, the included bar catches can be used to assist while performing squats, dead lifts, curls, etc. The reinforced overhead workout bar can be used for body-weight training such as pull-ups, chin-ups, leg raises, squats, dips and more.
- 29 Levels Adjustable Barbell Rack Height—Height of this barbell rack can be adjusted according to different training goals. With a clear instruction, it can be assembled in only a few minutes and once taken down can be easily stored out of the way.
The Goplus Adjustable Power Rack features 29 different J-hook positions, so you can use it no matter what your height.
- 400-pound weight limit
- Built-in straight pull-up bar
- 2 standard-sized weight storage bars
- 50” x 45” footprint
The Goplus Adjustable Power Rack is a versatile power rack that’s built to be as affordable as possible. It supports 400 pounds, which isn’t going to win you any Olympic medals but is more than enough for the vast majority of people. Unless you need to lift large amounts of weight, you’ll find that this rack is an excellent value.
It has a pair of weight holders on the back for storing up to 400 pounds of standard-sized weights. This is a great way of keeping your weights organized, as well as an excellent lifting rack.
- Can be used as a storage rack
- Many lifting positions
- No spotter bars
If you’re looking for an inexpensive power rack, this is an excellent choice.
Titan T-3 Series Tall Folding Power Rack
- Now includes our version 2 uprights featuring 6″ side hole spacing.
- T-3 Series Folding Power Racks use 2″ x 3″ 11 gauge steel tubes with a 2″ diameter pull up bar.
- Folds flats against wall to conserve as much space as possible.
- Laser cut for a precise fit and a heavy powder coat for a durable finish.
- 4 J-Hooks included!
The Titan T-3 Series Tall Folding Power Rack has a very impressive 1,000-pound weight capacity.
- 1,100-pound weight limit
- Wall-mounted, collapsible design
- 11-gauge steel frame
- 21 ½” x 50” footprint
If you have limited space but still want to use a power rack, the Titan T-3 Series Tall Folding Power Rack is the answer to your prayers. This powerful rack mounts on your wall, and collapses to lay flat against the wall when it’s not in use. It’s not ideal for apartments, though, since you’ll have to drill some holes in your wall.
This rack is constructed from heavy, 11 gauge steel, and has an 1,100-pound capacity. Provided your wall is well-constructed, you can load this bad boy up with a lot of weight.
- Folds flat against the wall
- Durable construction
- Large weight capacity
- Poor choice for apartments
This rack sticks out only three inches from the wall when it’s fully collapsed.
Body-Solid Leg Press/HaBody-Solid Leg Press/Hack Squat Machineck Squat Machine
- Quad Track roller System operates smoothly and distributes weight evenly
- Both back pads utilize a quick flip-and-lock mechanism
- Extra-heavy Gauge diamond plate foot platforms for both leg press and hack squat positions
- Easy-access under-carriage plate load System
- Extra heavy-duty 2″x 4″ 11-gauge steel mainframe minimizes torsional flex for maximum strength and stability
The Body-Solid Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine is very ruggedly designed.
- 1,000-pound weight limit
- Can also be used for hack squats
- 3 lockout positions
- 83” x 34” footprint
- Weighs 317 pounds
The Body-Solid Leg Press/Hack Squat Machine is a unique machine that’s designed not just for leg presses. As the name implies, it’s also designed for hack squats.
This machine is also very comfortable. It features thick, heavy shoulder and back pads, and a textured, slip-resistant foot plate. The backrest is very thick, and has a reinforced lumbar support that keeps your back rigid and strong even when you’re lifting your maximum. It also features three safety lockout positions, as well as a heavy, commercial-grade frame that can handle years of abuse.
- Thick, comfortable padding
- Highly adjustable
- Multiple workout options
- Durable construction
This machine features not just one but three lockout positions, providing for exceptional safety when you’re pushing yourself to the limit.
Body-Solid Powerline Vertical Leg Press
1 used from $ 273.49
- Vertical leg press that effectively isolates your lower body muscles
- Dual-adjustable 1/2-inch locking pins; 3 starting and stopping positions
- Extra-thick back pad and contoured head and neck pad
- Durable alloy steel frame with tough powder-coated finish
- 400-pound capacity; weights, adapter sleeves, and collars not included
The Body-Solid Powerline Vertical Leg Press weighs only 93 pounds, and can be easily disassembled for storage when necessary.
- 400-pound capacity
- 3 lockout positions
- Vertical design
- 46” x 60” footprint
- Weighs 93 pounds
The Body-Solid Powerline Vertical Leg Press is a vertical machine, which means that instead of stretching out horizontally and taking up a ton of space, the weights are in a tall stack, which can be easily positioned against a wall or in a corner.
The weight capacity on this machine is 400 pounds, which limits its utility if you’re a serious weightlifter with powerful legs. That said, 400 pounds is plenty for the average person, and it’s a sensible machine if space is a major concern. It’s also lightweight and easy to assemble, so you can put it away easily without a lot of trouble.
- Low weight limit
This machine has a vertical design, which keeps the footprint to a minimum.
CAP Barbell SDPP-024 Color Coated Hex Dumbbell
$34.17 in stock
2 used from $ 31.78
- No.VERSATILE Dumbbells offer the ability to target specific muscle groups or attain a full body workout
- CONSTRUCTION: Heads are made from ASTM A48 Class 20 grey iron joined together by a solid 1018 cold rolled steel chromed handle
- FEATURES: Original Hex Shaped heads prevent rolling. The medium depth knurling on the ergo handle provides essential grip and security during use. Coating is extremely durable and does not have an odor
- FUNCTIONAL: Perfect for isolations, full body, functional and HIIT workouts
- CHOICES: This dumbbell group from CAP is available in sizes from 5, 8, 10, 12, and 15 50 pounds in 5 pounds increments
CAP Barbell Coated Hex Dumbbell Weights are rubber coated, which protects your floor from scratches and the weights from corrosion.
- Available in 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, or 50 pounds
- Textured stainless steel grips
- Rubber coated hex dumbbells
CAP Barbell Coated Hex Dumbbell Weights have a scratch-resistant finish, which both protects the iron weights from corrosion and prevents them from easily scratching your floor. Be warned, though; this rubber finish needs to finish setting in open air and will outgas for a few days after arrival. This doesn’t affect the performance of the barbells, but it might permeate your living room with a chemical odor for the first few days.
These weights are available in 12 different sizes. Whether you’re toning or strength training, you’re well covered.
- Easy to grip
- Won’t scratch your floor
- Won’t roll away
- Stinks on arrival
You can order these dumbbells either individually or as a pair.
BalanceFrom BF-D358 Dumbbell Set with Stand
4 used from $ 34.40
- 3 pairs of dumbbells in 3-pound, 5-pound, and 8-pound sizes. Ideal for resistance and other trainings
- The durable, neoprene material coated cast iron is great for indoor and outdoor workouts
- Neoprene coating on weights allow for a secure grip. The Hex shape of the dumbbells prevents them from rolling
- Easy to Assemble. Weight stand is included. A Assembly tool is included for your Convenience too
- All genuine everyday essentials products are covered by a 2-year Warranty
BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbells are available primarily in very light weights that are perfect for toning.
- Available in 1-10 pounds and 12, 15, or 18 pounds
- Also available in 20 and 30-pound sets
- Neoprene coated grips and weights
BalanceFrom GoFit All-Purpose Dumbbells are completely coated in neoprene, from the handles to the weights themselves. The coating is color coded by weight, so you can easily distinguish them at a glance if you’ve got multiple weights.
These dumbbells are available in 13 different weights, and can be ordered either individually or as a pair. Alternatively, you can order a multi-pack that also ships with a wooden stand. It’s a nice touch, but some users report that the stand starts to collapse after a few weeks.
- Great choice for light workouts
- Sets come with a stand
- Stand is relatively flimsy
These dumbbells are color coded by weight and have white numbering on the weights just in case you forget what’s what.